• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Marcie Chronicles

MarcieMarie12

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MarcieMarie12

• tracy_j

• Charlize

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So last night I had my first date as a woman. I loved every minute of it! We just had dinner and walked and talked and curled up in each others arms. It could only have gone better if it had not ended. Sadly, they had a meeting early next morning....

I forgot to mention, I almost lost my wig while we were cuddling on a park bench! I am so close to just not bothering with it, my hair is getting long enough. Now I get to figure out how to do my hair! I am completely clueless other than knowing what I want. Sholder lenght, wavy with a curl or two. Going to have to meet with my hairdresser soon!

• Forum Moderator

I have an appointment with mine this Saturday. I have been growing my hair and have not visited for well over six months (maybe nearly a year). I have not come out to her but need to ask for a feminine look and for advice. She has been helpful in the past so I will see how it goes. I am not sure how I want my hair styled and have been looking for months. It is rather messy and difficult to control now so needs sorting.

Tracy

Well had an interesting weekend. Had a second date! Yeah me! I enjoyed the company. They're bi-gendered.So we both have our transitions in common. I also got out on sunday night too. Had a blast with some friends. I spent about $300 on spring/summer dresses. Ooops, I blew my clothing budget again! (Bad Marcie!!!).

Anyway, there were two things of note. While trying on my dresses I was not accosted by the attendant in the fitting room, but when I asked the girl I was with to check and see what she thought of my outfit, the attendant tried to stop her. She pulled out her license and showed that she was female and got a non-apology apology. I think the joke is on the attendant because she never once questioned me. Give it up people, you can'y police us based on how good we look!!

Well another milestone. I am excited about it too. I am at the point where I am comfortable going out without breastforms (they are getting a little uncomfortable) and without my wig (just in time for the summer!!). I went out saturday night to a dance club, and didn't get home until after two in the morning! Had a blast!!!

ALso moved up the date to being full time at work on the friday before memorial day. I am so relieved!!! Everyone in my office has been great about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, had one weekend of back to back to back social engagements. Also went to the dentist again, they use my correct name and everything which is great. I also got complimented on natural hair being sassy! :D

But lets see, as for new experiences not many except I am finding my romance a bit different than before my transition. I found that an emotional connection is 100 times more important than physical attraction. That may be a bit of hyperbole, but I hope that gets my point across. In any event, things are moving along well. I just need some more clothes.... :wub:

• Forum Moderator

I have only had any kind of romance as such online Marcie but I am learning and one thing I have learned is in agreement with you. The emotional connection is most important. I am finding that the general approach of men seems far too physical. At times it can be even repulsive :unsure:

Tracy

• 2 weeks later...

BTW-Here is a picture from a couple of weeks ago. Two important things, one is no wig, the other is no breast forms!

http://forum.lauras-playground.com/forums/index.php?app=galleryℑ=12885

Just a quick update, I am still dating the same person. I am just 2 weeks from transitioning at the office, and I just sent that picture to the co-workers that already know of my transition. The comments were so nice! :)

• Forum Moderator

You looking and sounding great Marcie :thumbsup:

Hugs,

Charlize

Hhmmm....It's so nice to read a transition-chronicle without all the typical angst and drama, especially one so well penned by the OP. [The reference to the separation/divorce was sad; that happens far more often than not.] Shoot, I experience more drama at supper than is reported in this story of gender-transition ( :)).

Certainly, it's good to have financial means (i.e., as reported/alluded in one of the op-posts). One can work the transition-agenda at more of one's own pace.

Best wishes to the OP.

Here's a picutre after my hairdresser appointment today. The first time I've been to my hairdresser in girl mode. She is known in the local trans community and really helps girls get their right!

I was grinning ear to ear after I got, and giddy as a school girl comes to mind... :D

http://forum.lauras-playground.com/forums/index.php?app=galleryℑ=12886

Thanks Tejana, by the time I had started the Marcie Chronicles, I was one month from getting a divorce (not known), getting to see my therapist on a regular basis, and lastly beginning to fully come to terms with who I am and where I needed to go. I don't mean to sound flippant about it, because in reality it was a heart wrenching decision neither my ex or myself wanted to make. I think we delayed as much we could, but in the end we both new where I was going and she new she couldn't stay married to me. That being said, me being trans was not the only issue in the marriage, it just accelerated the time line and exacerbated the bad habits in our marriage (I was not completely blameless). I first started this thread to describe my first time out, and changed the tile after it grew to include a chronicle of firsts. I kept it to firsts, because Marcie goes to pee in the lady's room is usually an uninteresting event except maybe if it is ever in NC or if I ever leave my dress bunched in my pantyhose...its going to happen!!! :lol: .

If you notice the number of firsts has dropped off--there are lot of new things going on when you begin to transition. Dating was a new and unexpected turn of events, as was getting a new BFF. Oh yeah, I don't think I've mentioned her or my date/girlfriend/boyfriend much (I'll go with girlfriend but it is sorta of complicated--women's intuition tells me where she's going, but the pace and steps confuse me), but we all kind of have each others back. These are people I never would have met had I given up. My other BFF was from my boy years and now lives in Indiana. We don't talk much anymore, he's busy with his girlfriend and her autistic son.

I'm actually getting together with them and another pair of friends together this weekend for BBQ (CiCi_73 and another friend) this Sunday. CiCi_73 was the one who went with me on my first time out.

Another thing to note is that some of my early threads from over a year ago have a lot of the angst and self discovery in them.

• 2 weeks later...

Friday and yesterday I spent a grand total of 6 hours waitning to be served at the DMV, and Social Security Office. Both of the employees there were very polite if not happy for me. I then went in to get my name changed for the car insurance and at my bank. In both places things went great. The only thing I'd say, is be prepared to out yourself to complete strangers. That was a bit weird.In other news, things move along. Have a big dinner date tonight--I get to be a domestic Diva, and put together a nice place setting for my girlfriend/boyfriend.

Had my first day not being in boy mode at work on Friday. It started off with a few early visitors wishing me well. Everyone was happy for me and congratulating me. My coworker’s in my Department even left me a card congratulating me as well and they all signed it with well wishes (almost teared up--but held them back so I didn't ruin my mascara). . I don’t feel the need to be congratulated for this though, but I appreciate the good feelings behind it all. In addition to this, one of my co-workers also brought in donuts to celebrate my coming out at work. He even got my favorite, a samoa donut with chocolate, carmel and coconut!! I got first pick of the donuts too.. :)

After work I invited my co-workers to join be at a local restaurant for happy hour and about a dozen showed up. We chatted about few things about my transition and somethings that weren’t. One thing I have noticed in talking with other girls, is that we can talk about make-up and other girl things except when there is a guy around. The minute the guys showed up we changed the topic.

All in all I couldn’t ask for a better response from co-workers!!!

:groupwavereversed:

• Forum Moderator

Nice to hear Marcie :)

Reading that made me wonder - When the other women at work discuss makeup with me is it a gesture of acceptance? It does happen occasionally.

Tracy

• 2 weeks later...

Tejana, I wanted to quote what I said to my GT last week when he asked how I felt my transition went so far. I told him, it has been the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. But, in hearing other's transition stories, mine was relatively easy so far.

Anyway, went to the Capitol Pride Parade in DC, watched from a third floor hotel room where the parade starts! Had a wonderful time. We had plenty of wine and friends. And really what else do you need?

The next day, I took out my Father to lunch for an early father's day treat. We went to a local resteraunt that served crawfish and shrimp ben jets and some other nice cajun dinners. Got caught up with all the family comings and goings. My mom is still upset and doesn't want to talk about it, and as expected my brothers don't know what to do with me. Mostly no change in the status quo. She worries that I will get surgery (I'm pretty sure I will based on the few things left that cause me dysphoria).

After that went to the Capital Pride Festival, had a good time there.

• Forum Moderator

Marcie i'm so glad to read of your experiences. There is a smile as i write. It indeed sounds that your doing great!

Hugs,

Charlize

I am doing well, except for the family issues. But they aren't threatening me, just ignoring me. I think most of it has to do with their worries as to how the kids will react and other family dynamics. I.E. change is hard and takes time for them to adjust.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a fun time on Saturday and Sunday. My boyfriend/girlfriend and I went to spend about $230 in coupons at a local clothing store. Well more to point I had about $230 to spend in coupons. I ended up getting a couple of dresses (for work and evenings out), a couple of skirts, and about 4 tops, a pair of shorts and some belts. I wanted some more choices because all to often when deciding what to wear for work, I don't have anything to wear!! Also needed some shorts!! I was missing that from my wardrobe (had only one pair!!).

I spent about 3 hours in that one store. It was glorious....to bad my boyfriend/girlfriend nor I am independently wealthy otherwise this could easily become an addiction.......

• Forum Moderator

Wish I was there Marcie - a nice day out :)

Over the years I have accumulated so much that I would have to purge to make room for anything new :( . Still I do like windowshopping and could push things a little :D

Tracy

My poor boyfriend/girlfriend was in boy mode at the time. He was patient with me. I did come out to show him a few things. He ended up getting into a conversation with a lawyer from Whitman Walker (an LGBT clinic that also helps out with others in transition) who just happened to be there. She helps people with the name change process. Small world!! Though the store specializes in US sizes 10-30.

I still have some space in my walk-in closet to fill!! At this point I can go a few weeks without wearing the same outfit, so it is more for the fun and finding nice stuff. I put it to a friend, that I regressed back to my 20's and am redoing it from there. :D

• Forum Moderator

Marcie is is so lovely to read about your journey. I remember when you asked for the title of this topic to be changed to it's present form so many posts ago. It is wonderful to see your acceptance of life grow! (and your closet fill)

Hugs,

Charlize

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally had another 1st. I hosted a webinar!!! I was really worried about my voice cracking but it didn't. It went well, and I can honestly say I did it a lot better than before, was incredibly less nervous than any other time I've done a webinar....