• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Started jogging

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

Yesterday I missed a train because I couldn't run long enough to catch it. That was the last straw. I finally decided to start running. Specifically, I ran the first day of the Couch to 5k training program.

It's not fun yet. But, as I write this half an hour later, I'm feeling pretty good. Better than normal. I'm looking forward to doing it again!

Also only slightly embarrassed running in nothing but a sports bra and shorts. I'm not overweight. Just really out of shape. Yay for finally feeling comfortable in my own body!

Guest suden

Good for you dear! I used to love to run or jog! is closer to what I was doing. Now I go to the gym and work my abs and love the rowing machine! My knees could not take the running after time! Have fun and try to run on grass if you can.

Work that heart and lungs! Eden

• Forum Moderator

Good for you Jo! You already feel better because you recognized you needed to break a bad habit and get in shape. Keep it up because the sky's the limit.

Cheers,

Jani

I haven't been able to jog for awhile because of Achilles tendonitis. I overdid it to begin. And I've jogged off and on for some time. It's one of those things that can't be rushed. I'm going to start with one mile and know I will break and walk many times. It took me about 2 months to jog 4 miles without taking a break. As soon as my stubborn Achilles heals I will be back at it.

Jennifer

• Forum Moderator

Doing something to keep fit is good :)

Don't be too embarrassed about what you are wearing. If where you are it is anything like here there are lots of women about who are obviously unfit but do wear the same. They don't look odd!

Personally I prefer my bicycle as I can get further to explore

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

I never was much of a runner unless i had a soccer ball in front of me. My favorite exercise became bike riding but due to heart trouble walking is about the best i can do now. I'm glad your getting fit. Any exercise improves our mood as well as health. :thumbsup:

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

Ran again today! During the walking parts of my exercise routine, I found myself actually excited for the running parts. Yay progress!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AshleighP

As a personal trainer and gym owner, I applaud your desire to do something to make yourself more fit. The focus should always be on feeling better physically and mentally, as opposed to what the scale says. I have a sign over the scale in my gym that reads " warning! This scale can can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. It cannot measure beauty, talent, purpose, strength or love"

Consistency will pay off in the long run (pardon the pun. Best of luck! The couch to 5k program is great by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

I so agree with AshelighP. If your focused on your mental and physical well being, then exercise and activities become enjoyable and or more bearable. Because to me a scale only can provide you a number not an overall experience and lifestyle.