• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

"jump Without A Parachute"

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I'm starting to find that the best way for me to pass out in public is to do it without what I call a security backup plan.

Allow me to explain:

When I first started going out in public I would take some article of male clothing with me (like a jacket) so if I were to get somewhere and felt really nervous or anxious I could throw on a male article of clothing as a sort of backup plan to down play that I was looking like a girl. Eventually I started getting a little more bold in going out but the anxiety was still there. One day I had this brilliant idea, let's try to go out in public, as a woman, and not rely on having that backup plan. Kind of like a sink-or-swim scenario. and believe it or not, it worked! I found I pass much easier when I have to be a woman and don't have that backup plan to rely on. It's a little more nerve-wracking because you're putting yourself out there and have nowhere to hide if you start feeling nervous.

Today was another great example of it. I'm at a hotel in nowheresville Indiana. I told myself today that I was going to put on makeup and be unquestionably female today. So I got out of the shower, dressed, did my hair and makeup. Did my laundry, which involved walking down the hallway several times to/from the laundry room. I called for pizza and told the guy I was going to be paying cash. Only thing is..I didn't have cash on me. So I double-checked my face and walked over to the local convenience store to use the ATM. Talked to the lady there since my card wasn't reading in the machine. Eventually got it, bought something and on the way back into the hotel the pizza lady was coming in so I had a small chat with her as well as we both walked to my room.

And I looked cute too. I had my hair down, jeans and a brown tie-back top but that's actually irrelevant. The point is, that's how I was presenting myself today. No big jacket to hide in or anything.

..and it worked. Confidence also plays a big role, especially if you're tall like me. Act like you are a woman with all the parts of any other woman out there and this is just every day boring life and you'll fit right in. I now attribute people to looking at me more to "wow that's a tall woman" as opposed to "hey that's a man!" which is what I used to think. I think most people just look up to see who this person is walking by and then turn back around to whatever they were doing.

Hmm, don't have a pic of what I was wearing. If I'm motivated enough I'll change back into it and snap one real fast tonight.

Guest Donna Jean

Lizzie, Honey....that's the key! Attitude!

Just be what you are! Tall maybe, yet a woman just the same!

I And I think that you look darling....

Your teeth are beautiful! Hope you don't mind me saying so!

Bigg Hugg....

Donna Jean

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I had a TS message me on facebook today asking for help/ideas/suggestions and that's one of the things I emphasized the most..attitude.

Not drag queen attitude. not "I'm a guy wearing women's clothing, am I doing it right?" attitude but a "well yeah I'm a woman and have been since I was born" attitude.

Guest Evan_J

You look "mahvelous" ;)

I always thought so- your AV (cuz thats all we saw before)- and now this pic.

You're right, any "look" is about a tall lady. I even do that, doesn't matter about TS or natal peeps are just like "wow, what a tall lady" and its the same with really tall guys too so no "slur" about ladies who are height gifted about it just admiration/awe. *sigh I go to church with a guy who's TAAALL. All kinds of peeps look at him a long time for it. Don't matter that "he's a guy, guys are 'supposed' " to be tall." Nope that's a crock. Its just that when one person isn't something someone else is they look.

Come to think of it, I look a long time at really short people too so either way :P

And how do you know what it is those people are thinking? I look at the really tall guy a long time cuz I'm wishing I had that height :(

And I historically have looked at really short girls cuz I thought they were hot B) Nowadays, I look at short guys to keep myself from having a complex. In none of those looks is an insult.

My point is someone in those peeps who look could be "wishing" for what you have. Another could be checking you out .

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Thank you!! :)

..but..but..I'm trying to share my wisdom and insight to maybe help someone else out.

(though I do appreciate the compliments!)

• 4 weeks later...

How did I miss one of your pictures Lizzie, I love seeing them as a fellow height gifted lady I like to see how we look.

I never had the idea of wearing any men's clothing the first time I went out in public was in the middle of the day and a fifty mile each way trip to my therapist's office and a walk through a crowded lobby.

But attitude means a lot - a UPS man carrying a package held the door for me.

Love ya,

Sally

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 107 Guests (See full list)

• Ivy
    • Charlize
    • Maddee
    • Hannah Renee
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • MaryEllen
    • Betty K
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Petra Jane