• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sally

Starlight

Sally

Starlight

Why are there so many poems and songs about stars and their light?

Is it merely a fascination with what ever might be hidden in the night?

Is it an ancient call to our true home, somewhere in the middle of all of those stars

The birthplace of the universe itself, a big bang that left behind fragments and scars?

Or merely the comfort of those pinpoints of light when all around is dark?

Maybe they are the spirits of those who went before us each leaving its mark

The North Star has guided mariners from the earliest records of their voyages

Mysterious stars have appeared to guide particular groups in all lands and ages

It gives me comfort on a dark and lonely night

To look up at the stars and think that they might

Be letting me know with each light they have shown

That we are never lost and will never truly be alone

Jani

Good, its something to think about.  

Charlize

That's a lovely thought that we are never alone.  Thanks.

Hugs,

Charlize

Jennifer T

Lost in the beauty of the night sky, I am anonymity.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 108 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • Shay
    • Ryan
    • Madison
    • KathyLauren
    • Jackie C.
    • Susan R
    • Siobhan
    • Jani
    • Tara.S
    • Rorelai
    • Sara Rose
    • Dinaki
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Rorelai
    Newest Member
    Rorelai

1. Freyer
      Freyer
      (49 years old)
    • Jani
      No not really!  I felt happy after starting but no fireworks.  As you have found changes do creep up on you and all the things you note will present in your life soon enough.  As to depression, talk to your doctor and get something for it.  There is no need to have this cloud over your life.    Jani  
    • Jani
      Hello Rami and welcome. There are many "older" women here with similar stories to yours so you'll feel comfortable here.  Accepting that you are transgender is big.  I'm glad to hear you are dealing with it now.  I look forward to seeing you around.    Jani
    • Jani
      Thanks for this info.  I sent word to my mother who has a cat.    Jan
    • Jackie C.
      Yeah, probably not for me either. It's a small office with a cramped and crowded waiting room. They may start taking appointments only though so, after I get the REST of my paperwork filled out (My gynecologist needs to inspect my GCS surgeon's work, declare me female and fill out a form to that effect), I can start looking into that.   The birth certificate should be easier. I can do that by mail or maybe online.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      Cloth. I got mine from Lookhuman then another pair from Amazon. Susan found one she liked at the antique store she was visiting on her birthday as well. I had to laugh when the young woman at the wig store asked for picture ID. "But... we're all wearing masks..."   Hugs!
    • lachallenger
      Huh! Usually communications with them are a bramble patch for me - though an office visit isn't going to be an option for me for a while, that said.   Cheers!
    • Jackie C.
      My spouse is a vet tech and my estranged mother a veterinarian. I don't keep Lysol in the house. It's very poisonous to them and it works very, very quickly. Keep the babies safe. 😻   Hugs!
    • Dinaki
      Good Lord, I have two precious babies here. Thank you for tell me that Jackie dear!
    • Jackie C.
      That's surprisingly straightforward too. I went in with my paperwork, chatted with the clerk, asked a couple of questions (There are stupid regulations in changing gender markers in my state), and went about my way. The worst part was sitting in the waiting room.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      It's fatal to cats though, be careful with how you use it.   Hugs!
    • Willow
      Thank you everyone.    It is the story of all of us who knew something was different from an early age but didn't understand.  It took me way to long to admit what I should have known all along.     Have a great day.   Willow      
    • MikaReich
      I can't wear a mask for medical reasons and have a letter from my doctor,can't breathe in it and gives me bad headaches
    • lachallenger
      Finding a name that resonates with you can really take some time. Speaking as a long-time player of video games, I found it easy to work through something like a character name or alias or the type, a bit like a callsign. I... reached the peace with my own name after creating a character that used it, and it resonated with me enough that I have every intention of using it. Jackie is absolutely correct about the procedures for changing names and identity legally - both that the legal procedures tend to be fairly straightforward and involve legal fees, paperwork, swearing that you're changing your name for legal reasons - but the other side of it's true as well - having to explain credits or work history or anything else attached to a person's birth name and identity. I do not look forward to having to (e.g.) go through the change of name procedures with Social Security. I am used to poring over lists of names whenever I am creating a new fictitious character - but in this circumstance, in your place, I would start with what culturally resonated with me the most, and move from there.   Sincerely - I hope any of this helps you!
    • Dinaki
      Here is another but very rare performance with the song She was never he
    • Dinaki
      If I understand correctly, the disinfectant is a good fighter for Covid    Lysol Desinfectant
  • Upcoming Events