Sign in to follow this  
Angelgrlsue

Dating help

Angelgrlsue

I recently met a man through an alternative dating site, we both have similar interests and values and even though we have not met in person yet, I do like him and I think he likes me as well.  The one problem is, he is married.  He said that he loves his wife, it's just that she no longer has any interest in him, he does not want to divorce her.  What do I do?  Every time I am online and I notice he is online at the same time, he will or I will contact him and he describes how much I am the kind of woman he wants to date and be with, yet he is married.  If he was single, I would date him in a heartbeat. 

MaryEllen

Philandering husbands are definitely not a good choice for dating. The only thing he's looking for is a quick roll in the hay. To get emotionally involved with him would only lead to disaster. Do as you will but be forewarned. There are plenty of single, unattached men out there. At least he was honest with you. I'd give him credit for that.

MaryEllen

Charlize

Agreed he gets 5 points for honesty.  At the same time he loses 10 for cheating on his wife.  It is hard to believe you could ever have a long term relationship if he can't stay faithful to the woman he married.

Hugs,

Charlize

tracy_j

I agree. Be very careful here. There are also always dangers in meeting someone online. In my experience, most people are honest, but it is very easy to assume things. The reality tends to come out fairly quickly on a meeting, but just think how you would feel if you were an item and your partner strayed.

Tracy

Angelgrlsue

Ok girls, I get what you are saying and yes he was honest with me and at least told me he was married.  So, then exactly where are these single unattached men?  I have yet to fine one, that will date me, where do you look?  I have tried Okcupid and all you get is gay men in the match field, since I state in my profile that I am a transsexual woman,  I am not bashing gay men, but I seek a straight man who is interested in women. 

MarcieMarie12

What about bi-men? Your profile should be allowing them in. It also might be the dating pool in your area. They are out there.

If he is honest his wife that he is looking to date other women, they might be in an open relationship. Not for everyone, and if that is not what  you want be honest and move on. Ask if he has not told you. You did say alternative site. 

Angelgrlsue
38 minutes ago, MarcieMarie12 said:

What about bi-men? Your profile should be allowing them in. It also might be the dating pool in your area. They are out there.

If he is honest his wife that he is looking to date other women, they might be in an open relationship. Not for everyone, and if that is not what  you want be honest and move on. Ask if he has not told you. You did say alternative site. 

Not really too interested in bi men but they show up too.  I prefer a straight single man, I know I am picky but I want a good quality man, not that bi men are not, I am sure they are, I just prefer straight men. 

In regards to that married man I met, I did ask him if he discussed with his wife about having an open marriage and he said that she would never go for it.  I think my hopes for him is gone now, I do not want to encourage him to continue to cheat on his wife, he as already dated a few trans women in the past. 

DenimAndLace

If you insist on a straight male, I bet you'll continue to be disappointed.  All I hear about is chasers, cheaters and pervs pursuing transwomen.  Having gone through what I have in the last few years, I'd be looking for a companion who loves my soul unconditionally and who I could love in return.  Rather than saying this is the ONE type you want, perhaps you should try saying this is the one type I DON'T want.  (Scratch the straight, cis males for me).  Everyone else has an equal chance.

Angelgrlsue
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:57 PM, DenimAndLace said:

If you insist on a straight male, I bet you'll continue to be disappointed.  All I hear about is chasers, cheaters and pervs pursuing transwomen.  Having gone through what I have in the last few years, I'd be looking for a companion who loves my soul unconditionally and who I could love in return.  Rather than saying this is the ONE type you want, perhaps you should try saying this is the one type I DON'T want.  (Scratch the straight, cis males for me).  Everyone else has an equal chance.

I will take this into consideration, I too would like a partner who loves my soul and I in return would love them as well.  I see what you are saying though, although their are straight men out their too, that are not cheaters, chasers or pervs, I know there are fw of them too, so I am willing to broaden my criteria.  Thank you DenimandLace

DenimAndLace

I sure don't envy those of you who are looking for a companion and I wish all who want would find the love you deserve. ...And everyone deserves love!   No matter how unlovable or miss fit you think you are, you ARE loveable and I suspect, already loved by someone.  It's a tough life being LGBTQI but anyone who's been judged, rejected or abandoned knows how to love better than any.  Those are the ones who make the most loyal friends and companions and they are often overlooked. Best wishes to all who are seeking a mate.