• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Skagit , at Fish Town , 18

Guest Kelly Girl

Guest Kelly Girl

The Magic Skagit before me

Her River I straddle

That fertile valley under my feet

An A6 Intruder scorches Her Aura

The Peas are scared ....

• Forum Moderator

I'll tip toe through the tulips in march...

Deception pass always beckons me,

The Tulalip outlet mall is favorite stop on the way up.

Very nice on the fishing there Kelly :thumbsup:

We had sockeye for dinner tonight, yummy

Guest Kelly Girl

I'll tip toe through the tulips in march...

Deception pass always beckons me,

The Tulalip outlet mall is favorite stop on the way up.

Very nice on the fishing there Kelly :thumbsup:

We had sockeye for dinner tonight, yummy

Hi there .

This actually came from a night I spent with Robert Sund , LaConner , Author Artist Poet , dead now . We were good friends , spent the night in his Stilt hut on the River , playing harmonica , smoking Skagit Weed , good times .

He taught me allot .

I spent my hippiness youth there , LaConner , Barbara Crams house , Mary Lynn was my gal , I used to work and hang out with Tom Robbins too :-)

• Forum Moderator

Sounds like a great time back then !

Yeah La Conner is awesome, the Skagit is like another world away, but it's like close by.

The river that took out I-5

Guest Kelly Girl

Sounds like a great time back then !

Yeah La Conner is awesome, the Skagit is like another world away, but it's like close by.

The river that took out I-5

A year ago Sarah my Wife and I were living in Bellingham , tried to find a way to locate in LaConner , too difficult , times have changed economically , there just isn't anything available there .

It told me though , some places , some eras are better a distant good memory rather than a good idea to try to recapture more of them :-)

Most magical times of my life were spent there , with all the cast and characters from Toms book Another Roadside Attraction , and the rest of Warhols buddies that ended up in Fish Town or LaConner . I was right in that stuff suckin it up with Bill Slater and Robert Sound and Tom Robbins Crew .

Tear in my eye , MAGIC ....

Thanks for sharing your response , I appreciate it , as never in a million years did I think ANYONE would know what I was talking about :-)

The night of the Full Moon Chicken Dinner.

:-) :-) :-)

• Forum Moderator

The late 60's and early 70's were magical times on both coasts. The artistic world was flourishing fueled perhaps by the feelings and substances of the summer of love. When i read the article Cyndi posted i was reminded of how so much depended on someone allowing us to live for free on their land. My wife and i started out with an old laundry truck as our home as i went to the new York Studio school in the west village. we were given a lovely spot where we could park and access to an odd out of the way bathroom. Then it was off to a chicken house in a commune outside of Princeton. Our creative juices certainly flowed. Work and the responsibility for a family slowly took control but fortunately now i'm able to reclaim some of that time when i'm working on a piece of sculpture or a painting.

I was always amazed that the art of the era is so often represented by the posters for shows. They were good but so much more was happening that has been forgotten. Many had moved away from the system and were making their own worlds.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Kelly Girl

The late 60's and early 70's were magical times on both coasts. The artistic world was flourishing fueled perhaps by the feelings and substances of the summer of love. When i read the article Cyndi posted i was reminded of how so much depended on someone allowing us to live for free on their land. My wife and i started out with an old laundry truck as our home as i went to the new York Studio school in the west village. we were given a lovely spot where we could park and access to an odd out of the way bathroom. Then it was off to a chicken house in a commune outside of Princeton. Our creative juices certainly flowed. Work and the responsibility for a family slowly took control but fortunately now i'm able to reclaim some of that time when i'm working on a piece of sculpture or a painting.

I was always amazed that the art of the era is so often represented by the posters for shows. They were good but so much more was happening that has been forgotten. Many had moved away from the system and were making their own worlds.

Hugs,

Charlize

Thanks for sharing that , you get it :-)

When I was sitting in Tom Robbins front room one day chatting and discussing his Warhols all over his walls , and how all the art around was so simple and yet so meaningful like Tom's Campbell Soup original from Andy and his Mao too . He said this is why he was so colorful in his writing , to complete the perfect spectrum.

That stuff stuck with me how Art and Word were the same , its quite lovely if you think about it :-)

I was Bill Slaters and Robert Sunds little protégée back in the early 80's , I was younger , they were my idols and teachers.

I learned true peace from them crazy illegitimate children .

Your story Charlize reminded of the Era gone by , yet with you and I it still is there permiating our total existence even to this very day .

Some Magic never dies ! :-)