• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Raya

Today I want to live- new to me

Guest Raya

I had a revelation the other day- I am actually looking forward to living, instead of just plodding along, trudging the road of destiny. Didn't know where to post, so I wrote this. Enjoy.

Yesterday

I had a thought

That took my breath away

I thought I want to live a while

I'm puzzled and amazed

Today I want to live a while

Why is this new to me?

The man I was, ok with death

Was tired, worn and wild

The gal within, the vision seen,

Is pushing me to be

Around a while, and whole, complete

And then we'll get to see

Tomorrow

Charlize

Thank you for sharing your poem.

I must admit that living as myself has made my life at 67 better than it has ever been.

Hugs,

Charlize

Cyndee

Life is for living

Be free, be you, be happy

C -

Guest Charlotte J.

Love this. :)

Guest Raya

Thank you for reading. ;)

It seems I need feedback to know if I'm just being "off" again. I get that sometimes. Now I'm not too scared to put it out there for others to see. You all are such a blessing to be around.

selth

Jaded, Worn, Tired, Let Down
Tomorrow will be another chore
Why can't I be happy, like I was before?
Cycling home from school, imagining myself in a gown?

Success, Triumph, Perseverance, Strong
Finishing last week was a chore
They should be part of me, why are they a bore?
I'm looking for something, what makes it all feel wrong?

Happiness, Acceptance, Pleasure, Thrill
For ages they felt like another chore
I've been reaching out to them, where's my core?
Now we're running to find them all, maybe without a kill?

---

You're not off, you are spot on. It describes exactly where I was a month ago.

My attempt at poetry is what bubbled to the surface after reading your work, it struck a chord :D

Guest Raya

Thank you, selth, and welcome to

the playground, where it's true

we hope to see you here more

and read more words from you

I'd take the time to add some rhyme

but no, it would not do

the mods would sue, and I would too

To read this verse of goo

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 108 Guests (See full list)

• ShawnaLeigh
    • Willa
    • Charlize
    • SaraAW
    • figuringitout
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Christian S
    Newest Member
    Christian S

1. Harriet1958
      Harriet1958
      (61 years old)
    2. SandraBear
      SandraBear
    • SaraAW
      Congratulations Michelle! *hugs*
    • SaraAW
      Possibly going out shopping with a colleague and friend from work. It is a yearly tradition where we go out shopping for our wives and family, usually grabbing some dinner too. This is male mode shopping as I am still not out. Not sure I’m going to socially transition anytime soon in an effort to save my marriage.    I look forward to this as he’s a good friend and he works remotely, so we don’t get together often.    Got a chill today, hoping my tea warms me up.    Have a great day everyone. *hugs*
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I think it is wise to plan for a future with and without your marriage.  Planning does not mean doing.  Just making sure you will be taken care of if anything happens. I agree with Jani, try to find a common ground.  Right now it seems impossible.  But given time everybody will absorb what's going on and think about it better once the hurt and pain and shock of it all fades.  As has been said before, we have had a lot of time to process this issue.  The consider things.  Our wives have not and it will take them time too.  I'm not saying she will make a 100% turn around but surely she cares enough about the family to at least talk about it and try to make things better. I find this is happening in my marriage.  Though it is still on a course of the big D like you say, it is more a transformation of itself into something that will keep us together, in part, just not legally married after a certain point.  I too am trying to prepare for a future with out her.   But the stress of it all is fading each day and we seem to be doing good for now.  Day by day is all we can do.
    • TammyAnne
      Dentist and Therapy today. So it's going to be less fun: no drawing but maybe a little guitar playing later. Time to make coffee and get started. Snowy weather predicted for the day too. I am not so warm and fuzzy about driving in that. Cheers and a big hug for all. TA
    • shelly_koleva83
      Sorry,   I know that I become too obsesive and that I am kind of overemoitonal and a bit too honest even when my opinion is consisted of pure naivity/stupidty.   I will share with you my struggled, poor, Enlgish writngs on Medium, my profile.   You know: If we going to fail, let's do it on a bigger stage! LOL   https://medium.com/@michellekoleva
    • tracy_j
      At this point in the year, near Christmas, I get bouncy to the extreme - so up and down, one time major depression then a bit later happy again. It started me, just after Christmas last year,  going out for walks several days a week as these seemed to cure my depression and do keep me fitter (and busier as I usually do over ten and occasionally toward twenty miles a week out in the countryside). It was bad at the end of last week but I am Ok at the moment, looking forward to my daily pot of coffee. I think the dreary weather has a lot to do with it.   Enjoy your day everyone!   Tracy
    • tracy_j
      A bit like the blackboard chalk the teacher used to throw across the room?   It wasn't my first but I still have a Vic-20. I bought it cheap when a shop was clearing stock to use for interfacing. It's some while since I powered it up though.   More seriously though  Aidan - As Charlize said, hang in there, it does get better with time. Keeping yourself busy, as you have to, at least keeps you occupied. Plan to what you can do when the time comes as it sounds like to may have little help from home.   Tracy
    • shelly_koleva83
      Thank you all!   If it becomes unbearable it's sure that I might not continue reading it. As I said for now the forewords from Ruth Barrett and Germaine Greer (we know who the second one is for sure) are the transphobic part, but I am at the beigining.    So I prepared the antidotes, as well: Julia Serano's classic "Whipping Girl" and my own counter-points review at Medium.     Hugs!      
    • Michelle F
      Cool... we're nearly neighbors!
    • VickySGV
      Just a few miles away from me.  I know several of his patients and they are happy with their results.
    • Alice K
      Woohoo! Congratulations!
    • Michelle F
      What a Christmas present!!!   At 11:30am Dec 26, 2019 I go Dr Sinclair at his Whittier, Ca office for vaginaplasty evaluation!   I am psyched!
    • Kitty
      When i put on guys clothes im sorta like another version of myself thats always been there but i rarley act like. when i wear guys clothes im more confident, i feel tough and there even is a kid who is scared of me cuz i tell him not to mess with me.
    • Damien Mcknight
      If they’re saying that, then they obviously don’t actually support you. Also, if you’re not an adult yet (I have no idea) they don’t want you to jump ahead too early. But that’s no excuse for them to say stuff like that.
    • Christian S
      I have told my family that I am transitioning, but when I told some of them that I also plan to get my name and gender legally changed they told me not to do it because I am female no matter what I identify as.   What do I do about this? This has seriously hurt me even though they said they support my choices but at the same time they don't.
  • Upcoming Events