• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fostersworld

Arkansas help!

Fostersworld

Hello, I live in bentonille arkansas and I'm looking for guys or girls in my area to start HRT I'm having a hard time finding a doctor...if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated

VickySGV

Hi, and welcome to the Playground Forums. We cannot do much here about meeting other people in your area here because of the Terms an Conditions we have, but we may be able to help you out on locating medical help. You do not say that you have a Gender Therapist, which would be the first step on the road to transition, but a GT will have connection and knowledge of the M.D.'s in your area to prescribe hormones. Please do read the Terms & Conditions for membership and posting which you can access from the lowest right hand corner of any Forum page. I also suggest that you make a post in the Introductions Forum so that more of us can get to know you.

A quick check on Bentonville LGBT brought up this resource that may be helpful --http://www.rainbowlaw.org/html/directoryAR.htm

I get a lot of hits from Bentonville Ak LGBT, it is not too backward an area.

Guest Raya

Oh, Hi and welcome also!

Fostersworld

I already have a gender thereapist who is ready to send a letter when I find the right doctor. Bentonville is almost 4 hours from the little rock area. There is nothing close in this area. I had to go to another state for a gender therapist if that says anything about my area.

JJ

H

I live in the mountains about 45 miles from Hot Springs. Finding a Dr to treat me has been a nightmare until recently. It took 4 years to finally find one who is actually Trans friendly.

There is now a Dr in Ft Smith who is very dedicated to her transgender patients. She says she is not an expert but I have found her to be more knowledgeable than anyone I have come across as well as respecting her patients.

You will need 5 posts before you can message but as soon as you can message me and I will give you her name and contact information. UAMS also in Little Rock also recently announced that they would be treating Trans patients but I have no experience with them and can not imagine anyone more caring and committed than the Dr I'm seeing now.

Glad to have you here. Arkansas can be a challenging place to be Trans. While there are LGBT resources listed for Arkansas my experience has been that they are not Trans friendly. On a national list of LGBT friendly Dr's there were only 2 listed mine and one at UMAS and both of those are relatively recent.

The one drawback with my Dr is that it takes a few weeks to get in. The first visit is long and detailed and is about drawing up a treatment plan Then labs and another visit to get results and HRT. She is not an endo but the one in the state who does say they treat Trans has a history of putting off Trans patients for years and I have never heard of anyone ever actually ending up on HRT from them. I know of how thorough and careful my Dr is an trust her implicitly.

Fostersworld

Thank you for all who have posted I'm still trying.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 157 Guests (See full list)

• Jocelyn
    • Mx.Drago
    • A. Dillon
    • VickySGV
    • Emily michelle
    • KathrynnCox
    • Jackie C.
    • EmilyM98
    • ShawnaLeigh
    • MaryEllen
    • Rayne.Nevermore
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Rayne.Nevermore
    Newest Member
    Rayne.Nevermore

No users celebrating today
    • A. Dillon
      I personally use a men's compression shirt when I am not binding, it flattens your chest enough to pass while wearing a hoodie and also smooths out your curves very well. You can wear it all day, it can get a little uncomfortable around your hips sometimes but not enough for it to be a problem. Another benefit is that it is machine washable, it stretches out a bit over time so washing it will constrict it again. I have yet to find any alternative better than it, especially if you have a smaller chest, not a con in sight. The purpose is to give men and more masculine shape, exactly what we are trying to do. 
    • VickySGV
      I had the full GCS vaginaplasty but what my friends who have done bi-lateral Orchi's say is that it is more soreness for a few days than serious pain.  I can completely understand your worry about the lump there, cancer can drive you out of your mind nearly.  I had a suspicious growth in my right breast three months after my bottom surgery.  I had to have a needle biopsy and the procedure was not much but the four days between the biopsy and results drove me up a wall and across the ceiling.   I am still on Spiro, but for its original purpose of reducing body water for blood pressure.  Good luck and hope for the best.
    • ShawnaLeigh
      So the long awaited surgery to remove a lump on my left testicle is tomorrow at 1015am est.   I am getting a bi-lateral orchidectomy at the same time.   I admit to being afraid of many thing concerning this. As of now we do not know what this lump is. I’m hoping not malignant obviously but very likely with how it has reacted snd grown in such a short time.  I’m looking forward to completing the Orchidectomy and getting off Spiro.   I’m not looking forward to the pain but in the end it will be worth it.  Please wish me lunch guys and girls!  
    • Susan R
      I agree with @VickySGV on this. I thought your post was brilliant and in this sentence...”It sounds to me like you are a trauma survivor.” there is nothing you said in that statement that was offensive. Most of us know exactly what you meant. Thank you @Just Lee for taking your time to help out here. It’s really nice to have people with your kindness adding to our conversations. Thank you for joining in. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts..   My Best, Susan R🌷
    • KathrynnCox
      Thank you! That’s a story that I hope will follow for me but I highly doubt it. One of the first acts I did when we decided to move in together was to toss all my stuff in front of her. Now I get the threat of leaving me and destroying my life if I come out about this.    She terrified I’ll completely transition, at this point I just want the OK to dress up if they are out of the house on errands or something. Like when no one is home. But can’t even propose that....
    • Suzanne1
      Where I reside, no one has seen fit to enact mask executive orders, let alone legislation.  It has always been my understanding that any thing less than a N-95 mask (of a particular "flavor"; there are many types of N-95 masks) will not do much to prevent one from contracting the doomsday-cold.  It is my understanding that a non-medical grade mask will help prevent to spread of any virus from one who is already infected, but will do little else---other than hiding one's identity.   Of course, the above paragraph is only my understanding, and I cannot claim any current knowledge re: virology.  I'm sure all our citizens will adhere to the laws, legislatures, or governors of their land & will follow their instructions/orders obediently.
    • King Arthur
      Okay, so we all know how dangerous binding can be even if you’re doing it “safely”, but are there any ways to compress your chest that are safer? It doesn’t need to be entirely flat, but flat enough so that it’s not noticeable if you’re wearing a baggy hoodie or some -crap-.
    • VickySGV
      I do not see and source of offense in your earlier post.  Trauma is just a general word applied to something that causes injury or pain.  Lets leave it in the pot because it is all part of the same dysfunctional parenting that produces all the other descriptions.
    • Mx.Drago
      "I Want You"- Savage Garden  
    • Suzanne1
      Well, some Baptists called me a heathen when I was growing up, but I never claimed anything but that of a non-practicing Roman Catholic.🤔
    • Just Lee
      I never meant to give offense. Some of us have suffered abuse, neglect, and/or trauma. Some of us have anxiety, depression, PTSD and night terrors. I did want to bring together the concept that what each of us here has suffered brought us here to become survivors. If I upset anyone with my word choice, that was not my intention. While I'm fully capable of using proper terminology from the current DSM in comprehension of behavioral modification, I chose laymen's terms. 
    • NB Adult
      Suppose I could have worded it more delicately than "self pity" but picking a teammate's brains off your face is indeed very traumatic along with many other similar horrific events but eventually I chose to move on rather than to continue to relive it and yes, it is a choice.
    • Emily michelle
      Hi and welcome Katie.  I’m about the same age as you I recently came out to my wife and started hrt. My wife told me twice before that if I was transgender she would leave me. After a while I finally had a break down and she found out after that she has been supportive and said it explains a lot about me now. Your wife said she is a trans ally then maybe after it sinks in she may come around. Hiding it will just make it worse trust me I wish I had the strength to admit years ago.
    • Suzanne1
      Certainly, that would be nice.  I think though, that for most of us such is something which is easier said than done.  An allusion was made to "trauma survivor" in an earlier post in this thread; if we can equate the terms "trauma" & "abuse", I'm not certain that secondary gains derived from self-pity are usually sufficient to sustain the cognitive-behavioral consequences of emotional-/physical-abuse.🤔   Again, just my 2-cents worth, and that doesn't buy much quality these days.
    • Kaltia_Atlas
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6492192/ This article talks about the trials being done in Sweden. They have completed over 42 successful transplants and of those, 12 resulted in live births to date. There has been 5 successful transplants done in the US and 1 has resulted in a live birth, while several others are waiting for IVF.    The science and technology is there. It is entirely possible to do UTx for women who are born unable to give birth. Not all trials include immunosuppressive drugs. Which is why I bring into question the possibility of using gene therapy for an MtF transgender woman. Since our gene Foxl2 is not active, would activating this gene allow for the UTx to be more successful? would it allow for the neovagina to grow and produce the needed Ph balance in the vaginal canal?    With all of that said, how many trans women would line up for the chance to be able to give birth? I know when i start talking to my endo, i will see if she knows of any trials or any research being done in this field, and if not, then maybe reaching out to groups to see if they would be willing to start trials, or to include a trans woman in a current trial. 
  • Upcoming Events