• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Where Are The Wiccans?

Guest Lee-Asher Geo-James
i have been practising for 17 years if any one would like some information on wicca look up loki/cael on chat ill be glad to explain

You want to send me some information?

You're going to love Willow's and I's wedding. :)

• 2 months later...

I know this thread is old but I am new here and have been Wiccan for going on 42 years now and have seen a lot of the development and change in the way it is practiced over the years. Wicca is really a new religion that is supposedly based on many centuries old practices of many different origins. As already stated it was first formed around 1939 by Gerald Gardner and company. Gardner was a Mason and a practitioner of ceremonial magick and brought a lot of those aspects to the ceremonies of Wicca. There were several splits in Wicca as some of Gardner’s people started their own traditions such as Alexandrian Wicca started by Alex Sanders. Today the path has split many times with some versions that do not even remotely resemble the original other than calling themselves Wiccan.

My introduction was into the Alexandrian path which is much like Gardnerian. Some of the basic tenants of the path are that we are all part of the web of life and nature within the universe and what we do effects the web as what happens on the web affects us. We tend to worship the Solar and Lunar seasons and celebrations that have been honored for thousands of years from the time of earliest mankind. This helps put us in tune with our Mother Earth and lets us align our own energies with Her in a natural cycle of life. One of the central themes in modern Wicca is that of the circle or wheel sometimes called the wheel of life. Imagine a wheel before you with the seasons of the Earth placed around it. The wheel rotates through each season and always comes back to the beginning to start again. We tend to believe our life is like this wheel in that we travel through different stages in our life from beginning to end only to come back and start on the wheel again in another life. The wheel is used in the form of a sacred circle in our worship where we create a place between the worlds to do our work.

The structure of Wicca is widely varied. There are those who work in groups usually called a coven or grove. There are many who practice alone as a solitary. There is no higher organization of control. However some groups and solitaries work together in a local or global community.

Most of what I have said are publicly known. As already stated Wicca is a mysteries religion and as such there are many things that can not be revealed except to those prepared.

Mia

• 9 months later...
Guest AlyTheGreatAngel

I am not wiccan I consider myself agnostic, but I do practice Magick and the craft I really dont feel commited to any religion but since 2008 I found an interest in the craft which is older than.. You get the point.:) anyone with me? Similiar?

Guest Syamantaka

i thought i found out why they said both wind and water by tracing its meaning through japanese and chinese beleifs. the water can be fluent, destructive, and adept with all three being elegant. the wind portion is known to be pretentious, powerful, and free all three with adroit atributes. though i am not sure if the meanings are the same, i do fit the descriptions more than the other elements.. what gets me baffled though is they said a person can only be associated with one element, for two at one time would destroy a persons link. like i said in the post i know barely anything about wiccan society but what i have been told is that no one known admits to two elements. when i dream i always see a woman wearing a spellcaster/rouge type outfit(using WoW standards) in my dreams, fair pail/pink skin with a color blend of light, blue, darker blue, and silver hair strands. they have also told me that their wican "spirit" has a form and they see it alongside themselves in a mirror or in their dreams. so i would like to ask you that if this is true, is the form i see a "spirit" of myself? now dont call me crazy because of that and i have seen it since long before i could remember. also everyso often i can see glimps's of the future in dreams, but the effects from the dream only takes place weeks or months after. soooo if there is anything you could give me, information on these would help start things off some.

PS: victoriaf you have pm disabled

:hairpull: Dreams are strange I have been chasing Dream travel and De Javu for over

a decade and have some Ideas. Nothing provable, and dream sites I ask this question

are honest and say they have never thought about it. On a Pagan site I go to there

are some discusions pertaning to your questions. You are not crazy and alot of people

around the world have the same thoughts.

So if the Moderators wish they can PM me and I will give them the site and they

can get back to you. Best Wishes & Merry Meet

Guest Elizabeth K

I am not wiccan I consider myself agnostic, but I do practice Magick and the craft I really dont feel commited to any religion but since 2008 I found an interest in the craft which is older than.. You get the point.:) anyone with me? Similiar?

Wicca is based upon parts of the CRAFT, but is a religion. Be careful of what some call 'craft.' If you find a true Practitioner in CRAFT, they will explain.

Lizzy