• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Klinefelter's Syndrome

Guest ericc

Guest ericc

I'll be getting my check up next week but I think I have Klinefelter's Syndrome.

My Pecs are like Breasts,

My buttocks are more female like than male,

And I do have hips.

etc,

And I'm Bio-male

I just want to know more about it.

It's not deadly, is it? That's what I'm afriad of.

Guest Little Sara

XXY syndrome is not deadly no. It's characterized often by smaller testes than produce less than normal amounts of testosterone.

Guest ericc
XXY syndrome is not deadly no. It's characterized often by smaller testes than produce less than normal amounts of testosterone.

Oh okay. Thanks.

Guest mia 1
I'll be getting my check up next week but I think I have Klinefelter's Syndrome.

My Pecs are like Breasts,

My buttocks are more female like than male,

And I do have hips.

etc,

And I'm Bio-male

I just want to know more about it.

It's not deadly, is it? That's what I'm afraid of.

No No ericc not at all deadly please google Klinefelter's syndrome and relax my good friend.......you'll be much relieved.....Hugs to you and don't worry anymore.......Mia

Here is the URL for your interest http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klinefelter's_syndrome

• 1 year later...
Guest martina

hi iam born a boy but look like girl and begin to feel my self more and more a girl and some times i wiss y was a real girl

Guest Elizabeth K

Original posts are over a year old. This new reply will unlikely get a response from those originally discussing the TOPIC.

Just for your information.

Lizzy

Guest Donna Jean
Original posts are over a year old. This new reply will unlikely get a response from those originaslly discussing the TOPIC.

Just for your information.

Lizzy

Doubt a response is coming, on the other hand, I went to the link and learned a bunch.....

I never really understood this problem...the link made it all the more clear...

Donna Jean

Guest Janessa

Kind of off topic, but how can I test if I have XXY chromosomes?

Been wondering if I have any for a while, because I have a perfectly working testes and body hair. However, my hips are wider than my stomach, I have really low muscle mass, and my breasts protrude a bit. Not sure if this could mean XXY, or if the hips being wider than my stomach and protruding breasts are just because I am a 115 pound 18 year old. XD

• 6 months later...
Guest erinanita

Only a karyotype will tell you for sure if you are 47 xxy. However the classic sign of Klinefelter's is a pair of testicles that are smaller and harder than normal ones.

There are many good reasons to know whether or not you are 47xxy. When you go through life and your body doesn't produce any hormones, you could find that later in life you are affected by hormone deficiency disorders that might have been avoided with hrt.

Love,

Thtufus

• 9 months later...

I am pretty happy about not getting any treatment at any point. I always did my best to be as masculine as possible so I never seemed to lack testosterone, at least not in attitude. I did have some learning adversities at first, but self-discipline and learning by myself made me actually come out on top. I really wish society didn't see us a such a problem. I mean wikipedia says 58% of pregnancies diagnosed with xxy get aborted. That is pretty sad.

• 1 year later...
Guest Rebecca65

I know these post's are old, but this is from my own experience, I was diagnosed in 1977 being Sterile. MD offered to give me Male Hormone injections, but he said they were very risky for Cancer. I did not go for the injections. I did not ask the Dr. any questions of my sterility, also my Penis was small and I had 1- Testicle. Also had Gynomasestia, wide hips and low muscle mass. I was always very self conscious of myself. I also felt very Feminine. I tried to be male and it was expected. Well a few years back, I was feeling Depressed, and tired all of the time. I had anemia,and MD could not explain it,I went to another MD [ Endo. } last year and had a series of Blood Tests. I found out that I was 47 xxy , I am on male hormones to maintain Heart & Bone Health, that is the real Danger. I under stand, that little was known about KS 45 years ago, plus my own denial of trying to find out my problems when I was younger. I hope this info.helps.

Guest Jenn348

We're all individual humans. Human sexuality is on a spectrum, and I've heard that 1-2% or more don't physically fit the gender binary at all with even more people who don't fit well.

Klinefelter's/XXY isn't the only thing that can cause odd secondary sex characteristics. There are other genetic conditions, mosaicism, hypogonadism, hypogonaditic hypogonadism, Kallmann Syndrome (with varying degrees of anosmia), partial androgen insensitivity--the list goes on and on and on.

I'm convinced that many transsexual people have some sort of intersex condition that hasn't been fully explored yet.

• 4 months later...
Guest erinanita

We're all individual humans. Human sexuality is on a spectrum, and I've heard that 1-2% or more don't physically fit the gender binary at all with even more people who don't fit well.

Klinefelter's/XXY isn't the only thing that can cause odd secondary sex characteristics. There are other genetic conditions, mosaicism, hypogonadism, hypogonaditic hypogonadism, Kallmann Syndrome (with varying degrees of anosmia), partial androgen insensitivity--the list goes on and on and on.

I'm convinced that many transsexual people have some sort of intersex condition that hasn't been fully explored yet.

Hi Jenn,

You are right that there are many intersex conditions that can cause a myriad of variable conditions. I understand that Klinefelters might well be the most prevalent and some with Klinefelters a.k.a. xxy have a combination of other conditions that you have listed.

A great deal of people who describe themselves as transsexuals are indeed intersex. It is not beneficial to describe yourself as intersex if you plan to transition to the other gender.

Erin

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Allyda

Hi, i'm one of those with Klinefelters and several othe intersex conditions. I have a small penis, only one small testicle that hrt has made invisible, and one malformed non functioning ovary. I also have a female pelvis and female bone structure, and I've always known I was a girl despite at my adopted fathers insistence with much resistance from me, my being raised as a boy. I'm currently 8 months into my hrt for full feminization and began transition upon going full tiume as a woman 5 years ago. I have no trouble passing. In fact, I pass without thinking about it. Growing up like this was pure hell. But I thank God every day for my conditions as they helped me keep my youthful looks and femininity until I was finally able to find an Endo with trans experience to get my hrt started.

Ally