• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New here. Super Confused. What am I?

TiaMaria

Hi everyone…

Ok… so this is the first time I’ve posted here so, I’m sorry if I say anything offensive or out of place. So for a long time now, I’ve been questioning myself and whether or not I may be MtF transgender. I love the idea of being able to start HRT and begin transition to female, but even though I want this I still don’t feel like I fit the norm of being transgender. I don’t think I feel like a woman, and I haven’t known about these feelings my entire life like some transgender people do.

I mean… it’s like I can imagine it all the time, but then it’s like reality hits and I keep hearing the same things in my head like “You’ll always be a boy” and stuff like that and it just starts really bumming me out. I say this cause people say I look really boyish. I’m also afraid that if I did try to transition, I’d look like a guy in a dress instead of passing as a girl.

Does anyone have any advice for any of this? Does it sound like I may be transgender? What should I do?

Some more info:

·         Pretty sure I’m only attracted to girls

·         Don’t really know if I want to present as female all the time

·         Afraid of coming out to people(especially my transphobic family)

·         Super jealous of… like, ALL WOMEN!!

• Root Admin

Hello TiaMaria,

Welcome to TransPulse. :) It's not uncommon to have confusion as to where you actually fit in. A gender therapist could help you in this respect. Without knowing more about your circumstances, this is the best advice I can offer. Fell free to browse the forums for information and ask questions. We'll do our best to help.  

http://www.transgenderpulse.com/gender-therapists

MaryEllen

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Tia Maria.  Take some time and read the posts of others here.  You are certainly not alone.  Many question their identity but reading, posting and then talking to a GT as Mary Ellen suggested can certainly help.

Hugs,

Charlize

Hello MaryEllen,

Thank you for the welcome :) 

Um... If it's okay I could tell you more about myself and maybe you could tell me what you think I might be?? 

• Admin

Hi Tia,

I don't want to preempt any conversation MaryEllen might be willing to have with you, but I will say that by and large the only person who can decide what label - if any label - fits you is you.  That's why she recommended talking things through with a gender therapist - doing so will help quite a bit in sorting out which gender(s) you want to claim as your own.

• Admin
9 hours ago, TiaMaria said:

Some more info:

·         Pretty sure I’m only attracted to girls

·         Don’t really know if I want to present as female all the time

·         Afraid of coming out to people(especially my transphobic family)

·         Super jealous of… like, ALL WOMEN!!

None of those points make you Trans* and NONE of them make you "NOT TRANS".  If  your gender ideas are bothering you to the point where you have come here to ask questions, then you are not absolutely Cis Gender.  If you were that, there would be no questions to ask, and this is a good place to share feelings and experiences, and read others in order for you to make best use of Gender Counseling as has been pointed out above.  I am a woman of Trans* history and there is absolutely no reason to be jealous of me, so take the ALL out up there and it will be easier to talk to us.

Many who are trans struggle to come to terms with what it means to them and how it will impact their life. Therapy is the best place to start to sort out your feelings. The best thing for you may well be Transition and HRT but it is a massive step that will impact you in every little corner of your life you can think of from picking up some milk at the local store to going into work(if that's your thing). 

Finding a good therapist is part of the key to working out where you fit in.

Liz

8 hours ago, TiaMaria said:

Hello MaryEllen,

Thank you for the welcome :) 

Um... If it's okay I could tell you more about myself and maybe you could tell me what you think I might be?? 

Certainly you are welcome to tell more. Tell you what you are we probably cannot do. We can compare journeys, help you to feel like you are not the only one on the planet feeling this way.

You can experiment carefully without ruining your life, at some point later on like passing over a series of one way tire grates. The more you pass, the more no turning back. No need for fear, but be sure to go in with both eyes open. Welcome. Please feel at home and ask all the question you like.

VickySGV, I am sorry if I upset you. I am still not good at explaining this stuff.

Let me try again:

Ok…

·         I’m 22 years  old AMAB

·         I’ve never felt like I was like other boys

·         I’ve always wished that I could have been born female

·         I’ve still never really felt like a girl, and I can never say “I am a girl”, I can just say that I “wanted to be a girl”(If that makes sense)

·         Don’t know if I would like to present as female all the time

·         Afraid that transitioning will make my family hate me

• Admin
7 minutes ago, TiaMaria said:

VickySGV, I am sorry if I upset you. I am still not good at explaining this stuff.

No upset at all, I have been doing this moderation job on the Forums for 6 years, and I am used to doing some teaching and sometimes reaching to get the person to look at themselves.  In the beginning it is almost impossible for any of us to comprehend.  At your age I did not have even as much language to use to speak about it as you have in your posts.

Family is a huge issue and it will take some time and care to deal with them, but as you note your age at 22, I was fighting a major battle with my father over what career I wanted instead of the one he was urging me into and never got near the gender issue back then. It is a process that takes time and needs help from others such as Gender Therapists to get ready for family enlightenment and find out what really will happen.

I have spent time in many "support groups" and many more nights in clubs with people for whom one night every three or four months, or maybe one three day dressing binge in a year at a convention was all they needed to control their GD monster.  I wish I could have been one of them from time to time, but no luck there.

31 minutes ago, TiaMaria said:

·         I’ve always wished that I could have been born female

·         I’ve still never really felt like a girl, and I can never say “I am a girl”, I can just say that I “wanted to be a girl”(If that makes sense)

It makes perfect sense to me, but then I have just gotten home from a whole evening of being with Trans* people who don't look like anything  but who are just, super nice, great people

Hey TiaMaria! :)  Welcome!! 

58 minutes ago, TiaMaria said:

I’ve always wished that I could have been born female

·         Don’t know if I would like to present as female all the time

·         Afraid that transitioning will make my family hate me

I can relate to all of these (except I'm AFAB). The second point about "wanting to be a girl" as opposed to saying you ARE a girl is one that particularly hits home with me and has caused a fair bit of confusion. XP 
Unfortunately, I haven't come to any conclusions about myself so I can only say that you are not alone in feeling this and if you want to talk I'm around here, get it and we can struggle through together. :)

Also, while family is important, it may be easier to get your thoughts straight if you only worry about what You want and who You really are, at the moment. You can deal with how you should tell your family and how they might react after you know more about yourself. If you want to know who you really are you don't want to scare yourself into denial because of how your family might react.

Goodluckk and I hope you find Transpulse helpful. :) 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 116 Guests (See full list)

• Faye1972
    • Petra Jane
    • Karen Carey
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

taxicab
    Newest Member
    taxicab

1. Amyjay
      Amyjay
      (58 years old)
    2. bettyjean
      bettyjean
    3. Breanna
      Breanna
      (52 years old)
    4. Emily Ayla
      Emily Ayla
    5. JET182
      JET182
    • Susan R
      Love it! This is great news. We need more of this to combat the excessive hate-filled rhetoric and misinformation. 👍
    • Susan R
      The experience was the same for me @April Marie. I slept much deeper and I woke up each morning feeling so much more restful sleeping with forms solidly in place. For me, wearing breast forms at night started when before I was a teenager. I had no access up to modern breast forms and certainly no way to buy mastectomy bras back then. I wore a basic bra my mom had put in a donation box and two pairs of soft cotton socks. I have some crazy memories of things I did in my youth to combat my GD but regardless, these makeshift concoctions helped me work through it all.   All My Best, Susan R🌷
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Colorado isn't exactly a Republican place, and won't become one anytime soon.  I think those folks might be better off not spending their time playing Don Quixote.    We certainly have our share of California "refugees" moving into where I live, so I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing Coloradans too.  I suspect the trend over the next few years will see the blue areas getting more blue and the red areas getting more red as anybody who can relocate tries to find a place where they fit better.   
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Well, at least it'll be a place some folks could choose.  Options are a good thing.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      My family would have gobbled that jar up in a minute or two.  When we do have pickled herring, its usually for Christmas.  I didn't grow up with that particular dish, but I grew up in a Greek family so I like just about any kind of fish if I can get it.  However, ocean fish and freshwater fish taste so different.  We usually have more catfish and tilapia to eat than anything else.    What I can't quite get used to is the tons of cabbage my GF insists on eating.  When you live with a Russian, there is always cabbage soup.  Always.  When I first moved in with her, breakfast was "shchi" for soup and either bread or "kasha" which is a bowl of boiled buckwheat with butter and salt.  Those dishes can be made in any number of ways, some are better than others.  In the winter, it can even be salty and sour like kraut.  Not exactly sauerkraut, but packed in tubs with vinegar and salt so it keeps partially for the winter.  But I drew the line when the cabbage soup included pieces of fried snake one day.  😆
    • Ashley0616
      Good evening to you as well @Mmindy   That is awesome that you have support from her side. My dad has communicated with me once and that was because he was forced to. His new wife wanted to spend time with my kids. He hated me so much he was in the process of taking my rights away as a parent to my two boys. He was talking to a lawyer and I called him out on it. I don't love him at all. I'll respect him because I wouldn't be here without him but I wished I had another father. My uncles don't talk to me and unfriended me on Facebook. Almost all cousins except for two are still Facebook friends but they don't give me any support. My mom said she won't support me with that but she has said that she loves me. I have nieces and nephews that are still Facebook friends but they have yet to talk to me. I have one sister that supports me out of three. The other's disrespect me by deadnaming me. They have never called me their sister. I think for them they think it's still a phase. They don't ask questions about me being trans. I have to bring it up and on the look of their faces they don't look comfortable about it. 
    • Mmindy
      Good evening @Ashley0616,   I just got offline with HP tech support trying to get my printer tool box icon locked to my tool bar. This is one of the most important features of my printer that I like because it keeps track of ink, paper, and scanned documents. I'm diffidently not a computer geek.   I'll catch up with the other bookmarks next week. We leave to go home for the Easter Holiday with our families. Saturday with her side, and Sunday with my side. What's odd about that is I'm out to more of her side and they're reluctantly supportive. My side on the other hand are less supportive, and my sister just under me in age will not acknowledge my being there. She will be constantly moving to keep from dealing with me. I'm dead to her.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋  
    • Ashley0616
      I used to follow baseball and the team I would cheer for is Boston Red Sox. My favorite player was Papi. He was an awesome guy and even held a child during the National Anthem. I haven't watched baseball for a long time. It just died off to me. 
    • Ashley0616
      That stinks that nothing transferred, and no bookmarks were saved! 
    • Ashley0616
      I'm doing patches for now but I think soon I'll go to shots because it's hard to alternate when you are doing two xx patches at once. Unless she gives me Estradiol and progesterone
    • Sally Stone
      Go Cleveland Guardians!  I love baseball and I loved playing it when I was younger.  
    • Sally Stone
      My view is we are "dependent" on government, because as a society, we are too lazy to stay actively involved. So, we let politicians do our bidding for us.  I think we'd be in a better place government wise if we policed the actions of our politicians.  We elected them; they work for us.  Sadly, we are allowing them to run amok.  We are where we are because we have chosen to let politicians make all decisions without us.  Remember "by the people, for the people?" That was the intent of our democracy.  Today, however, it is "by the politicians, for the politicians," the people be damned. 
    • Mmindy
      "Play Ball! Batter Up!" is the closing line of the National Anthem as far as I'm concerned. It's the call of the Home Plate Umpire and signals the start of the game. I grew up in the TV and Radio broadcast of the St. Louis Cardinals. Harry Caray, Jack Buck, Tim McCarver, and Mike Shannon, were the voices on my transistor radio. KMOX 1120 AM pushing 50,000 watts of Class A clear-channel non-directional signal. It could be picked up all across MO, IL, IN to the East. KS, OK, CO to the West. IA, MN to the North, and KY, TN, AR to the South. There has always been a rivalry against the Chicago Cubs, in the National League. As for the American League, I have to pull for the Kansas City Royals. I've also been a Little League Umpire, and fan of everything the Little League stands for. Going to Williamsport, PA and seeing the Little League World Series is in my top 10 things to do on my bucket list.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mmindy
      Good evening everyone,   I don't think my mother ever cooked a meal that I didn't like. We also had a kitchen where mom fixed the food, dad filled your plate, and you eat it. It wasn't until our baby brother was born that we could have Pop-Tarts for snacks. Before that all snacks had to meet mom's approval, and in her opinion wouldn't prevent you from eating supper.   Well my day started off on a good note, but has become frustrating because my IT person didn't transfer my saved videos I use for teaching. Then I found out that they didn't save any of my book marks for websites I use frequently.   Best wishes, stay motivated,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • MaeBe
      The number is relative to method of deliver, the time of the dose, and when the blood is drawn. However, I do want to keep away from DVT and other potential issues. I assume I may be getting backed down from my current dose, but my doc told me to stick with the higher dose, so? I also wonder if this has anything to do the my breast growth and mental changes that have been happening over the past few years, like I have some estrogen sensitivity so a little goes a long way or something? I don't have enough data to postulate, but who knows!   With weekly, subcutaneous, shots you expect to see big swings of serum level estradiol from shot to peak to trough. My doctor is interested in mid-week testing (for E and T levels only), which would be post-peak blood serum levels but they will be higher than trough. Most, if not all, resources I've seen online is to measure at trough (which I might do just to do it next time) along with a SHBG, LH, and other metrics.   This is from transfemscience.org for Estradiol valerate in oil, which is very spiky compared to some other estradiol combinations. It's also for intramuscular, which will have a slower uptake and is usually dosed in higher volume due to the slower absorption rate from muscles. They don't have subcutaneous numbers, which I would expect to see similar spikes but higher levels at similar doses due to the relatively higher absorption rate direct from fat.   Are you doing pills, shots, or patches? And when you do get your levels checked are you getting that done when your levels are lowest or some other time?
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.