AnnazMom

TSA

AnnazMom

TSA has a program called TSA Cares which handles security at the airport on an individual basis. If you call 72 hours before the flight, they will assist you through the screening. You tell the TSA desk when you get to the airport that you requested a Specialty Cares person and they get the TSA officer to help you. The phone number is 855-787-2227. Works for special needs and metal parts too.

Dev

Thanks for this tip, AnnazMom.  There have been enough horror stories of gate agents handling trans travelers badly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Jani423
      Hang in there!!!  As we're all aware here, the human body is an amazing thing and sometimes it just doesn't respond as we wish.  It sounds as if you've got a good doctor working on your team.    Jani
    • Dev
      Oh, I'm behaving myself.  Humor is my way of coping with things that frustrate me, and boy does diabetes frustrate me.  I do everything right and my numbers are still terrible and I still have gotten to the point where I don't produce any insulin on my own.  The nice thing is it's just as frustrating for my endocrinologist.  He's worked incredibly hard at trying to find a solution, and what progress I have made wouldn't have happened without him.
    • Jani423
      I know its bad, lets not sugar coat it (please).  But the alternative is worse.  I know you've done work to change your diet.  Keep up the good work and try to avoid the temptation to eat unhealthy foods.   My wife's doctor was going to put her on insulin at her last appointment but she talked her out of it saying she would double down on eating better and staying fit.  It's so hard, but you can do it.  Look how much you've accomplished so far in life.     Jani   
    • Katy S
      I got mine waxed yesterday. I'm really happy with the results 
    • Dev
      ...having that damnable continuous glucose monitor out of my arm.  "Oh," they said, "you won't feel anything at all," they said.  Except the tape yanking on my skin every time I twitched.  I am beyond thrilled to be done with that thing.   I'm also dreading my appointment with the endocrinologist on Tuesday, because the readings from that CGM are going to be high in spite of recent new treatments.     Diabetes is so much fun really sucks, y'all.
    • DenimAndLace
      It's hard to muster the strength to fight anymore.  I fought myself for half a lifetime and then I "fought" my family, friends, church and society at large for the last 5 years.  Transition was violent for me - like re-entry into the atmosphere.  I'm safely on the ground now and I don't want to do "that" again.  I'll be at my local DOR and I'll educate advocates so THEY can fight for transgender people while I fight for other minority groups (indigenous people, refugees and immigrants) but the transgender battle is too close to home for me to fight with any vigor.  I need the kind of peace that's only found in being stealth.  Blessings to those who have the wherewithal to fight and my utmost gratitude for your protection!
    • Gwen
      Hi Pam!   It was so nice reading your story! You've gone through so much and have done much of the work that some of us long for. So sorry to read about the difficulties with your family. My parents are gone but I do worry about my siblings. I can just imagine the looks on their faces when I try to explain gender dysphoria - yikes. I have an adult daughter too and her reaction is completely unpredictable. Another yikes. Love your picture! You seem to be very comfortable with yourself and your identity. I'm shy too so I can relate to your challenges getting your social needs met. I have a feeling you'll do fine   (I'd give anything to play the drums!!)   Gwen
    • Charlize
      Keep lunging and parrying girl!   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Charlize
      I'm sorry Carla.  There will be a meeting at 9 eastern at TGAA.  Try to get out if only to a meeting.  My homegrown used to cook over 60 turkeys so that all of us had a place to go and enjoy the company of other sober folks.   Our plans include making a dinner for my family.  We will have 15 or more relatives at the table.  It gets hectic and stressful but i've found acceptance and there is a great feeling of mutual love.  I've already started shopping and will pick up a turkey next week.  As vegetarians it's a bit odd but my wife and i are pretty good cooks.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Charlize
        One of the hardest thing for me is the balance between being open and honest and being stealth or simply being comfortable without the conflict causing me pain and stress.     Hugs,   Charlize
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Angie.Dee
      Angie.Dee
      (26 years old)
    2. wolfsirens
      wolfsirens
      (20 years old)
  • Upcoming Events

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • TransPulse Partners