• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Roy Moore: "Transgenders Don't Have Rights"

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

My difficulty in dealing with him is that I have a Law Degree from a fully accredited law school from 45 years ago where we were taught a different concept of the U.S. Legal Structure, rights and responsibilities than the school that he graduated from, or flunked out of.    

• Forum Moderator

There is something wrong with democracy there - people don't have rights? <_<

• Admin

Not for nothing, but I believe it's hit the news today as well that Roy Moore has been accused of inappropriately soliciting minors.

Edited to add: https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-initiated-sexual-encounter-when-she-was-14-he-was-32/2017/11/09/1f495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html?utm_term=.66876986a377

• Forum Moderator

This guy is certainly sick but his nature has come out and both he and his thoughts are discredited by his past.  Sorry but

I have to smile.

Hugs,

Charlize

Jim Rigby's FB post:
If the puritanical Judge Roy Moore turns out to be guilty of sexual inproprieties it will hardly be surprising to anyone who has worked with people. As a minister of many years, I've never known ANYONE who obsessed about the sexual activities occurring in the private closets of other people, who did not turn out to have skeletons twerking in their own.

Guest Rachel Gia

Smells like an extremely flawed attempt at deflection.

Does not sound too threatening to me ...Just another mixed up gas bag with his own unique contribution to Global Warming:)

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Moderator

I awoke to the good news from AL this morning :) What a nasty contest in deep red country.

The bigot has failed !

Somebody else I know facing angry women's wrath.....

I just heard the news report too - yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Moore is a fanatic and held values from the 50s. We are truly blessed that he won't be going to the Senate where he could languish for months. Now he can run for dog catcher :)

Gwen

• Forum Moderator

Fantastic!  One has to be proud of the citizens of Alabama to show the majority still believes in decency!

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I just checked and varified it, and yup, he lost!:applause:

Lots of love and cheers,

Timber Wolf?

PS: Charlize, I love your holiday avatar!???

• Admin

If what I heard is correct, Alabama law says no recounts unless the vote is closer than 1/2 of 1 percent.  The actual tally showed the difference as 1.5 percent.  Nothing is impossible, but it looks like Jones is in the Senate. 

As Moore has said, God hath spoken.  He said, "Not you, Roy!"

Carolyn Marie

I'm assuming things will move forward without him conceding. I hope, anyway. He'll just become the loud uncle at a holiday party who's had too much to drink. A recount would also be very expensive, and I can't believe he'd have the backers to do this when the numbers show he lost. It sure is weird living in America these days...

Gwen

• Admin

Here in CA, his failure to concede by now and for the reasons he is citing would be grounds to invoke section 5152 of the Health and Safety Code.  Danger to himself and / or others.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 101 Guests (See full list)

• MaeBe
    • Wasylyna
    • Ashley0616
    • Jet McCartney
    • Raelyn
    • Birdie