• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Jenner factor - a lightning rod for hate

• Forum Moderator

Reading her recent blog, I really hope Caitlyn can do some good with her massive media access, and we need all the help we can get.

There was always haters, and bigots, now they have a very visible target, recent events seem to have increased the sensitivity of their hate radar, and has emboldened them. The cultural war has intensified by my subjective measure, certainly this year.

Do be careful out there, ok ?

• Admin

Jenner is the equivalent of a large old barn that folks like to shoot at, to say they "can hit the side of a barn". I am a harder target to hit since I am barely the size of one small abandoned out house two counties away. (San Bernardino and Riverside Counties -- CA to be exact). I am glad she will be an easy target that others will try for. We will see if she can be a barn that shoots back though. Those can be quite a shock to people.

I intend to be careful none the less.

Guest Sarah Faith

I think you are right.. With many of the lgb issues resolved now.. And jenners fame we will be in the cross hairs of some pretty cruel people. I look forward to the day when we can all just be and live in peace regardless of passability and such.

• Forum Moderator

It could be that all of us smaller targets running around and doing our little part will help as much. I am amazed by my helper on the farm(not the brightest bulb). We have talked about my changes for years now but somehow the TV is something he can understand. Maybe it is all he concentrates on? Jenner is helping as a big barn.

Hugs,

Charlize

• 10 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

What did I say almost a year ago ?

How much has our world changed since then ?

http://qz.com/694080/nigerians-hate-caitlyn-jenners-transgender-reality-show-so-much-they-got-it-banned-throughout-africa/

I sometimes ponder the ripple effect over time of someone famous like a Caitlyn Jenner coming out, when she did, of course I am happy she addressed her long standing gender issues, we all should be true to ourselves no question.

However that's old news now.....

What can we all do in the here and now as individuals to change the future ?

Just food for thought this morning with coffee

C -

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Jenny Boylan and Cait Jenner both said there is no truth to the rumor. It was started by a man who was publishing an unauthorized biography of Caityn Jenner. He hoped it would get him publicity- which it did.

Johnny

• Admin

Jenny Boylan and Cait Jenner both said there is no truth to the rumor. It was started by a man who was publishing an unauthorized biography of Caityn Jenner. He hoped it would get him publicity- which it did.

Johnny

I met two other people in the crowd that Jenner hangs out with last night at the West Hollywood Pride Fest who are friends of mine also, and she is going strong as Trans* per their conversations. (Had a good time last night!)