• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

MarcieMarie12

The Marcie Chronicles

MarcieMarie12

Well, my "job search" turned into a why don't you start your own business search. I've been looking at starting my own business and doing research and talking to prospective partners. It is a lot of work!!! The group I am working with asked for permission to do a background check, so I had to out myself because of the name change. We will see what happens.....I do have a back up plan after this.

I am in the process of taking some classes at the moment and no one has any idea that I am trans. Yeah semi stealth mode!! That being said, me and the other 3 girls in the class of 9 went outside to a picnic table and talked during lunch. The 5 guys all went their separate ways, guys are weird......

I did run into trouble being semi-stealth. The subject of my name change came up after my divorce. They just assumed I talking about leaving my husband. (cis hetero normative people just assume everyone else is cis hetero normative I guess). I went along with it, I was not in the mood to explain to them that I was trans.  Felt great to be validated, but on the other hand I did not like the white lie.

I am at month 9 since my surgery, I am 97% healed. I still try to dilate twice a day, though for the second time I try to use something a little more fun. :) I do sometimes get some minor bleeding, but not often (1 a week, and usually when I don't get the second dilation in). 

Rabbit

Wow!  I looked back on some of those earlier pictures you posted.  Hard to believe we've all come so far in the last several years!  😀

MarcieMarie12

That it has!!! I know you have come pretty far as well!!

MarcieMarie12

It is my official 1 year since surgery, my big takeaway is that dilation is not fun....but I have one more appointment with Dr. Rumer tomorrow. I find it hard to believe sometimes how far I have come. Transitioning has been one of the more challenging things I have ever done, but was so worth it. Non trans issues are more pressing (like finding work--might be trans related though as I always wonder if they see my name do a quick search and see AKA-Dead Name). But life goes on, and really not much gets me down these days. 

Jani

Congratulations Marcie!  

8 minutes ago, MarcieMarie12 said:

I find it hard to believe sometimes how far I have come.

Me as well!  

9 minutes ago, MarcieMarie12 said:

Transitioning has been one of the more challenging things I have ever done, but was so worth it. Non trans issues are more pressing

I totally agree but we were up to the challenge!  Yeah!  You know you've arrived at normalcy when life is about living and not a constant stream of trans issues.    

Cheers, Jani

Cyndee

Congratulations Marcie on your milestone :)

Cyndi -

tracy_j

I like your updates Marcie. This thread was a good idea :)

Happy travels x

Tracy

MarcieMarie12
18 hours ago, tracy_j said:

I like your updates Marcie. This thread was a good idea :)

Happy travels x

Tracy

I'm glad and hope others find it valuable. I had a clean bill of health from the doctor!!! :)

MarcieMarie12

Well I have been working on my business, stressing about money and the lack of income for the past year and other non-trans issues since the last update. The real estate world is not for me (found that out within a week of working at a C21 office. I do not like canned conversations nor do I like cold calling.

So one the business front, I've moved on to looking at another franchise. This is a pest control franchise that is based in Chicago. I'll be buying into a territory in the DC area though. I plan to be open this spring!! I also am getting a van and equipment, very exciting. But of course I am hoping the business does get off the ground as quickly as I would like. I don't think they know I am trans, but a if they did any sort background check, it probably showed my dead name as an aka. All I know is that I have not mentioned it nor have they mentioned it. . 

Anyway, so beyond building my business empire I've been enjoying life with my girlfriend, meeting with my dad for lunch. Sadly not much interaction with my brothers and I found out why. But basically it involved my brothers claiming that they will put up with my presence so long as I don't bring my girlfriend....I declined to attend either as my girlfriend has no one else in the area. Here is the letter I wrote to them:. 

"

Dear XXX and XXX,

So last Saturday, I spoke with Dad I was informed that my girlfriend of 2 years is not welcome to join us for Thanksgiving and this would be the same for Christmas. Not because he did not wish it, but because some of the nephews have issues. Honestly, I don’t buy it,… and even if my nephews “had issues”,  I would hope that my brothers would be adults in dealing with their children, rather than just giving into their unreasonable, and dare I wonder if they are transphobic demands. All this indicates to me is that there is just bare tolerance for my presence.

I had truly hoped that after a few years  things would get better. Although I barely hear from either of you beyond birthday and Christmas cards, I wrote it off as you are still adjusting or just being too busy with your own lives. But at this point I am not sure we can have a relationship at all. And really, what is the point? Putting conditions for my appearance at family events takes no consideration into how it affects me or my feelings.

Am I to be treated by family as a pariah, some criminal on parole to have limits place on me just because I am LGBT? According to what I have experienced, that seems to be the case. Frankly, I can’t and won’t accept that. If I was not transgender would we be having this conversation about me bringing home my girlfriend? I highly doubt we would.

So, sorry and please don’t worry; I won’t be at Thanksgiving or Christmas this year.  You can have your holidays free from the inconvenience of me. 

It was sent before Thanksgiving, and beyond my Dad (who I CC'd on the e-mail, telling me that they read it, neither have responded.  I do wonder if it is wrong to not send Christmas or birthday cards to either brothers family anymore. I am fully frustrated with them at this point that I no longer care beyond it making me look bad.

Jani

I think the type of personality needed for RE sales is unique, for the reasons you state.  Good luck in your new venture!  I'm sure it will take off.  

I'm sorry you had to write that letter.  As to continuing sending cards, you don't say you're writing them off completely so sending pleasantries isn't a bad idea, especially as they send cards to you.  It will be telling if they don't continue.  I've always been a proponent of not doing things I don't enjoy so quietly pulling away sounds like a solid option, although how would your dad feel about this as it exposes a rift in the family?  

Jani  

MarcieMarie12

I think  my dad is trying to keep the peace. But what he fails to understand is how deeply this hurts. He said to try to see it from their point of view. However the only point of view I see that would warrant such a response is that either my brothers are transphobic, homophobic or one or more of my nephews are (which I highly doubt). Otherwise by this point, they would  have reached out to me in some fashion to talk about it. Instead it was just talking about the weather and happy birthday or merry Christmas. They never asked about the trans issues or discussed it with me.  . 

Cyndee

Wow this bites Marcie,

First, best of luck with your new business venture !

As for the family issues, sigh, do I dare generalize after reading this, that's it's a "man thing" in play, sorry.

From the male point of view, It's culturally difficult, especially when fathers are trying to "socialize" sons, the message is NO girlishness ever. How could the little ones see just how happy you are ?

Someday I hope all of this just fades away (long beyond my years).

Best

C -

MarcieMarie12

I just feel sorry for my dad. He saw his family disentegrate due to various events over the past few years. I had luch with him today, and he said that they never hear from me either. But that (and I didn't debate the point) is not true. I havecalled, I have stopped by a couple of times at my brothers house. In the end I told dad not to get involved as the messenger. If they want to say something, they should talk to me directly. But other than that the talk went well all things concerned. Though my mom is not doing all that well.

Jani

That was good that you cautioned your dad to not get involved in this sibling thing.  One way or another, it will work its way out.   Your mother is not doing well, I hope its not her health. 

Jani

tracy_j

Hi Marcie,

It's good to know that youa re progressing jobwise. I am not sure about pest control myself, although my judgement will probably be coloured by infestations, and from watching the Australian documentaries they show here with nasty things like Brown snakes, Funnel Webs and crocodiles 😄

I hope things work out in the end with your family. People tend to react in different ways and, although they always seem to have a big reaction, it is not always predictable. On my side my brother and sister were very distant for a while, although not heavily negative. I just carried on as usual and they steadily accepted things (it too my brother a couple of years even to mention my hair colour). On my partners side they just laughed openly. It was just as bad, but they did get over it. Just reactions. Family are family though so it is a good idea to keep in contact, send cards etc. Personally I would keep it low key though and just let life's events push yours into the background.

I too hope your parents are both Ok

Tracy