• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolyn Marie

Trans Priest Talks About Faith and Identity

VickySGV

I have not yet had the chance to meet Cameron is person, but we are members of a group where he posts often and we have shared ideas.  He was the FIRST Trans* clergyman to preach at the National Cathedral in Washington D.C. a year ago last June.  I know the other three Episcopal Church Trans* clergy as well, and love to speak with all of them.  The phrase here that "God is not static" in creation and that we do not have the final "WORD" on what makes up humanity is one that all of them share, and was also used in support of the Episcopal Church's decision to formulate a Naming Rite for Trans* members who transition in the church as I have done.

Alejandra

I think what needs to be noted here is this individual's early need to be close to God and to be of service.  You might note that from an early age his quest for a deeper understanding of theology. The reason that this is what caught my eye was that in my early years I felt a very strong calling to the priesthood. I have often wondered how I could answer that call as a woman since it is still currently forbidden within the Catholic Church.

Nevertheless, I believe that it was my closeness with God and my unshakeable faith that I, "should feel comforted by the idea that “God does see you, hear you, and will be with you”...that allowed me to find my way so early in my life.

“What would happen if we open ourselves up and decide not to be afraid?” Partridge said.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 77 Guests (See full list)

• Markjvp
    • ToniTone
    • Miseria
    • Jocelyn
    • A. Dillon
    • DonnaBall
    • AdriannaB
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

magical realism
    Newest Member
    magical realism

No users celebrating today
    • AdriannaB
      I have pepper spray in my purse and yes,I have had to use twice.I have my CCW as well
    • DonnaBall
      I was always afraid to fight my whole life and when I was a kid I got picked on a lot and was afraid to stand up to the bullies.  That's one of the reasons I wanted to be a girl.  The girls can be mean to each other but it never involves being physically hurt so I thought it was much safer to be a girl.    As far as avoiding danger, most cis women know how to do that.  You will never see a woman alone at night on a lonely street.  They have a good sense for their vulnerability and don't take risks. We need to think like a woman.  Hey...... we are women! 
    • DonnaBall
      Yes I know.  She is trying to take care of her mother from 1200 miles away.  She uses Visiting Angles most of the day but it's difficult when situations crop up. She's on the phone a lot!  As far as spiteful, you would have to know her to understand her.  She is a kind person and has been kind to me throughout this ordeal but cannot tolerate ANY crossdressing even when she is not home.  She has known about my TG for 34 years so there will be NO change in her attitude. She won't even read anything about it, if it's not from God it does not count.  She feels the secular world has a lot of things wrong. Otherwise she is a loving person to everyone, never judges people and never complains, whines or nags.  First it's a religious thing with her and of course she feels it's ruining her life.  She thinks I have a choice and I am just believing a lie from Satin.  That's what I have to work with and of course I can't win when God is used.  So far she has been very reasonable with the financial settlement and that's the most important thing to me, but I wonder where she places in the spectrum of wives responses.  Is she average, or extremely uncooperative?    I just want to get this separation overwith and I am being careful not to respond to her infrequent anger about her situation.   
    • Robin68
      Hi Jackie,   I have experienced a few disconnections from the site and this undoubtedly explains why. I hope you can resolve the technical problems soon! 🤗    
    • ToniTone
      I always wanted to take aikido. It looks effective. 
    • Susan R
      @Charlize @Jani Thank you both for the reassurance.  I never want to ruin a good thing with a family relationship.  I was playing it safe to some degree but when you have only bits and pieces of a particular situation you’re serving an entree of ‘best guess’ with a side of ‘wisdom’.   Thanks again, Susan R🌷
    • Jani
      Well yes and no.  My dad still uses the nickname I used for decades.  It sounds silly when he does it.  My wife even commented on it when we last saw them.  I'm at the point of not caring anymore since I'm comfortable with who I am and if its said loud enough in public, he's the one who seems odd.  Plus we don't see my parents face to face regularly.   So the daughter just may see it as not worth the effort.    This would be a nice outcome.     Jani
    • Aidan5
      Hey Spence! Welcome to the forum, we welcome you with open arms    
    • Charlize
      I would have done the same thing you did Susan.  I say that from my own experience.  It has taken my son many years to properly name me and not refer to me as Dad in public.  When we are together in private it doesn't bother me but in public it can cause confusion and embarrassment.  If the woman does use her daughters chosen name and it disturbers her daughter i'm sure she will say something.  My guess is that she would see it as a final acceptance.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Susan R
      Thanks ladies, I trust both of you for your sage advice.   Susan R🌷
    • magical realism
      Thanks susan, and you dont have to think i was putting up with anything, its just nice to hear im not completely alone even in some small way,heh
    • Aidan5
      Haha that's true.     He is so hyper and excited all the time it is adorable and hard to keep up with him, and I thought I was hyper!! But I really think he was throwing some hints at me and I am definitely taking them and keeping them. He seems like the kind who likes to tease playfully so I better watch out haha.  
    • VickySGV
      Asking the Trans person is always in good taste and correct manners.  My only caution is to do it at a private time between the two of them.  
    • Susan R
      Welcome Magical Realism, a pleasure to meet you...You are not alone in this at all.  I too have been having dreams like this.  I’ve had them for decades but since going full time they now have changed slightly. Mine were a little different [pre-transition] in that the fact that I was presenting male except I had breasts accompanied by a bra under my male clothes. The funny thing is that in almost every dream, the people in the dream were unknowing of my little secret until later in the dream, I eventually always get outed by some ridiculous circumstance..lol.  But oddly enough, since actively starting my transition, I am always presenting as Susan.  It’s almost as if my subconscious is aware of my conscious activities...(kidding)   Well Magical Realism, thanks for putting up with my ramblings. These things happen from time to time. I’m glad you came aboard...hope you stay for the ride.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • Jackie C.
      I would have been a little more direct and said, "Maybe you should ask her." That's just me though. I can't think of a reason I would be uncomfortable if my mother started calling me by my actual legal name and using the correct pronouns. Well, I might be a little skeeved out. We're not close and she's been hostile about it up until now. She'd be up to something. Your new friend though, she seems sincere.   I don't see anything wrong with your answer. It never hurts to try and make a loved one more comfortable when you're talking to them.   Hugs!
  • Upcoming Events