• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Swimsuits

Guest Sable Dove

Swimsuits  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to wear to the beach/pool this summer?

• One-piece
    • Board Shorts
    • Bikini
    • Shortshorts
    • Monokini
    • Thong
    • Other (please post what)

Guest Sable Dove

With late-Spring/Summer approaching, I've been thinking about swimsuits, and I want to try something new this year. Because I'm male-bodied, and my legs were (until recently) very hairy, I was pretty much stuck with board-short style trunks. Now that I've been working on de-hairing my body, I really want to try a one-piece with shorts that end around mid-thigh. I can't really wear a bikini, as it wouldn't quite look right (no boobs, you see).

So, what do you wear when you go swimming? One-piece? Bikini? Board-shorts? What?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Cyndee

• MackenzieB

I'm planning on a one piece with a skirt - they help ladies my age to not look like the are trying to recapture their youth! :rolleyes:

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Sable Dove

Recapture your youth?! Why, you're still very much in your youth, young lady. ;3

But regardless, skirted one pieces are cute. I approve. <3

Thank you, especially for the part about my youth! :blush:

The other option would be to wear a one piece with a higher neck like a tank top with the leg openings in a 'boy' cut - those are cute and hide the areas that we need to hide!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Sable Dove

You're more than welcome.

While I agree that boy-cut one pieces are good, I's actually rather have an extra layer to help hide the fact that I've got narrow hips. If not shorts, then a skirt wouldn't be bad at all.

Guest Pól_Eire

I voted board shorts. But that's only if I get dragged to the pool or the beach, which I generally avoid like the plague because I hate water. I can swim fine, but the whole floating in water and being surrounded by it kind of freaks me out. I dunno if you were looking for answers from FTMs though.

-Pól

Guest Sable Dove

Everyone's welcome to answer here, of course.

I personally like water when it's warm, but I have circulation issues, I think; I can't even keep from shivering in lukewarm water, let alone cold water.

Guest Elizabeth K

Ummm - I hide!

Too busty for a guy, not enough for a girl - or at least last year.

I wear shorts and a heavy teeshirt in the pool - refuse to cook in the sun anymore.

Maybe in another year?

Lizzy

Guest Leigh

oh...gee..i don't know. i'm just starting to try and dress male...i was thinking of getting some boardshorts...but i'd have to wear a binder and t-shirt with that..so....

maybe i'll stick to one piece with shorts for another year....

oh well, i tan by myself anyway, so no one can see the tumors on my chest...

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

this chubby lady only wears a one-piece.

and I found one with a little skirt on the bottom to cover up that area (score!)

Guest Little Sara
Recapture your youth?! Why, you're still very much in your youth, young lady. ;3

But regardless, skirted one pieces are cute. I approve. <3

That's what I'd wear too. A skirted one piece swimsuit. I haven't been swimming in 5 years now.

Guest mia 1

"Surfer shorts and a "T' shirt...look good but that may be in my eyes...no need to push it and the days of 6 pack abs and rippling pecs and deltoids are gone.............Mia

For lap swimming, I wear jammers, a binder, and a sleeveless compression shirt. When I swim for fun, though, I usually wear trunks/board shorts, a binder, and either a t-shirt or a compression shirt. I'm rather looking forward to swimming in the lake this summer. :)

Guest Zack L

I went out and bought swim trunks the other day. =3 Didn't get to use them, but now I can wear them, a binder, and black shirt and actually SWIM again! I haven't enjoyed swimming since I hit puberty...My Mom used to joke that I was a dolphin before that. =P

Guest Elizabeth K

Changed my mind on this TOPIC

SWIM NAKED!

hee hee

In a closed pool, in the dark, at night, no full moon - only me and my 61 year ole naked androgynous body!

I wear board shorts. but something more neutral would probably be nicer, maybe like a one piece with shorts? or maybe just a skirt (topless) :P but I'd probably look so weird

Guest Nelly

Hi,

I just found the poll and want to take part of it. I like one piece swimsuits most. In Germany is a group of real men who wear one piece swimsuit in public. Sometimes it is accepted, sometimes not. So for all MTF who look still like a man, I think it is possible to wear it public if it is not a super female swimsuit with high cutted legs and strange colors. What I like are the swimsuits for sport with the race neck. They are very tight and helps tucking. Okay I never try this outside of my home.

What you can also try to use is a triathlon swimsuit. Both male and female version looks nearly the same. They are with a close bag and with short legs. If it is one also for cycling, than it has a soft pad inside and it is perfect for tucking.

My dream is to go out one day in a tiny bikini.

Greetings

Nelly

Guest Ryles_D

Swim trunks and a binder. When my hair's wet I pass better so I get weird looks about the binder, since it looks like I'm wearing trunks over a one-piece, but I don't want to wear a shirt while swimming.

Guest AniStacy

Soo many choices... i two years time (SRS) I'll probably wear a bikini.

For now... a one piece and either very tight panties a or a wrap-around :)

I love bikinis tho...

Maybe one like borat's??? ^^

nah, you have to be hairy for that.

Hmmm :D

Well anyway, we're heading into winter here soooo. I'm doing boot, trenchcoat, long skirt, jersey, scarve and pj/slipper shopping with mommy :D

Omw and we gna watch confessions of a shopaholic.

Suppose we could reccord ourselves for that :) maybe like a South African version???

Yay!!!! can't w8 to curl up with a nice book when its cold outside <3

Wooop!!!! had enough summer for the year!

Time to party with the boots with the fur...

apple bottom jeans too? :/

Gna get low low low low low!

Lvyall! Stacy <3

Guest Neuro

Unfortunately, I do not like to swim much because of my body. However, I convinced my mother to buy two versions of bathing suit (as I am still under cover XD;; ) A girls one, is a one piece. (I do not plan to wear.)

But being a guy, I opted for board shorts and possibly a tank top with something to keep chest down on top. I am only an A-CUP in those female sizes, so it is awkward; but a little believable when compressed. (I have very wide hips though, despair! Board shorts cover that so much better than speedoes or anything else.)

Someday, I will not need a shirt while swimming! *glimmer of hope shines*

For MtF though, a lot of friends on my art site have said one-pieces or tankini (tank top bikini things?) with the skirt-bottom is a safe bet.

Of course these days, a lot of people swim in shorts and a t-shirt! Hurray for farmers tans!! XD