• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Leg attire

Redjezika

Not sure if this topic has been discussed here, I did a search for pantyhose and came up empty handed. 

I'm a nylon lover. I love how they look and more so I love how they feel. 

My favorite nylons to wear are suntan sheer energy however today a pair of cheerleader panthyhose showed up on my doorstep. They don't feel as good as sheer energy but they look fantastic and they cover up a lot. I'm not sure if they'd cover up hair . They do hide all the blemishes on my legs.

What's your favorite leg attire?

• Forum Moderator

Wow Marcie, I've never considered patterned tights.  I'll have to look into them.  I have some plain black ones I wear in the fall and winter, that's all

Jani

For me I find panty hose and tights to confining I have found that thigh high tights and hose work much better!

There hard to find in the US  Bit they can be had on the web from Europe for a very low cost!

different denier (thin or thick)  they call the Hold-ups!  wonderful I' so happy the cool weather is back!   hugs Eden

For my part, I love pantyhose and tights. I have an uncountable number of pairs, colors, paterns. I don't get to wear them much as I live in a rural area and usually end up wearing jeans or shorts so I don't stick out like a sore thumb.

I WOULD however be interested in a fashion site dedicated to wearing tights, and how to fit them in to more combinations :D

• Forum Moderator

I have lots of different colours of tights that I have collected over the years but have seldom gone beyond black and burgundy perhaps due to the attention they would get. I started to wear stockings in the summer as I find tights uncomfortable when worn all day. I am still not sure about them but they are good in the hotter weather. As mentioned by Redjezika, they do hide blemishes so are useful even when it is hot.

Now the winter is here I wear my fleece lined tights. To the casual observer they may look more like leggings due to their thickness. Last spring in the sales I got some cable knit tights. They will make an interesting change due to their patterning.

Most of the time round home and immediate area I wear leggings rather than tights.

Well Kaylee, I think that applies to most anywhere here in So Cal.  While I do see more tights paired with various outfits since it's cooling off a little here, it's not like the Northwest, Midwest, or East coast.  Tights, tunic/dress, and boots/booties are uniform in those areas from what I've experienced.  Although these last couple of days, I've switched from my usual dress pants/blouse/flats to tights and booties.  While the rest of our sisters here will laugh at me, I find the mid-60's to low 50's in the late afternoon & evenings "cold" so definitely tights for me.  :-)

I actually stopped wearing them in May just before I came out at work. I did wear some black pantyhose to work in June one day though for a business function. Not a pleasant experience--definitely too warm. 

Guest noeleena

Hi ,

Not a subject I bother to much about most of the time I wear black socks  with boots or flat heed shoes  except when im in concert with our Orchestra or Brass Bands , and will tomorrow be wearing black tights a black long skirt and shoes blouse in white and ruffled in front and uniform jacket and hat and or  white  head wear depending ,

...noeleena...

• Forum Moderator

I do love pattern tights with dresses and skirts.

Leggings for exercise and everyday wear. Just bought a pair of cute "camo" leggings recently, and I love how my lower body looks these days wearing leggings. I can be proud of what I've accomplished, not afraid to show it....

Guest Eve Caillard

It was pantyhose (or "tights" as they are known here in the UK) that plunged me into discovering I am a CD. Nowadays I wear suspenders and stockings They're cooler around the groin, make life easy for a trip to the loo, sensual to wear, etc. Since I wear them a lot, I choose 60 denier lycra-dense stockings that look like socks to the casual eye. So I wear them around home, sometimes work, too. I can't come out, so I keep them discreet (although my wife is fully aware of my CD life). They are so warm and slinky in cold weather. In the summer I do have to leave them off.

I also adore wet-look leggings, fine low-denier stockings, etc, too!

Guest AshleighP

I have to say that I LOVE tights of all colors. I have tons of them, stockings too. In the cooler weather I wear them almost every day under my work clothes. The extra layer helps keep my legs warm, plus I just love how they feel.  I have said many times, one of the best feelings in the world is freshly shaved legs, lotion, and a pair of tights. 

Tights were also for me, my first foray into cross dressing. I'm not sure what ever made me try on a pair of my sisters tights, but it was what started it all.

I know what you mean Briana, California (specifically so cal) is more a bare legs area. Strange how clothing styles are sometimes... "geographical" in nature... even when weather allows for it.

Deep down, I know I belong someplace like San Fransisco or Seattle (where you may see it more often). It's just stuck in my personality. I flew to SF for a day a few months back, and everyone was staring at me because I was in shorts, and everyone else was wearing heavy coats ha ha.

Viviennemichelle, I tried Stocking HQ, but firstly... it's dangerous to send me to a site that sells tights ha ha. I already have... "more than any woman should have" according to a friend.

Anyhoo, I was unable to get into the forums. Blocked by an error, and ignored by support. My goal was really to find ways to incorporate tights into a more casual wardrobe.

Hugs,

Kaylee

Kaylee,

I just got an order from target today. 2 pairs Q+ leggs sheer energy and a pair of sheer silken mist thigh highs. Needless to say both fit amazing and the sheer energy has a better "shine" than the cheerleader hose. I couldn't be happier.....though my shaved legs look really good and "shine" quite fine without any hose. 

Happy dressing?

For me it's Hanes Stockings in silken mist. I love the Barley Black, Nude, Suntan and Off White colors. Also love lace stockings.  I also prefer garter belts for the ease and comfort plus there totaly feminine to me. Amber 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I kind of had the unique experience of being advised by my doctor to wear tights for circulation purposes and so I took that ball and ran with its,

i wear Spanx tights with the high waist and shape could ntouring.

i am far more comfortable wearing tights or pantyhose than wearing socks. In fact, last week I added a pair of yoga pants over my Spanx and the look was just amazing! That evening as my wife and daughter and I were sitting down for supper, they both noticed the look and I blushed with pride.

i am battling Lymphatic Leukemia, and so have decided that I am at least going to be comfortable every day. I am shopping around now for comfortable clothes that accentuate my best feature(my legs) and won't draw too much attention as I get out and about.

the hard part is finding camisoles for my body type. I am a BBW and most Camisoles simply are way too short and never even cover my belly button. I wish there were more options for people as tall as me. I would prefer to wear a camp as my top than t-shirts over bras and such.

i do feel lucky that my family understands what I am going through.

On 12/21/2016 at 2:49 AM, Jenny Leigh said:

am shopping around now for comfortable clothes that accentuate my best feature(my legs) and won't draw too much attention as I get out and about.

the hard part is finding camisoles for my body type. I am a BBW and most Camisoles simply are way too short and never even cover my belly button. I wish there were more options for people as tall as me. I would prefer to wear a camp as my top than t-shirts over bras and such.

i

First of all my thoughts and prayers are with you as you battle your leukemia.

Old Navy has tall and Xtra tall leggings and yoga pants however, these are available online only. I just had a couple pairs delivered last week. (I am over 6'2") they are plenty long.

For your cami's try Long Tall Sally, online store

5 hours ago, Redjezika said:

First of all my thoughts and prayers are with you as you battle your leukemia.

Old Navy has tall and Xtra tall leggings and yoga pants however, these are available online only. I just had a couple pairs delivered last week. (I am over 6'2") they are plenty long.

For your cami's try Long Tall Sally, online store

5 hours ago, Redjezika said:

Thank you for your prayers, and for the advice.

Well, I kind of had the unique experience of being advised by my doctor to wear tights for circulation purposes and so I took that ball Andrew  ran with its,

i wear Spanx tights with the high waist and shape could ntouring.

i am far more comfortable wearing tights or pantyhose than wearing socks. In fact, last week I added a pair of yoga pants over my Spanx and the look was just amazing! That evening as my wife and daughter and I were sitting down for supper, they both noticed the look and I blushed with pride.

i am battling Lymphatic Leukemia, and so have decided that I am at least going to be comfortable every day. I am shopping around now for comfortable clothes that accentuate my best feature(my legs) and won't draw too much attention as I get out and about.

i do feel lucky that my family understands what I am going through.