TaraWinter

MtF exercise tips. Please help.

TaraWinter

I am 5'10" and 220 pounds and I want to lose weight. What are some good workouts that will help with burning fat and tone without adding muscle.

Dev

Cardio, cardio, cardio.  A lot of trans women I know have had great success with getting into the habit of swimming every day or every other day.  It's very low-impact and works the body out without putting strain on the muscles.

You might also find this site helpful.  It has links to information about trans fitness for both MtF and FtM folks.

Jani423

OK this is easy. Well determining what works is, implementation is a little more difficult as it involves human nature.  

Start walking.  Its low impact, gets the heart pumping and works a bunch of muscle groups.  After that, some basic exercises (sit ups, leg lifts, etc) or yoga.  I'm doing Hatha yoga which is low impact, stressing balance, breathing and stretching.   

Jani

TaraWinter
7 hours ago, Dev said:

Cardio, cardio, cardio.  A lot of trans women I know have had great success with getting into the habit of swimming every day or every other day.  It's very low-impact and works the body out without putting strain on the muscles.

You might also find this site helpful.  It has links to information about trans fitness for both MtF and FtM folks.

Thank you very much. I looked through the site and saw a few things I want to do. 

7 hours ago, Jani423 said:

OK this is easy. Well determining what works is, implementation is a little more difficult as it involves human nature.  

Start walking.  Its low impact, gets the heart pumping and works a bunch of muscle groups.  After that, some basic exercises (sit ups, leg lifts, etc) or yoga.  I'm doing Hatha yoga which is low impact, stressing balance, breathing and stretching.   

Jani

I hear a lot of good things about yoga but don't know where to start.

Thank you both. 

Love, Tara

Jani423

I found a yoga class at the adult education office at the local school.  I didn't want anything too intimidating to start.  I am enjoying it.

Jani

CyndiRae

I'm with Jani, walking is such good medicine, make your routine as regular as possible and enjoy the benefits.

Swimming is great too

C -

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• MaryEllen
    • Dev
    • Zakorok
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Arianna96
      Agreed! The bad times always pass. I’ve still been up and down emotionally. Everyday is a challenge but I gotta keep moving forward. It’s just hard not being able to freely dress when I need and want to. Lately, I have been watching drag queen shows and love it! I would really like to see one in person. The queens always look so sexy! 
    • Jani423
      I pluck mine and the initial clearing was brutal but the maintenance is easier since I get the hairs when they are lighter in their initial growth stage.  Eventually I will have them done with electrolysis.    Jani
    • Jani423
      Congratulations! 
    • Charlize
      The only problem with waxing is that it seems to need to be repeated too often.  When i stared plucking(pre-full time) i cried as it hurt so much.  Seemingly that pain has lessened or i've become used to "beauty" over comfort.  It does help that my brows are very thin and light in color so if things get ahead of me all most see is what i draw with my pencil.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Charlize
      It sounds like your prepared for a beautiful day.  Enjoy it.  You certainly deserve that and short hair makes it easier.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi Alexx,   It's surprising how much difference hair can make in how we feel. And it sounds like you're having a pretty good day today. That makes me happy! Enjoy getting out to your group. I'll be thinking about you.   Lots of love, Timber Wolf🐾
    • Timber Wolf
      Good morning Everyone!😸   Happy Birthday Angie.Dee!🎂 Happy Birthday wolfsirens!🎂 Hope you get lots of cake and ice cream!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf🐾
    • Alexx21
      just got my hair cut at the barbars for the first time my husband loves my hair  he says i look good  i feel more like am male now with my hair being this style  going to a trans group today with my husband kinda looking forward to it av not been to this  group for months because it so busy and i know its going to be busy this time because of tdor  there doing something for it with in the group time and i really want to be able to go to it  my husband will be with me  and i have medication to take if i dont feel so good  plus they have a room where you can sit if it gets too much   
    • Jani423
      Hang in there!!!  As we're all aware here, the human body is an amazing thing and sometimes it just doesn't respond as we wish.  It sounds as if you've got a good doctor working on your team.    Jani
    • Dev
      Oh, I'm behaving myself.  Humor is my way of coping with things that frustrate me, and boy does diabetes frustrate me.  I do everything right and my numbers are still terrible and I still have gotten to the point where I don't produce any insulin on my own.  The nice thing is it's just as frustrating for my endocrinologist.  He's worked incredibly hard at trying to find a solution, and what progress I have made wouldn't have happened without him.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Angie.Dee
      Angie.Dee
      (26 years old)
    2. wolfsirens
      wolfsirens
      (20 years old)
  • Upcoming Events

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • TransPulse Partners