• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Seeking advice

Pinkmoon

I had a topic posted, but got deleted by the site maintenance.  Go figure.  lol.

Anyways.  Was wondering how everyone deals with their CDing tendencies?  How did you learn about cloths, makeup, and anything else you do when CDing?

My wife knows about my liking for CDing, but she's one her self, even though she doesn't consider it that way.  She says she loves how male cloths fit her better than females.  I've accepted her without issue.  I'm not even bothered by the slightest bit.  Then there is my and I'm bothered a lot by the fact that I want to CD.  She goes out all the time is jeans and a T-shirt and I'm scared to death about going out with anything that looks too feminine.  The only exceptions I have are I have some women's north face Osito jackets that I love.  2 black, 1 powder blue (rarely will wear in public, never locally, have when it other towns/cities), and 1 pink one which is my favorite, but don't wear outside the house.  Pink is my fav color too.  I love soft things as well.  Fur boots, clothing, etc...  Problem I have is I have no one to talk to about this stuff.  Don't even have anyone to talk to in person.  Get help with dressing, get ideas from.  I'm alone in this area of things and that's why I don't do anything.  I lack the knowledge of everything and without guidance, I don't do anything.  Plus, I love the idea of going out fully dressed, assuming I'd be convincing, but I'm a 6'2" 300LB guy, so yeah, probably not going to happen.

How does everyone deal with this stuff?  Would love to meet others, but I'm so afraid of being seen by others around, so I keep to myself in my own house.  Even what little I've down in CDing is in my own house when I'm alone.  Would love to hear others stories in how you deal with this stuff.

• Forum Moderator

There has just been a background change with the site and a few posts were lost (one of mine went as well). It should settle down now.

When I started dressing I got a lot of information via the computer through Youtube and Google on makeup etc. Clothing via online stores. I used to look things up then go into town to checkout promising items. It is a good idea to look around you as to what other women are wearing. I think I did that all of my life so it is so natural to me that I did not consciously think about it.

When I seriously started out I did make a few boo boo's but they did help my confidence rather than hinder it. If you are really worried you could start by underdressing then continue to a more feminine cut of jeans etc. Take it gradually at first to gain confidence then continue to the full female, perhaps while visiting another (safe) area where you will have little worry about being recognised. Something I also did.

Tracy

Tracy

• Admin

One way to "work with it" would be to look in your area and see if there are TG support groups near you.  I know there are some in the larger cities, and if you are in the NW part of the state, Chicago has several of them whose members I know on line.  In addition, our here where I live we have several places where we are welcome and have loosely organized events where you can go as far as  you feel comfortable on any given night. As with the actual support groups, who may head to those places after or as part of their meetings, you can "talk technique" with most of the people there, you will also get a first hand look at what people do.  At any of those places, one set of panties (or not) will be your CD passport to the site, and you don't even have to show them.

PS: This was the answer I made to your post last nigh as the chips (computer chips) were getting ready to fly.

Guest AshleighP

There is TONS of information and advice available on YouTube, as was mentioned to teach you proper makeup application and other things. Totally agree about watching what women are wearing in your area. This can vary greatly from one geographic location to another. One of the best pieces of advice I have ever received is, blend in. Just because you like a particular outfit or style, doesn't mean it's going to go over when you're in public. 

Small steps, as suggested. Undressing, women's styles and colors that are not over the top. Most of all, be comfortable and confident in what you choose to wear. Practice dressing in the privacy and comfort of your home. The more you do it, the easier and more natural it becomes, so when you do step out out the door, you feel good about how you look.

i have always found it odd that women can wear men's clothing and it comes off as OK, even sexy. But, let a man wear even a conservative female outfit, and let the games and name calling begin.

Enjoy!

On 8/22/2016 at 4:57 AM, AshleighP said:

i have always found it odd that women can wear men's clothing and it comes off as OK, even sexy. But, let a man wear even a conservative female outfit, and let the games and name calling begin.

Oh Ashleigh - isn't that the truth!?!?