• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Well I'm bummed...

Briana

I had a wig fitting appointment today and I messed up the time.  I thought it was 4 to 5 p.m. but it was 3 to 4 p.m.  I showed up a few minutes before 4 thinking "oh boy I'm early" and they had already locked the door.  I didn't realize they closed at 4 on Saturdays and I put the wrong times in my calendar.  Beans!  Anyway, she came to the door and said, "come on in."  I told her I didn't want to cut into her evening and we rescheduled for Wednesday. It's a one woman shop and I know how hard that is on your social & family life so I wanted to be respectful  She's wonderful to work with and had great prices and quality products so I like to go to her.   I refer cancer patients that live in the area to her when I have to opportunity.

She also threw me for a loop as I was leaving.  She told me I looked marvelous today.  What??  I've never had anyone tell me that.  Heart of hearts, I know I really don't and I get "made" 100% of the time.  Oh well, don't care though.  Anyway, I got really really embarrassed but told her thank you and it was more than kind of her to say so. .  

After that I went to Tractor Supply and scared all of them...and got a weeks worth of chickon feed and then on to Starbucks for the evening.  I love their flat white coffee drink. 

• Forum Moderator

Hi Briana, this story just illustrates how one little nice comment can make a difference, then you smile just a little more for the next person and on and on. Celebrate human kindness, how ever and when ever we can !

I hope your day is a good one, good luck with the new wig next week.

C -

• Forum Moderator

That was certainly a nice compliment.  I doubt that you scared the chicken feed out of the folks at Tractor Supply. I have great fun there with the ladies and guys that run our local store.  I have no idea if they know my history but we laugh and talk about critters and making syrup.  The guys get a kick out of me backing the dump truck into the back lot and then helping as i can to load.  

Great luck with a new wig.  It is amazing how feeling that a wig looks right can give me great confidence in myself.

Hugs,

Charlize