• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jennifer T

Shards

Jennifer T

I watched a movie recently called "Backtrack". It was a movie that focuses on an individual's repressed childhood memory (I didn't know this when I rented it).

A recent conversation took me back to a day when some repressed memories of my childhood came flooding back:

"Shards"

In shards of broken memory

A child cries

For refuge from a torrent of rage

And disdain.

Through fear and pain

The betrayal finds,

in sequestered austerity,

An asylum for the soul.

Years pass.

The haven of repression

becomes a prison;

Anathema.

Contempt for self

And a shame indiscernible

lies dormant; an awareness

Waiting...

A woman,

Silenced in debasement;

Coped with a struggle

Meant for two

The burden too great

She became a product of duplicity

An onus mismanaged

Brought distorted solace;

The provender of life became the

furtherance of despair.

And the child cried.

The shards reassembled

Provide a shattered reflection

Of a child remembered.

Jennifer T - June 2003

Charlize

I also know the feeling of being a broken and a distorted vessel. Life has seemed unfair. I have ben damaged by events, perhaps broken at times.

Events in my life as well as my gender issues have caused this. I'm sure no-one gets through life with a perfect vessel. As a person who has worked with clay i know that regardless of how perfectly i throw a pot and prepare the glazes the kiln is the final arbitrator. I also have seen how the distortions in a pot make it more interesting and beautiful patched or not.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest LesleyAnne

Wow!

...... I get it!

Powerful, poignant! :wub:

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 85 Guests (See full list)

• Emily michelle
    • Kris-Boston
    • Kylie
    • Jackie C.
    • Cris31
    • SL
    • Cyndee
    • Katharina
    • Bri2020
    • Robin.C
    • Jandi
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Sam S

No users celebrating today
    • Emily michelle
      Oh ok wow you have a tough job being in an icu. I’m fairly familiar with nursing because my mom was a nurse for 40 years.
    •  Kylie
      @Emily michelle I work in a Medical Intensive Care Unit. I have my Masters in Nursing Education and am finishing up Practitioner school currently and going into Advanced Practice with Critical Care/Cardiology at some point.     
    • Cris31
      That's quite a long time Sandra.  Glad you're happier.  I wish I'd realized earlier, could have avoided the denial, depression, etc.  But we can only move forward and try and make the best of it.
    • Emily michelle
      I’m considering health care both of my parents are retired from health care. My wife also mentioned nursing school. That’s awesome that people are that accepting in that field. I wish my current profession was more accepting but I don’t see that happening. If you don’t mind me asking Kylie what kind of nursing are you in?
    • Bri2020
      Thanks.  My google searches all had stuff from 2015 or earlier.  I have no problem with itemization, small biz owner so... also I'm discovering how much out of pocket all of this is running so reaching 7% isn't gonna be a problem, especially if electrolysis is covered.  I saw a reference in a legal case that said that FFS was covered on the basis that for transgender females "passing is important for many for reduction in psychological symptoms as well as safety therefor medically indicated".  My hope is that based on that, facial hair removal "should" fall under the same argument.  lots more research to do.  If there's no case law specifically for it, it might be worth attempting and if IRS flags it, having a legal case argued just to help the cause.
    • Jandi
      I used to refuse any automatic payment things myself - I'm from the old land-line days.  It made me feel like someone (or something) else was in control.  But I kept forgetting to prepay my phone, and then they did offer a discount, so I just figured what the hell.  I mean it's not like anything is really hack-free.  I use a credit card so if anything suspicious happens I'll see it on the statement.  Anyhow, it keeps me from being surprised by a dead phone. And then last winter I had to have some surgeries.  I was staying with my daughter in another town and couldn't keep up with my mail and stuff (bills) so i switched what I could to auto pay.  I'm not crazy about it, but so far it's worked out okay.  
    •  Kylie
      @Emily michelle I have been a Nurse for 8 years now. Working in the Medical Field is wonderful. I will say many Healthcare Organizations value the Diversity and Inclusivity Especially with the LGTB+ community. I myself don’t really find myself involved in LGTB stuff, but have grown to love the aspect of how I have such supportive and interested coworkers.    As far as if you’re ‘smart enough’. Don’t weigh intelligence too much. I work along side many Nurses that dropped out of high school and college multiple times before ever finishing nursing school. Look at different career paths within Healthcare, you won’t regret it!   Kylie
    • Jackie C.
      Today was Lindsey Sterling (with Lzzy Hale). I wish I could move like that. On the other hand, oncoming traffic probably thought I was a crazy person dancing (badly) down the sidewalk.   Also some Mystery Skulls,   Hugs!
    • Carolyn Marie
      I am old (school) so I am usually reluctant to sign up for automatic payments for anything.  There are a couple of exceptions.  I change passwords and credit card numbers often enough to make it very tedious to have to remember which auto payments I'm signed up for and change them out.   So I buy my stamps, lick my envelopes, and pray that the "Mail Goes Through" on time.  Even that is becoming less of a sure thing these days.  Some days I don't get my mail delivered until 9 p.m.   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      The last time I read up on it, which admittedly was several years ago, it was considered a cosmetic procedure by the IRS.  I have not heard of any change.  Breast enhancement surgery for MtF and mastectomies for FtM are usually allowable deductions if one gets documentation from medical providers that it was medically necessary.   That said, the cost of medical procedures must still exceed the percentage of income (usually 7%) in order to be deducted, and finally, one must be able to itemize deductions, which is a more difficult threshold to get past than it was prior to Trump's big tax changes from a couple of years ago.   So, as usual, it depends.  Please talk to your tax advisor to be sure.  I am not a tax accountant, nor do I play one on T.V.  🤣   Carolyn Marie
    • Dinaki
      ...and another song called Je Veux
    • Dinaki
      I am listenning at ZAZ   Les Passants
    • Teri Anne
      Playing in a band is wonderful but has its issues.
    • Bri2020
      Anyone know whether facial electrolysis is a qualified medical expense for transgender people for tax purposes?  If i'm going to spend 10s of thousands I am hoping to at least find a tax break
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
      Hi Cris31, My wife and I have been married for over 40 years. I’ve wanted to be female for 70 years. I’ve cross dressed since age 6 but was never able or ready to accept myself as transgender until a few years ago. My wife tolerates my feminine side and I believe quietly accepts me.   I’m not on HRT and I don’t plan on having surgery. As of now, I’ll live out my life the way I am.   I’m sorry your wife feels the way she. Life is still good    Hugs Sandra
  • Upcoming Events