• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Marcie Chronicles

MarcieMarie12

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MarcieMarie12

• tracy_j

• Charlize

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Good idea! After a few weeks I tried some dangly ones and getting the studs back in at bedtime was a painful process. Take your time and it will be fine. No one has said anything to me about earrings, even close friends who I expected would be the first with questions. It's a non-event in today's social environment. Enjoy them! Soon you'll be wearing the cute or sexy ones.

Jani

So I am pretty sure I passed amongst a group of gamers tonight. I really enjoyed the games we played. I was happy that after 6 hours my make-up didn't fall off nor di my voice crack! Not sure if they all were told (I don't think so), one knew though. Got to work on a more girlish laugh though......if there is such a thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this week was basically stuck inside due to snow until wednesday. But friday was great as I got off early to therapy, then went out with some other girls to Freddies. I had an awesome time there and then the next night was outing by one of the local trans ladies groups. It was great to get out and all dressed up! Had my second laser appoint ment today, nothing changed there--she saved the upper lip for last. That area hurts!!! :o

In any event met some crossdressers this weekend. Definitely a notable difference between me and them (as if I needed any more confirmation that I am on the right path for myself).

Glad to hear yoi are doing well.

As i transitioned i often thought to myself (and sometimes still do ) "Am I passing? Or are these people just very accepting of me?"

But come to think of it, Either option is wonderful so dont worry much about if its one or the other.

As far as the earrings go: yup it is possible to take them out during work hours. Oh, and yes it will be a painfull hard time getting them back in afterward. If for nothing else maybe the pain of hiding your piercings will give way to coming out at work in some way.

Or here is another thought: Maybe just wear one post in your left ear during work hours.

This will help ease folks into the concept of you wearing earrings. This method will cut your pain factor in half by only dealing with one ear.

Yup, i remember those days. What a hasstle.

The good part is once it heals, its over.

Hang in there but above all else dont let them close! You will be right back to square one.

So-Kool, I think I am going to adopt that attitude. I will never pass for those I have history with (the knew me as him), so I have to accept that. I've just left them in,

I figure it may have been the cooler talk around the office for a week or so and then everyone will just went back to normal. Growing my hair long and the lack of facial hair will raise more eyebrows as time goes on. I think my big worry is that one Monday I may forget to remove the nail polish, or sign an e-mail Marcie, or make an over the top girl comment (aka talk about make-up, hoisery or my purse). Also, by May I might just be about to crawl out of my skin.

• Forum Moderator

I just came back to your chronicles and amongst other things say your photos. You look great. The fact that those who have known us before transition can only see us as being trans may be partially true but i also see a change over time in how i am treated by old acquaintances. Some trans* folks go to the extreme of moving and establishing a whole new identity in order to completely become stealth. For me being honest about who and what i am is part of the acceptance process Trying to forget the past wouldn't work for me.

I'm glad you are writing about your journey. Sharing makes it easier or maybe it's just knowing we are not alone.

Hugs,

Charlize

Thanks---I would say I had another first--the dreaded cold and keeping my voice during it. Luckily the worst of it was it work, or I was with long time friends. I only had a few outings (getting grocieries, stuff, clothes shopping. I find that when I get bored, shopping is a great way to spend the afternoon away. I do mean spend!!! Good thing I am within budget so far this month, of course it is only the 6th and I already hit my limit!! :doh1:

• Forum Moderator

I can understand budget Marcie now thatI am on shorter time working! Luckily I can window shop without buying too much but there are those 'must haves' that we come across :D

Tracy x

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to add for this week. Did go get a pedicure (months over due) with a cisfriend. SHe and realy enjoyed the messaging chairs, and my toe nails are now a pretty metallic mint color. Not something I can do every month, but every other month I will probably try to get one! Oh yeah, I drove in heels for the first time, talk about an interesting experience. Thankfully I did not cause any accidents!!! The big problem with me and heels is that shortcut I can't take through the grass.

Well today was fun, got together with friends for our monthly gaming session. Anyway on my way out of the parking garage I ended up with a flat tire. I got the car into a spot and here I am in high heel boots, a sweater dress, and tights trying to change my tire!!! Thank god for one of the ground crew coming a saving the damsel (me) in distress. :D

Let's just say it was great that he took over, because I was going to have issues jacking the car all the way. Also, I'm not sure how over tightened the bolts were on the tires. Heels and a new dress made it very awkward. Being rescued felt great, and I'm sorry if that offends anyone but I've always hated dealing with stuff like that. I can do it, but prefer not to.I'm pretty sure if I was him that would have gone very differently.

1. He never asked me to help him. I mean I could have volunteered but....

2. He never asked if I knew where things were. He just started looking on his own, but I told him where it was.

3. I was going to give the guy 20 bucks for the help. Definitely wanted to reward him in some way, he would not take it.

Oh, and I kept my voice up for the entire day!!!

• Forum Moderator

It sounds good Marcie :)

I am somewhat the same as I can do all these things (and the last time it happened a few years ago I had to with a full boot of equipment above the spare which was a pain :( ), but I have to say I don't like getting my hands dirty - especially dirty or broken nails. I don't know if it is a feminine thing or not but I was amused when with my partner, two of her sisters and mother a while ago and a parcel needed opening. When one of them asked if anyone had nails she said 'trust it to be you' when it was found I was the only one with long nails :D

Tracy

Well I had a bit of embarrassing scare today, I was at a wendy's parking lot and a wind gust blew my wig off....... :o......it almost blew into the drive through lane before I caught it. I am sure some one noticed....this is why I want to grow my hair out!!!!

Yup wigs are a pain in the butt. Mostly for that reason. All it takes is for it to slide an inch or two up or down and you look like a total fraud!

You might want to consider a weave or a remi. It can be sewn in or glued. Granted it is still prone to pull out but usually doesnt get blown off or rip off with a gentle tug. I am considering one myself but i am currently weighing costs and availabilities and style selection. I have known a few trans women who got them and they look great but much like you, i am trying to grow out what I can but feel like a total dude if i try to only wear what is left of my natural hair. I guess im waiting for my growth to Max out so i know what i am working with.... Or working without as the case may be.

I am getting good growth on my hair. I do worry more about the gray over coverage.It just needs to be a bit longer!!!! I'm just going to wear the wig until I feel like I have good length. It is part of the reason I am waiting to go full time at work. I want to not have to wear a wig.

• Forum Moderator

Lucky gal to have enough hair! I might be able to pass a a buddhist monk or a chemo patient but i prefer to wear a wig. mine seems to stay put pretty well which may well be because of the chrome dome it's settled on.

Hugs,

Charlize

• 2 weeks later...

Also, wigs are shake shake shake and they tend to go back to their styling. Head hair does require some effort and new skills on my part. I have a good hairdresser that is helping me out with that.

WIth that in mind today was Marcie's day off. I went to the dentist today as Marcie for the first time. I've been going to my dentist for almost 30 years (do the math). Anyway they were very welcoming, used my name, and most of all put me at ease almost immediately. I was a bit worried how they'd react but it was great except for the novacaine and basically the repairing of a cracked tooth. Not painful at all compared to the laser hair removal I am going through just a tooth numbing experience ( :D Bad pun attempt and she misses). Then I went to the mall for some jeans. I only have two pair, one ow which has hole. I figure I'd need a couple of pairs, especially a black pair. Anyway, ended up getting that, a pair of leggings, some more shiny stuff (some earrings, a couple of rings, and some bracelets, and one new necklace).

After lunch I headed off to my GT appointment. After this month I'll be seeing him once a month. Life is getting to be a new happier, normal, so seeing me twice a month is not necessary anymore. Went home after that. My two big tasks next are going full time, and name/gender change. Well that and surviving 3 days as him at a business conference. I don't want to loos my breat forms in my luggage and since I am not out of work don't want to out myself before its time.

Minor update. A gentleman I met through a friend of mine offered to help me with my grocery bags. I told him it was ok, but he insisted and said let me be a gentleman. It was awesome! I decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies (pre-made dough so not that hard) and am going to deliver some (a dozen) cookies to thank him. Would that be too much?

Well I decided not to bring him the cookies. Began waffling. Is it too much? Would I embarrass him, am I going over board. Probably over thinking it! So I ate all 18 cookies myself while deciding what to do. That is one way to come to a decision... :unsure:

Guest Mickey

Well, chocolate chip are the BEST cookie. So that certainly was a lil overboard. But you were right, enjoying them yourself. Maybe take some sugar cookies over. And not home baked. Prepackaged.

:lol:

• Forum Moderator

Maybe something to think about Marcie.

I have noticed that it seems to be far more common in women than men to give little gifts of appreciation. To me it seems like the giving of compliments and things - not very man like so takes a little time to get used to. I have often thought the same uncertainty as yourself in similar circumstances.

Tracy

• 2 weeks later...

I find myself more and more showing brief physical gestures of friendship by touching an arm or shoulder gently. It is certainly different being a woman (and I am so happy to be one!).