Carolyn Marie

Martin Landau, Star In "Ed Wood" Dies at 89

Carolyn Marie   
Carolyn Marie

http://enewspaper.latimes.com/desktop/latimes/default.aspx?pubid=50435180-e58e-48b5-8e0c-236bf740270e

For those of you too young to remember, Ed Wood was a writer, producer and director in the 1950's and 60's, directing B movies and cult classics like "Plan 9 From Outer Space."  The movie "Ed Wood" was a biopic.  Why Mr. Landau's obit is here is because Ed Wood was a cross dresser, and the movie about him had one of the earliest depictions, a very sensitive and well done depiction, of a cross dresser in film history.  Martin Landau played Bela Lugosi in the film, and won a Best Supporting Actor award.  He was also a regular on Mission Impossible and played character roles in many movies.

Carolyn Marie

Jani423   
Jani423

I knew of Ed Wood but didn't know that.  I read of Martin Landau's passing this morning.  A wonderful actor.

Jani

CyndiRae   
CyndiRae

He was a very talented actor,

I particularly enjoyed the short lived sci fi drama "Space 1999" (mid 70's) and of course Mission Impossible was a huge hit....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space:_1999

Kenna Dixon   
Kenna Dixon
10 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

Why Mr. Landau's obit is here is because Ed Wood was a cross dresser, and the movie about him had one of the earliest depictions, a very sensitive and well done depiction, of a cross dresser in film history. 

For anyone who's interested in seeing Wood's film "Glen or Glenda", it's available on YouTube.  The trailer's worth watching, too.