• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Big T Question

Hello everyone. Well I find myself in unfamiliar waters. Never thought I'd be posting here. First everything is awesome at home. Wife is fully accepting. Totally enjoying are time together. Now here's the big news. She asked me last night if I had ever thought about transitioning got to admit that one came out of left field. I asked what brought that to her mind and apparently she has been doing a lot of on line studying.  She knows how happy I am when I'm dressed as Amber. She told me if I wanted to explore the possibility to transition she'd support it. I beginning to think she likes Amber better lol.  I know in the past I've always thought about what it would be like to transition. Thing is as much as I enjoy my feminine side I also enjoy the male side but not as much as being feminine. I guess I have something else now to figure out. I also wonder how things will go outside the house. If anyone has any input by all means feel free to share it. Hugs to everyone. Amber. 

Ask her if it would be ok if you try being Amber for a weekend, and if that is ok try being Amber for a week, For me it was one thing to be dressed, quite another to out in about as female for long periods of time. For me, I could not stand switching back fo "him".

58 minutes ago, MarcieMarie12 said:

Ask her if it would be ok if you try being Amber for a weekend, and if that is ok try being Amber for a week, For me it was one thing to be dressed, quite another to out in about as female for long periods of time. For me, I could not stand switching back fo "him".

Thanks Marcie. I'll give it try. Hugs. Amber

Hey again. Either me or my wife are confused. If I transition does it mean I start HRT. She seems to think so. I don't think that's what I really want. Maybe it would be better if I told her I wanted to try full time. I like the term transition but if that means HRT then I'm out   Guess I'll talk to her about being a full timer. Hugs. Amber 

Transitioning is different for different people. Some people start HRT before going full time, others are full time before they start HRT. Some don't ever start HRT. Transitions are inherently different for different persons because we (as transpersons) all have different needs. 

18 minutes ago, MarcieMarie12 said:

Transitioning is different for different people. Some people start HRT before going full time, others are full time before they start HRT. Some don't ever start HRT. Transitions are inherently different for different persons because we (as transpersons) all have different needs. 

Thank you so much Marcie. That helps so much. I'll show you post to my misses. She comes on here using my account and reads / studies what the forums say here. I've said it I don't know how many times but just don't what I'd do with out everyone here at Laura's. Hugs to you. Amber L 

36 minutes ago, Fiona said:

Absolutely, as many different transpeople, there are differences in their transition. A person goes as far as THEY NEED to go. 

Thank you Fiona. I knew if I asked I'd get plenty of loving advice. Hugs. Amber

Well here is another question. Everything is fine at home and when I go out but work is going to be another hole bag of worms. There are a few of those over the hill majo types and I can just bet that will be an issue. When I'm out traveling it's great but the days I'm in the office are what concerns me. I think I should just leave well enough alone. Thanks for the input. Amber

• Admin

You will have to find your comfort level there and you are the one who determines IF you are comfortable.  You might split the difference and go a little on the andro side of what you wear, pushing it until you get pushback from the others if it will make you feel better and more productive.  Again, it is what YOU can do.

• Forum Moderator

Hi Amber.  I'm sorry I haven't replied to your post yet but I have tried to keep up with it.  It sounds like you've reached a good point with your wife and that is great.  As far as work goes Vicky is correct that you alone have to find your comfort zone.  I note that you selected Crossdresser as the Gender marker in your profile.   That is well within the transgender umbrella and it is a perfect place to be for many girls and guys that may not want or feel comfortable going further because HRT, social transition or medical transition is not for them.  Many of us have crossdressed for years.  As Marcie and Fiona relate we all have our differing needs and desires and no one journey is the "correct" one.  Yours is the correct one.  

While outward appearances of androgyne might draw unwanted attention at work you could always underdress.  Many of us have done that and I can say that it definitely quells the dysphoria.   Find a point where you, and your wife, are happy.  That said, be you and make it fun!

Jani  

52 minutes ago, Jani423 said:

Hi Amber.  I'm sorry I haven't replied to your post yet but I have tried to keep up with it.  It sounds like you've reached a good point with your wife and that is great.  As far as work goes Vicky is correct that you alone have to find your comfort zone.  I note that you selected Crossdresser as the Gender marker in your profile.   That is well within the transgender umbrella and it is a perfect place to be for many girls and guys that may not want or feel comfortable going further because HRT, social transition or medical transition is not for them.  Many of us have crossdressed for years.  As Marcie and Fiona relate we all have our differing needs and desires and no one journey is the "correct" one.  Yours is the correct one.  

While outward appearances of androgyne might draw unwanted attention at work you could always underdress.  Many of us have done that and I can say that it definitely quells the dysphoria.   Find a point where you, and your wife, are happy.  That said, be you and make it fun!

Jani  

Thanks Jani. I have been underdressing for a while now. I love the support you and everyone else her showed to me. Just going to go slow and see where this new part of my journey takes me. Hugs. Amber 

34 minutes ago, viviennemichelle said:

Oh Amber what wonderful news,I wish you all the luck in your new journey, the relief must be amazing, I suppose it goes to show that sometimes it pays to let your other half know,

hugs

viviennemichelle

Thanks Vivienne. I really didn't let her know she figured it out on her own. To be honest I really didn't know how her finding out my dressing would go. I know we love each other totally. It was difficult at the beginning. She's a smart and caring women and she did a lot of studying on the subject and asked lots of tough questions. She's the love of my life and I thank god for her each day. Hugs. Amber