• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Vagina prosthesis? Gina clip?

Hi, new to the forum. Anyways, for my question that caused me to actually join up I'm wondering if anyone has ever actually tried any of the various vagina prosthetics out there rather than gaffs as a temporary solution before surgery (or if you're non-op or just crossdressing, why doesn't really matter). Two specific products I'm interested in are the vee-string made by various mfg's and the Pro-V made by Choice Tools. Due to the forum rules I cannot actually post links. The Pro-V claims you can pee from it and experience something akin to penetration, and versions of the vee-string make the same claims, some just the urination, others both (and, some, more... sexually explicit claims as well that I have no interest in nor will I repeat them here).

Mostly, I just want the aesthetic look without the need for special underwear and the ability to pee wearing it, the other claim would just be icing on the cake if it were actually true at all, but if it's not, it wouldn't bother me.

I want to know how they hold up, how well they hold a tuck, if they are actually convincing in look, how it feels to wear them, and if you really can effectively pee wearing them. If I got one of these, I'd be wearing it all the time except when in the shower, and would wash it while in the shower and immediately put it on again. I hate the feeling of my "junk" that much.

Another product I was recently made aware of is called the Gina clip, I'd also be interested in any experiences with that product. Can you pee with it on, etc?

I'm already well aware that they are expensive, gaffs are pretty darn expensive too, especially getting enough of them to last a while before needing to do laundry, the tuck, in my experience, is also quite poor really. Additionally, they wear out VERY quickly. Though an acquaintance did recently give a rather glowing review of neoprene bikini's for a tuck. Going so far as to say the particular pair she'd tried gave a better tuck than gaffs. I've found those for only $5 a set on one site that does Asian imports to the US, and I am considering trying them.

The problem I have with neoprene bikini's is that they will definitely show under most clothes. Heck, even skin tone gaffs show under tight enough clothing. There's no such thing as a no panty-line gaff. Personally, I think that if they work well enough, make me feel more feminine, and allow me to wear normal underwear with them, while yes, they're definitely expensive, it'd be money well spent to be able to wear a plethora of different kinds of panties and feel more feminine even without surgery considering that surgery is easily still years away for me. At least more than two, and that'd be if I got insurance effective tomorrow. Even if I did try one, I acknowledge that I wouldn't be able to do so anytime soon and do still need another method in the meantime.

I've already tried regular women's shapewear and none of them hold a tuck for me. Maybe I'm just too big? IDK. Haven't tried making my own gaffs, don't exactly have a plethora of hosiery with runs in them to experiment with. Haven't tried taping, largely because of the complications that can be read about all over the internet.

• Forum Moderator

First of all welcome to Laura's. i'm afraid i never tried these products. it simply seemed to me that adding anything below would increase the very bulk i was attempting to remove. I also had trouble tucking but dressed in such a way that it wasn't apparent. Sorry i can't be more help.

Hugs,

Charlize

First of all welcome to Laura's. i'm afraid i never tried these products. it simply seemed to me that adding anything below would increase the very bulk i was attempting to remove. I also had trouble tucking but dressed in such a way that it wasn't apparent. Sorry i can't be more help.

Hugs,

Charlize

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully someone else has tried them and can comment.

• Admin

I was silly enough to get one of the V-string appliances, yeah, darn it the expensive one, and it did not last long enough to really be worth much. I really feel silly about what I did but not silly enough to pretend I never did it. The latex they are made of gets brittle pretty fast and the tie on cords are just that, Venetian blind cord which is uncomfortable and hard to tie behind you. As you can see by my signature line here, I am post-op and the prosthetic did nothing similar to my current life. The prosthetic with the funnel you jam your penis into gets wet inside, and gets wet from spray just as you do in the early post op stages, that is true, but there are other better reasons for GCS. You see the edge of the prosthetic through even heavy woolen underwear.

My suggestion is to get over the fantasy of fitting into the tight tight tight underwear or skirts without a bulge. Even with my surgery, I still cannot pull that off, the reason being that I do have extra weight and prefer skinny dipping to tight bathing suits.

Now --- How often do you do crotch inspections on people? 99% of other people do it that often too!! Get my point.

I do want surgery, but there's no way I'm going to be able to get it any time soon. And while "crotch inspections" may not be a thing, I do notice, and people do notice. Even just a casual passover and at least with a package like mine if the tuck isn't perfect, people will notice.

• Forum Moderator

Just thought I would look up the Gina Clip and saw a video (cannot be shown here for obvious reasons). I think it would never work for me although In practice a well made pair of panties with tights or other garment to re-inforce does generally work. I suggest you look before buying as it appears to me to be useable only with someone who has small bodyparts.

I agree with the comments made above. Do things as simply as possible and avoid adding to whatever you have. Don't waste money on people trying to make a fast buck!

Tracy

Just thought I would look up the Gina Clip and saw a video (cannot be shown here for obvious reasons). I think it would never work for me although In practice a well made pair of panties with tights or other garment to re-inforce does generally work. I suggest you look before buying as it appears to me to be useable only with someone who has small bodyparts.

I agree with the comments made above. Do things as simply as possible and avoid adding to whatever you have. Don't waste money on people trying to make a fast buck!

Tracy

I am looking to do things as simply as possible. That's what I'm looking for. As I said before, gaffs don't work. "Well made" or not, panties with reinforcing garments don't work. This is why I'm asking for actual experience. If they can sell these things, someone must be buying them. I appreciate the comments I've been getting here and on another site from past users of the vee-string. They align with my own suspicions and that product is solidly crossed off my list of anything I might try. I'm not trying to step on any toes here, but comments from people who haven't even tried any of these things just telling me to "try harder" at what's already failed are not appreciated. I am asking for actual experience with the specified products or similar ones. I know what hasn't worked yet, and that's basically everything suggested so far. In this forum I already covered the fact none of those work in the very first post, that's why I'm looking for something different. I don't know why people seem to assume I just haven't tried something simple yet.

Hi AbiDrew,

Welcome to the playground! :) Wow, you mentioned some products that I had never heard of before, quite interesting. :) I wish that I could be of some help, but well, we are all made a bit differently and I never needed any tucking. I have some intersex conditions which make me atypical, this includes anomalous genitals which I described in the intersex forum.

Thanks for being very discreet in your questions. :thumbsup: I was wondering if you had tried any loose flowing peasant skirts? Long before I came out, I used to wear skirts at Pagan festivals and also sarongs, they were popular and didn't expose any bulges even on full males. I have a friend named Jennifer that used to have bulge problems with wearing tights, and after my advice, she started wearing long blouses over the tights and it cured the problem. Loose dresses, and dark sweatpants with long tops might be options as well. I am sure someone else will come along to this thread with better advice, until then, good luck girl. :)

hugs,

Stephanie

• Admin

AbiDrew, you are new to the forums here and we still do not really know you as well as some of our longer members. All too many of our members at your stage have not "tried the simple things" and so those of us who have been here a while (5 years for me next week) may offer that, not just for you, but for others whom your post and its answers may benefit.

I get the picture that whatever you have tried has not been satisfying to the way you see your body. I have only tried the one product and know its frankly humiliating results. Many people do use the other products, and I know some of them IRL since I am part of the Trans* scene here where I live and I hear bragging about them, look over, and wish I had not in all truthfulness. They show off the product, but draw attention to things we really do not want to be an object of attention. The people buying and using the products have other goals in their lives than what you say you do, and for them those goals are met (cringe) and I am happy for them. When we know each other better I will be able to respond more to you. When you get 5 posts in you can PM some of us and maybe get more direct answers to your questions.

Guest KerryUK

Hi AbiDrew, simply put - don't waste your money on them. They are uncomfortable, unhygienic and a waste of money. I found that I got better results from wearing a pair of 'bikini' style panties with a pair of control panties over the top. The prosthetic style products ended up spending more time in my drawer than I actually wore them so yes, a waste of money.

Kerry

• 2 weeks later...

Several years ago I purchased the Vee string with the menstration kit. I had compared it to the Cherry Popper and selected the Vee String for the menstration ability. As mentioned above, the Vee string has it's issues. I just wanted to add that the Cherry Popper uses an external catherater. I tried that with the Vee String and that was not really a viable option for long term use plus it becomes expensive. The menstration option was interesting. Needless to say, it was messy and the pouch for the "blood" ultimately started to rip. I do kind of miss that function since cis women deal with that every month. Ultimately you miss out on the feel of the clothes on your skin. I too, recommend that you spend your money on something else. Hope that helps.

Deanna

Hi AbiDrew, simply put - don't waste your money on them. They are uncomfortable, unhygienic and a waste of money. I found that I got better results from wearing a pair of 'bikini' style panties with a pair of control panties over the top. The prosthetic style products ended up spending more time in my drawer than I actually wore them so yes, a waste of money.

Kerry

Double panties with one set being "control" panties does absolutely nothing for a tuck, so if you've actually used ANY of the products I mentioned and are saying this, they must have made things worse than no tuck. I find that hard to believe.

• Root Admin

I've tried them and Kerry is right. They are uncomfortable and they smell very bad after a time. To me it was a waste of money. Try them if you want but I think you'll come to the same conclusion as we did.

I tried the v-clip thing too and that was downright painful. I only did that once. That was enough for me.

If none of our suggestions will work for you, I'm afraid you're on your own. If you do find something that works, let us know. We're always open to new methods.

MaryEllen

I've tried them and Kerry is right. They are uncomfortable and they smell very bad after a time. To me it was a waste of money. Try them if you want but I think you'll come to the same conclusion as we did.

I tried the v-clip thing too and that was downright painful. I only did that once. That was enough for me.

If none of our suggestions will work for you, I'm afraid you're on your own. If you do find something that works, let us know. We're always open to new methods.

MaryEllen

Thank you. Discomfort and bad odor are potential problems that make a lot of sense. Any successful tuck is going to be potentially painful until you adjust to having those parts crammed where they aren't supposed to be, and as for odor, well, daily cleaning should take care of that, I would think.

I get that the Vee-String is a totally terrible product that doesn't work reliably at all, but you're the first person to say they used the clip. Other than discomfort and odor issues, did you experience any other problems from the clip? How was the appearance with it? Were you able to wear normal women's panties and appear completely feminine? How well does it hold up and hold the tuck? Did it have any reliability problems?

Guest KerryUK

Kerry

Double panties with one set being "control" panties does absolutely nothing for a tuck, so if you've actually used ANY of the products I mentioned and are saying this, they must have made things worse than no tuck. I find that hard to believe.

Abi,

I don't make things up and nor do I lie. I speak from experience and having actually used both prosthetic vaginas and the double panties method - I personally found the double panties to be cleaner, more comfortable and more hygienic. Oh, and I utilised this method of tucking for around 12 years (3 of which were during transition and so were for around 15 hours per day, 7 days per week). On one occasion, a colleague who I'd told that I was in transition was amazed at how 'flat' everything looked there - she thought I was already post op.

So, for you it may be hard to believe. But it is fact and my own experience. Make of that what you will.

Abi,

I don't make things up and nor do I lie. I speak from experience and having actually used both prosthetic vaginas and the double panties method - I personally found the double panties to be cleaner, more comfortable and more hygienic. Oh, and I utilised this method of tucking for around 12 years (3 of which were during transition and so were for around 15 hours per day, 7 days per week). On one occasion, a colleague who I'd told that I was in transition was amazed at how 'flat' everything looked there - she thought I was already post op.

So, for you it may be hard to believe. But it is fact and my own experience. Make of that what you will.

Then you're just extremely lucky that the double panty method works for you. I have problems even with purpose-made gaffs and reliability.

Guest KerryUK

Abi, please remember that we are all friends here and want to help each other. I (like many others here) give up a lot of spare time to come here and help many people like yourself who come along asking for advice. I am not paid to do this and I do this whilst holding down a full time job. Any advice I give, is based on my own true life experiences okay?

I can, from experience of visiting these forums for a good few years now - say that there are many who have found the method I described above as being very effective. So, I am not alone in my 'luck'. Now, if this isn't for you - then I am sorry. However, the advice I gave was sound and given freely and was trying to save you from wasting valuable money. It was also given in kindness - therefore, I don't expect to be replied to with comments like 'I find that hard to believe' and find it somewhat offensive. Now, I'm sure you aren't meaning to be offensive and I really do hope that we can continue to chat on here as friends.

I just saw a new video of someone actually using the Gina Clip and putting panties on over it, and the appearance I have to say is terrible. There's still a very obvious unfeminine bump towards the front of the groin where a female groin should be flat and there's no bump lower where there would be one on a female groin. So that product is definitely a failure. Vee-string has already been established to be a poor product, as well as other products made in that same manner... That leaves only the Pro-V that no one seems to know anything about.

• Root Admin
That leaves only the Pro-V that no one seems to know anything about.

Why don't you try it and let us know how it works.