Sign in to follow this  
bobbisue

Dealing with Him

bobbisue

This is from a message I wrote to a dear friend that I felt would be worth sharing here

I had an experience about a month ago that really put things in perspective in regards to having Him in my life. It was on a Sunday morning I was just relaxing Checking my forums when suddenly I realized He was gone not just faded into the background as he usually does but he was completely gone I have never felt so vunerable or scared I felt like a little lost girl I literally cried under my covers for over an hour I was so scared ,He eventually returned I realized I need Him He was there through the many beatings from the bullies He was there when I fought for my kids He is not my enemy  He is my protector I do not have  to fight him He is me and I am Him.like a true gentleman He fades into the background and lets me live, when I need Him He no longer takes over but rather He is beside me giving me the strength I need Will He ever be gone I dont know but I do know He will be there as I grow into the woman I was always meant to be

bobbisue:)

Charlize

I know that dude.  He is within me as well and as years go by he becomes even more of a  gentleman.  After 63 years of his control and dominance i am glad to see him behave and take a back seat without constantly trying to run the show.  I certainly prefer him this way!

Hugs,

Charlize

MaryMary

it's a great way to see that Bobbisue. I'll think about that :)

I have a very hard time with the physical scars he left on my body. I had a hard time at 12 and still have a hard time at 36. I think about facial feminization everyday I think. I don't want anymore surgery so i'm very open to any change of perspective like the one you offered us Bobbisue.

thank you

Gwen

Very important observations, bobbiesue. The male-me has allowed me to travel to some dangerous locations to explore and he still gives me a sense of safety in the world. I'm sure I will need him as I move forward. He IS like a bodyguard. Why would we want to get rid of our bodyguard? I agree with Charlize too and can't wait for my guy to retreat to the background when I don't need him, so I can live in the comfy place I crave.

DenimAndLace

Rupert Holmes...  Him, him him, what's she gonna do about him?  She's gonna have to do without him, or do without me...  Who knows the song I'm singing?  Haha.

Jani423

Thanks Bobbie, this is good.  I tried to cast aside my alter ego when I first embarked on my transition journey.  Soon I came to understand that this character was and always will be part of me.  Once I came to embrace this reality I was able to more easily grow into the person I now am.  

Jani

tracy_j

An interesting view Bobbiesue, which I can understand. I remember a specific time when I was online and a man started to become sexually agressive. I got very scared for a couple of days until he suddenly registered. Then I totally understood the agressive male, and it wasn't scary any more. That's when it really registered how vulnerable women are. A totally different mindset!

Tracy

MarcieMarie12

This is part of the girl inside me...don't make momma penguin unhappy......:) I wonder if this is a matter of perspective from when we grew up. I find comfort in knowing there are strong women out there and it is ok to be one. 

Image result for kill bill meme