• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Swimsuits

Guest Sable Dove

Swimsuits  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to wear to the beach/pool this summer?

• One-piece
    • Board Shorts
    • Bikini
    • Shortshorts
    • Monokini
    • Thong
    • Other (please post what)

Guest julie-ann

[s

I wear a one-piece which has some support Triumph make such a costume. However I allways wear a gaff underneath to give a flat abdominal profile.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Cyndee

• MackenzieB

Guest AuroraStarr

I've pulled off a bikini before... but it was in a club dress with open sides at a foam party lol. I've never actually gone swimming in a girls suit, and it might be a bit since I'm still stealth/closeted as of the moment. However, I definitely like cute one-piece suits too!

• Forum Moderator

With late-Spring/Summer approaching, I've been thinking about swimsuits, and I want to try something new this year. Because I'm male-bodied, and my legs were (until recently) very hairy, I was pretty much stuck with board-short style trunks. Now that I've been working on de-hairing my body, I really want to try a one-piece with shorts that end around mid-thigh. I can't really wear a bikini, as it wouldn't quite look right (no boobs, you see).

So, what do you wear when you go swimming? One-piece? Bikini? Board-shorts? What?

Floral print one piece, it's just so cool feeling the water rush by, as you dive in....

I can't WAIT to go bikini shopping now that I'm post op! Finally, I can go swimming and not need to spend 20 minutes prepping and half a $15 roll of industrial weatherproof duct tape. And should I need to use the restroom while I'm there, I don't have to pack up and go home to do it.

I want to get a brand new quality bikini for my first tape-free excursion!

Guest Samurai_Kid

Swimsuits..

I haven't gone to the beach or pool in a while honestly, several years in fact.

I always wore one pieces, and I plan on wearing them in the future. I don't like bikinis; Too feminine and they show off my body.

Male bathers is the only time that I go out without my bra on, I still have not the courage to purchase a ladies bathers, and would probable have difficulty in getting ones to fit.

Patricia. :unsure: :unsure:

• 2 months later...

I purchased one right after I got to New Orleans but never got to wear it so next Summer it is into the pool in my one piece navy blue swim dress.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Cynthia Of Creation

for some reason I just love one pieces! besides i like to swim and be very active in the water so a bikini might not be best for me , heck even swim trunks i have a hard time keeping on me let a lone a teeny weeny yellow purple pokedot bikini that i wore fore the first time today!

Guest TigerFoxMatt

I typically swim in a loose t-shirt and shorts, though when I'm forced to wear female bathing suits I'll wear a one-piece, since those don't draw quite as much attention to my chest as two-pieces do.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Chloe Renee

Well my current "boy suit" is a square legged speedo. I used to wear a regular old speedo when I swam in high school and board shorts when I was a lifeguard. As I move towards transitioning, I am thinking about buying a short sleeved rash guard. This will allow a presentation of either gender and will help protect my skin while out in the sun.

• 10 months later...
Guest Dani65

HI there my name is Dani,, I am mtf. I would like to go swimming someday and need some advice on smoothing out the crotch area to a near perfect feminine crotch ... any suggestion and I seen some of the early posts one says try a triathalon swimsuit and I have severy bikinis and one piece tried everything from gaffs and skirted but I want to go with whats in style .. Thanks I will waiting for a response

I would rather wear a swimsuit that is more like a t-shirt and some shorts. I don't want to just go swimming in my current shorts and shirts, as that would proabbly ruin them, but I think wetsuits look pretty cool. I'd never want to wear the current, trendy bathing suits like bikinis or board shorts.

Then again, I also can't swim.

Guest Marie N

i would love to be able to wear a bikini to the beach this summer i have seen some that look amazing, but as I haven't even started to transition yet it would be impossible.

Well not impossible but it would look really strange. I will probably be wearing board shorts this year, hopefully this will change in a few years.

Love <3

Marie ^^

• 2 months later...
Guest nurseling

A one-piece for me. The only way to make those lovely "love handles" disappear.

It's almost time to go swimming, the lake is a toasty 37 degrees, and no ice. B)

nurseling

Guest Julie pg

I would totally love to go to the beach in a one peice suit maybe a skirt maybe not I'd have to try them . I think that beach is in my head wear its sunny and warm.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ShaunaMichelle

I voted "other". I bought my first swimsuit last week with the help of my best girl friend (and the help of an iPhone to take and text pictures from the dressing room). I ended up getting a tankini with a skirt bottom and I LOVE it! It actually shows off what little boobs I have grown so far and makes my butt and legs look great! I actually laid out in it today ;-)

Guest Nikki7

i voted monokini. im blessed with one of those bodies that easily converts MTF and back without hormones, so with a little makeup, nobody would ever guess. but i spent years working outdoors, so my musculature is very dense, but not large. i sink to the bottom and stay there, so i avoid the water laike the plague.

Guest lairlane

So, it's almost summer 2012. Naked swim was just the thing on the French Riviera and Calif beaches back in the '70's. Ahhhh memories. It would be interesting to see how the other transgrannies feel this year... it has been awhile since you posted on this topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I only wear one-peices... Showing off my body is not my style haha I honestly don't think anyone needs to know what my body looks like, except maybe my "future spouse"... :)

Guest KarenLyn

Changed my mind on this TOPIC

SWIM NAKED!

hee hee

In a closed pool, in the dark, at night, no full moon - only me and my 61 year ole naked androgynous body!

LOL - Haven't done that since the 70's in San Diego. :)