• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sales are dangerous

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

While searching for some appropriate outfits to wear next month to a thing I'm going to, I went to Lane Bryant's website to find some nice clothes. While shopping around I noticed they were having a sale. Oh, this item is buy 1 get 1 free! Okay, I'll get another in a different color.

A little more shopping and, oh look, that item is also B1G1F. I'll get another one in another color.

Long story short and $175 later...keep me away from B1G1F clothing sales in the future. :blink:

(but everything I bought was on sale!)

LOL! I love that you have the curse too.

I took a friend to my favorite thrift. All clothes $1-2. I bought three items. I let her do her thing.

She bought a pile of stuff spending $35 and then was mad at me I took her there. Giggle.

• Admin

I get these "percent off" coupons from Kohl's all the time. When I get a 30% one, I have no choice in the matter; I must shop! My will power just dissolves. So yes, I know how you feel, Lizzie.

Enjoy your new stuff. :)

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Sarah Faith

I generally try to avoid sales.. because the whole idea that you're saving money!!! Feels kind of disingenuous... Because to take part in a sale, it means going out and spending money that I otherwise probably wouldn't have spent.. Which means I'm not saving anything.. To save money I would not be spending any at all.. So when I see advertisement for sales saying "Save X dollars!" I roll my eyes just a little lol.

• Forum Moderator

I find,like many women, that when shops have sales you need to be in there fairly quickly if you want to get the pick of the racks. I don't generally as sales are so common these days that I would always be spending. This generally means that there is little choice left in my size(s) as I am around average size. I have bought some very good things though. The last being a coat which I came across when in male mode. I had to try it on and was surprised when I didn't get funny looks by any of the other women in the shop.

Usually things in a sale are 'going out' fashion wise anyway so unless whatever you are buying is a standard I would suggest being careful as womens fashion can change rapidly and you could be left looking 'so last year'!

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

My last few shopping trips were at Tractor Supply. I did get some jeans there when they were on sale and on another occasion got some nice long sleeve western style blouses. I must admit to liking the fact that i can use the purchases as a deduction as they are for "farm use."

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest sydney

While searching for some appropriate outfits to wear next month to a thing I'm going to, I went to Lane Bryant's website to find some nice clothes. While shopping around I noticed they were having a sale. Oh, this item is buy 1 get 1 free! Okay, I'll get another in a different color.

A little more shopping and, oh look, that item is also B1G1F. I'll get another one in another color.

Long story short and $175 later...keep me away from B1G1F clothing sales in the future. :blink:

(but everything I bought was on sale!)

This is so true. Funny in that my wife and I were at Lane Bryant today and we also took advantage of that sale (Buy one get one free) and I had a reward bonus of $50 from my Lane Bryant card. We both needed some new clothes and $210 later we came home with two big bags of clothes. They also increased the limit on my Lane Bryant card as I was expecting to pay the last $100 on my debit card but the whole thing went through. I use it for the points and pay the balance off every month.

We originally went to pick up an online order (I had ordered with a 60% off entire order coupon that I got in the mail.) While checking out, another woman came in to pay her balance off on her Lane Bryant card and she was like "I'm not looking at the sales....I'm not looking at the sales, no ma'am not going to, I want to pay off this card and go home, LOL"

Guest Lara-Saphire

Ha Ha Ha ! Value Village Has a 50% off sale once in a while .

Since coming out I've used that sale to fill out my wardrobe N try out things with out braking the bank :(. Still trying to figure out what style of cloths I

like to ware, you can fill up a cart for $100 ........ Then I can go shop the B1G1F sale to buy the styles I no I like. :wub:

I need 2 wardrobe's as I need to keep my 2 "Spirits" nicely appointed . LOL,,,, my clothing bill just doubled :blink:

Gotta save what I can!!!!!!

Right??? My wife and I do most of our shopping at Torrid and if we get out of there for less than $250 each time, we're happy.

Insult to injury is when they have Haute Cash, means we have to go back again in six weeks, lol

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Insult to injury is when they have Haute Cash, means we have to go back again in six weeks, lol

It's an evil, evil trick to get you to return!

(I hit up the Torrid outlet whenever I can at this outlet mall in Ohio that has truck parking. Last time I bought 2 pairs of jeans there that are ah-MAZE-ing and make my butt look fabulous. I also grabbed two tees that......yadda yadda.....)

lol, see what I mean?

I have to avoid tat and piercing parlors too. I promised my daughter an ear piercing for an industrial for her middle school graduation.

We had to bring in our IDs, her birth certificate and my court name change documents. We filled out the forms and waited in line.

She had asked me about when she could have a nose and belly piercing. I stated age twenty one. We finally had our turn to the dismay that her ear is shaped wrong to support that. She has waited months and I just couldn't disappoint her. Sorry no way on a nose ring!

I asked if he would give a special price for two nose jewel posts. At the price given... Guess who is writing this with her old nose Jeweled. Well hey! We match mother daughter. It's an Aurora Borealis stone that changes color in the lights.

Oh just put me on a stick and call me sucker! Hug. JodyAnn

Yes, but... suckers are SWEET!

Yes, but... suckers are SWEET!

Thanks Kiddo! I needed that compliment today. Hug. JodyAnn

PS- some days I'm cherry, other days blueberry, sometimes root beer, but always Dum Dum just like Spangler Candies intended! LOL... I used to kiss Mary Jane on the steps of the Bryan Ohio courthouse in the square. We would all share our Dum Dums while we got dumb dumb. I'm a reformed woman. Lord that was thirty four years ago, I'm still addicted to Spangler's though. JA

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I generally try to avoid sales.. because the whole idea that you're saving money!!! Feels kind of disingenuous... Because to take part in a sale, it means going out and spending money that I otherwise probably wouldn't have spent.. Which means I'm not saving anything.. To save money I would not be spending any at all.. So when I see advertisement for sales saying "Save X dollars!" I roll my eyes just a little lol.

Technically, yes, you are totally correct on this.

Buuuuuut, if it weren't for the sale, you would have spent _more_ money. I needed to buy clothes anyway, this sale just helped double my wardrobe for the amount I was going to be spending anyway. Because I really just intended to buy 3 things and that was it, but with the sale they had I was able to receive 6 things for the price I was going to pay anyway for 3. Okay, so one extra tank top was an impulse buy but I received 2 for the price of 1!

It's kind of like those sneaky ways stores try to get you to save more money, like "Save $20 on a $60 purchase" (but what if I'm not spending that much?)

Or my favorite, when I walk up to the register with one candy bar (I crave chocolate sometimes). "These are 2/$3. You know it's cheaper when you buy 2". Actually, no, it's cheaper _per item_ if I were to buy two, but $1.67 is still less than $3.