• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Vicky

hair regrowth?

Guest Vicky

I have been on Finestaride for more than a year, and just started Rogain. Very depressed about my hair situation. About 10 years ago, I lost quite a bit of hair, and I can't see much improvement from these medication. From the front, I look like I have a nice, long hair, but from the back, the male pattern baldness is quite evident...Not sure what to do, I would refrain from wigs, maybe Bosley is a good solution? Is there anybody who could please share positive hair-regrowth experience with Bosley or other solutions? Thank you in advance....

Hugs,

Vicky

StephanieVikingGirl

Hi Vicky,

Everyone is different of course, so your mileage may vary, but when I went on HRT my hair began some significant regrowth.  I hope that it might be the same for you, but there are no guaranties.  Others will probably post their experiences as well.

hugs,

Stephanie

Guest Vicky

Thank you for sharing Stephanie :) I wish it could happen to me too!

Guest Kaylee

Hello Vicky, 

I totally understand how you feel about the hair. When I was young, but old enough to make my choices regarding hair length,  I grew it out right away. It was the first way I was able to express my identity,  out side of my bedroom. For me,  hair is very important. 

I started rogaine about 2 months after coming out (3 years ago) . I have hair loss front and back,  and it was pretty bad. I didn't notice much of a change after 6 months on rogaine,  so I researched additional options. 

I ran across an article that discussed "microneedling",  where a small roller with needles is used to break up  the skin surrounding the base of the hair follicles,  allowing the rogaine to properly penitrate. I also added a shampoo/conditioner "Nioxin",  said to help open pores as well. After an additional 5 months,  I started to notice an increase in hair growth, but not to the extent of it helping me have the glorious mane I once did. 

Another 7 months, and I was expecting to require a hair transplant.  I sent out for information,  and explained my situation.  I actually receieved one reply that basically said it would take extreme transplants,  and many proceedures to get what I desired.  (basically,  I was in really bad shape). I decided on one last shot before paying for a transplant,  and requested my endo perscribe Finisteride. 

It's been 19 months, and while it's very slow,  I do have very (very)  short additional growth all over my head.( about 3/4 inch)  Even my hair line has advanced quite a bit. It's the combination of everything for me.  I find that if I slack off of any one of these things for a time,  that I see a little bit of hair loss.  

Hang in there,  it  takes a really long time,  and figuring out what works right.

Hugs, 

Kaylee  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 146 Guests (See full list)

• Krisvm
    • Clara
    • SaraAW
    • MaryMary
    • Jackie C.
    • Tophala
    • Adrian Doyle
    • Lilbitconfused97
    • Thomasina
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

ErinElizabeth
    Newest Member
    ErinElizabeth

1. Angie.Dee
      Angie.Dee
      (28 years old)
    2. Charlie8
      Charlie8
      (16 years old)
    3. jade2003bs
      jade2003bs
    4. wolfsirens
      wolfsirens
      (22 years old)
    • Adrian Doyle
      Oh! Please do! That sounds awesome! ٩( ᐛ )و
    • NB Adult
      As a fellow human being and long time trans person, let me assure you that there is nothing wrong with you, and I'm basing that on your description of your physical self. I think what's ruining it for you is your hypersensitivity over how you are being seen by others. That in and of itself can be devastating to one's public persona. I was friends with a very passable post-op MtF and whenever we went out in public she would begin to look furtively around to see if anyone was staring at her or whispering, winking at eachother or nodding as if they had read her, she was so self conscious that she actually drew attention to herself which only served to out her to others and left her feeling devastated. I'm sure that this is exactly what you are doing inadvertantly, you can work your way past it on your own or discuss it with a counselor who might even fix you up with a hypnotherapist who can get you past it. Good luck my friend!
    • Aidan5
      Thank you for the kind replies.    Also thinking about posting some of my artwork after school!
    • Lucca
      As an American, I'm very curious how the UK government's National Health Service functions for transgender people. I hear a lot of trans people talk about it in passing as part of their transition, but not fully explain their experience for the benefit of people who don't live there and aren't very familiar with it. I know the basics  of what it is (it's a government/socialized healthcare system as opposed to the mostly private/for-profit American one), and I get the impression that it covers a lot of trans medical expenses at no cost, but the wait list is super long, so some people end up paying for private care anyway. So, to any Brits out there, what has been your experience with the NHS? Just curious.
    • NB Adult
      Two thumbs up Aidan!
    • NB Adult
      Vicky is so right about that! Dating to me was really just a means of initiating a possible friendship which is usually established once the other party began to see me as non threatening and a nice person to spend time with. The question of a possible sexual relationship, if at all, might come much later based on IF all the emotional factors between two people mutually click. 
    • Adrian Doyle
      I’m glad that she was pretty accepting! Have a great day!
    • VickySGV
      Transphobia comes in when the person decides sight unseen that they would never consider a Trans person as a viable dating option and when they find themselves attracted to a Trans person becomes violent toward the Trans person from personal disgust and self loathing.  It is the reasoning behind the decision.    I do get a feeling of disgust at the idea that "Dating" is actually a euphemism for SEX.  Maybe I am too old, but Dating was a way of getting to know a person intellectually and emotionally long before SEX entered the picture.  I Dated many people with the idea of having companionship and enjoyment of common interests, and only Dated people for those reasons.  I buy dinner or show tickets for many friends whom I have no sexual interest in although some hand holding and a hug or two are welcome with boundaries we both honor. 
    • Aidan5
      Morning everyone. Got to school safely and now in 2nd period American Lit. Hope everyone is having a great day.    Yesterday night I came out to my stepmom as bisexual and she was pretty accepting. I held back on telling them because I didn't want them to think I was a lesbian, (Noting against them, I am just a guy).
    • TammyAnne
      I can't say I disagree. After all, if coercing someone into having sex is viewed as rape, then how would it be different forcing/coercing someone to begin dating a person they don't feel attraction to? The heart loves who/what it loves. Labeling someone phobic over those choices doesn't make it better. I'm open to being with anyone I'm attracted to, regardless of gender. I'm not open to being with someone I'm not attracted to, regardless of their gender nomenclature or equipment.
    • Lucca
      It's just, I can't think of anything that would irritate me more or make me more uncomfortable than someone telling me I had to want to have sex with them or else I'm morally wrong.
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Now that's when you can say you are NB.  When no one knows and has to ask.  LOL  
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Monday morning Blaaa.  Coffee is gone.  Now I suppose I have to get somethings done at work. Some of which mean heading out to go do inspection at remote clinics around the hospital campus.  Its so cold out too.  Sigh. Oh well.  Its money...    
    • NB Adult
      This is not a unique thing Ronan, I started HRT back in 94 and have never officially "Came Out" to anyone. As the changes took place everyone just assumed that I have become different. I've even been asked by nervy people who don't even know me if I'm MtF or FtM and I think it's hilarious, and I usually respond with, "I dunno, take your pick!" 
    • Lilbitconfused97
      Thank you for the replies! Although it is sad to hear that you both had self-destructive behaviour, it is comforting to hear that others treated themselves the same way. I always felt angry that I couldn't just treat myself with respect and be a well-rounded 'boy'.    It seems as though the next step is try and talk to a gender therapist, as although the councillor I see at university is kind and caring, I think she is very out of her depth with my issues.    I am glad to hear that both of you came out of the tunnel on the other side! If you can do it so can I.    Hugs, Tom. 
  • Upcoming Events