• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Acolyte

Jennifer T

Wrote this a long time ago, looking at the bottle:

"Acolyte

Consider the bottle

Deceptive, ephemeral;

Enticing

Inviting redemption.

Who inhabits the chapel of the lost?

Who visits the tabernacle of the tormented?

And hears the dirge of the depraved?

In aqueous requiem I sang the psalm of the inebriated

And offered approbation at the gilded altar of Neon.

Now in corpulent solitude I contemplate

And proffer penance for the iniquity of the inane

And lifting the chalice of the profane

I seal my discipleship...

- Jennifer T, May 23, 2003

• Forum Moderator

I like this poem. It is quite powerful for me.

One of the names of that which inhabits the bottle i once esteemed was "spirits". Relaxation and a feeling of spirituality often went with my surrender to the bottle. That was part of the appeal. It offered me that at first. Slowly while the promise remained the reality changed and i was a slave. The constant promise ended only with pain. Deceptive is a great descriptor. I also ended up solitary, and in my case wallowing in pain.

Hugs,

Charlize

Thank you Charlize and Raya. Oh yes, I recognize the deception. But it is, for me, a necessary mechanism at this time. It will not always be so.

Peace this day.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I doubt my poem is what Croce meant in his lyrics, but I am honored, Vanna! :-)

Glad to see you here.

Thank you Charlize and Raya. Oh yes, I recognize the deception. But it is, for me, a necessary mechanism at this time. It will not always be so.

Peace this day.

I do not have it within me to change the world. Difficult enough for me to change myself. There may be deception in the bottle, but it is one that I can recognize and face head on. This world, on the other hand, is cruel and relentless in it's persecution of those it deems 'different'. It smiles at you one moment and punches you in the back of the head when you walk away. This is the greater deception.

• Forum Moderator

Jennifer i certainly agree i can't change the world. I have plenty to in living life day to day. The bottle helped me for years to deal with problems that i couldn't face. They were my problems, not the worlds. Oblivion seemed to help but in the end even that barely touched the difficulties. Fortunately i've found support and love in the process of finding sobriety. Slowly i'm finding peace within myself. The bottle can still call but i've learned that if i handle my addiction first other difficulties can be tackled. With help nobody can get to your back to give you the punch you mentioned.

I've grown to love the statement.....I've got your back. I almost understand that now.

Hugs,

Charlize

Hi Charlize, I do recognize what problems are mine. This TG thing is my issue, not the world's. All my personal issues and the way I may or may not respond to them are mine. I have never blamed the world or anyone in particular for those things. I accept responsibility for everything that has happened to me in this life.

However, what I do allow the 'world' responsibility for is it's persistent inhumanity and brutality towards itself. When I see or hear about such things, it breaks me.

I 'retreated' from the world many years ago. I function within it and do what I must to exist. It, or the people in it, have in one way or another rejected me time and time again. Fine, I accept that I'm different. That's my issue, not theirs. But I cannot keep getting hurt like that. It doesn't 'have my back'. I learned at a very young age that it was up to me to protect my own back. And I've been keeping 'Jennifer' safe from all this crap for 50 years. "T" can take the punches and walk away from the world and drink the drink when he needs to. 'T' has stood face to face with many opponents in and out of the ring for years. 'T' can fight. 'T' has Jennifer's back. 'T' is the only human who has ever had 'Jennifer's' back. And no human has ever had 'T's' back.

In my sphere, Charlize, I've put my own welfare on the line for others many times throughout my life. But it's never reciprocated. If I need help, it's up to 'T'. This isn't a 'poor me' thing. I'm very thankful that God has afforded me the ability to do these things. But I cannot comprehend another 'having my back'.

I'm sorry if this is all old hat. Today, I hurt.

Peace.

Thank you JodyAnn. And you too Charlize. My words were not meant to be a rebuttal of what you offered; but rather an explanation of how I see a difficult concept I culled from your words. I know none of this is easy for any of us. Truly I do.

You've crossed a river

I sit on the opposite bank

Dreaming from afar

Of making that crossing

Knowing I cannot

From your shore

The way across is decipherable

From mine, completely abstruse

Therein lies my frustration

• Forum Moderator

Understood Jennifer. I really like that poem by the way. It expresses beautifully the feeling i have had when faced with change. Seeing others on the opposite side helped in some ways, i knew it was possible. It gave me a goal and i started to look for a bridge. In a few cases i was desperate enough to jump in and swim across. I'm glad you are here. Perhaps it was seeing the experiences of others here that helped me make a major plunge.

Hugs,

Charlize

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 121 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • MaeBe
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Petra Jane
    • April Marie
    • Jet McCartney
    • VickySGV
    • Delaney
    • Ivy
    • Adrianna Danielle
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Delaney
    Newest Member
    Delaney

1. Bebhar
      Bebhar
      (41 years old)
    2. caelensmom
      caelensmom
      (40 years old)
    3. Jani
      Jani
      (70 years old)
    4. Jessicapitts
      Jessicapitts
      (37 years old)
    5. klb046
      klb046
      (30 years old)
    • Abigail Genevieve
      No.  You are getting stuck on one statement and pulling it out of context.   Trans kids have rights, but so do non-trans kids.  That conflict is best worked out in the individual situation. 
    • MaeBe
      I get the concept, I believe. You're trying to state that trans kids need to or should be excluded from binary gender spaces and that you acknowledge that answers to accommodate those kids may not be found through policy. I disagree with the capability of "penetration" as being the operative delimiter in the statement, however. I contest this statement is poorly chosen at best and smacks of prejudice at worst. That it perpetuates certain stereotypes, whether that was the intent or not.   Frankly, all kids should have the right to privacy in locker rooms, regardless of gender, sexuality, or anatomy. They should also have access to exercise and activities that other kids do and allow them to socialize in those activities. The more kids are othered, extracted, or barred from the typical school day the more isolated and stigmatized they become. That's not healthy for anyone, the excluded for obvious reasons and the included for others--namely they get to be the "haves" and all that entails.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Context.  Read the context.  Good grief.
    • MaeBe
      Please don't expect people to read manifold pages of fiction to understand a post.   There was a pointed statement made, and I responded to it. The statement used the term penetration, not "dissimilar anatomy causing social discomfiture", or some other reason. It was extended as a "rule" across very different social situations as well, locker and girl's bedrooms. How that term is used in most situations is to infer sexual contact, so most readers would read that and think the statement is that we "need to keep trans girl's penises out of cis girls", which reads very closely to the idea that trans people are often portrayed as sexual predators.   I understand we can't always get all of our thoughts onto the page, but this doesn't read like an under-cooked idea or a lingual short cut.
    • Ashley0616
      I shopped online in the beginning of transition. I had great success with SHEIN and Torrid!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Have you read the rest of what I wrote?   Please read between the lines of what I said about high school.  Go over and read my Taylor story.  Put two and two together.   That is all I will say about that.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      "I feel like I lost my husband," Lois told the therapist,"I want the man I married." Dr. Smith looked at Odie, sitting there in his men's clothing, looking awkward and embarrassed. "You have him.  This is just a part of him you did not know about. Or did not face." She turned to Odie,"Did you tear my wedding dress on our wedding night?" He admitted it.  She had a whole catalog of did-you and how-could you.  Dr. Smith encouraged her to let it all out. Thirty years of marriage.  Strange makeup in the bathroom.  The kids finding women's laundry in the laundry room. There was reconciliation. "What do we do now?" Dr. Smith said they had to work that out.  Odie began wearing women's clothing when not at work.  They visited a cross-dressers' social club but it did not appeal to them.  The bed was off limits to cross dressing.  She had limits and he could respect her limits.  Visits to relatives would be with him in men's clothing.    "You have nail polish residue," a co-worker pointed out.  Sure enough, the bottom of his left pinky nail was bright pink  His boss asked him to go home and fix it.  He did.   People were talking, he was sure, because he doubted he was anywhere as thorough as he wanted to be.  It was like something in him wanted to tell everyone what he was doing, and he was sloppy.   His boss dropped off some needed paperwork on a Saturday unexpectedly and found Odie dressed in a house dress and wig.  "What?" the boss said, shook his head, and left.  None of his business.   "People are talking," Lois said. "They are asking about this," she pointed to his denim skirt. "This seems to go past or deeper than cross dressing."   "Yes.  I guess we need some counseling."  And they went.
    • April Marie
      You look wonderful!!! A rose among the roses.
    • Ashley0616
      Mine would be SHEIN as much as I have bought from them lol.
    • MaeBe
      This is the persistence in thinking of trans girls as predators and, as if, they are the only kind of predation that happens in locker rooms. This is strikingly close to the dangerous myth that anatomy corresponds with sexuality and equates to gender.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      At the same time there might be mtf boys who transitioned post-puberty who really belong on the girls' teams because they have more similarities there than with the boys, would perform at the same level, and might get injured playing with the bigger, stronger boys.   I well remember being an androgynous shrimp in gym class that I shared with seniors who played on the football team.  When PE was no longer mandatory, I was no longer in PE. They started some mixed PE classes the second semester, where we played volleyball and learned bowling and no longer mixed with those seniors, boys and girls together.
    • Timi
      Leggings and gym shorts, sweatshirt, Handker wild rag. Listening to new Taylor Swift album while strolling through the rose garden in the park. 
    • Ivy
      Grey short sleeved dress under a beige pinafore-type dress.  Black thigh highs (probably look like tights).  It was cool this morning so a light black colored sweater.  
    • Abigail Genevieve
      People love bureaucracy.  It makes everything cut and dried, black and white, and often unjust, unmerciful, wasteful and downright stupid.
    • Ivy
      This is why a blanket policy can never be fair.  Everything is not black and white.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.