• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Gender Ideology, Transgender Reality: A Deacon Parent’s Perspective

MarcieMarie12

• Forum Moderator

Thank you Marcie for sharing this. It's a wonderful read. I just wish it wouldn't so often take exposure to transgender people in one's family or circle of friends to open eyes to reality. Even then it doesn't always open eyes. This is an article I wish everyone could and would read, not just us (LGBTQ).

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

• Admin

From  the article--

In its discussion of gender ideology, Amoris Laetitia warns against falling into the sin of trying to replace the Creator.  I definitely agree.  But I think this warning begs the question:  are we guilty of that sin when we look at a transgender person and we have the hubris to deny what God has made? 

To me this is the crucial question that most religious people cannot or hide desperately from trying to answer since this challenges their simplistic notions of what has been created which is greater than their ability to understand, and greater even than their imaginations can tolerate.  Finding that I was Trans* removed the boundaries from my imagination to be sure. 

• Forum Moderator

While I no longer subscribe to an organized religion I was brought up in this one.  I am constantly amazed how so many people of a religious mind seem to second guess the very god they say is all knowing and infallible.  But then, who am I to judge? 

Jani