TessaOKC

We Are Here For You

TessaOKC
  • pip_member1.gif
  • TessaOKC
  •  
  • 10 posts
  • State/Province: Oklahoma.gif
  • Interests:Anything outdoors. Love the beach, working out and staying in shape.

I hear you, I feel for you and I will walk with you ! In my former profession I have had more dealings with suicide than I care to mention. So many  success stories and unfortunately some tragic endings. Suffering from depression myself and having walked that very dark and lonely road, I find those who are down need our love, support and uncompromising understanding. 

Thoughts of suicide and committing suicide hang by a delicate thread indeed, I know, I have felt it and have seen it. It sickens me when I hear of friends and loved ones, uttering in the time crises, "Oh just stop it", "It's a cowards way out" , "Just get over it" !!! Intentions are good but results can be tragic.

Someone having thoughts of self harm and death need to delicately be shown the light at the end of the tunnel. Their struggle is real. Potentially,  life ending REAL. When the pain of living outweigh the horror of suicide is when that  thread starts to break.

I applaud those who try to help, my admiration flows to you. The smallest acts of kindness, loving words can be enough to bring someone back from the cliff. Getting angry and frustrated will only be passed on to the person who needs your help the most. The absolute worst reaction is to turn your backs on them. They may threaten suicide over and over again but you will never know if today is the day or not, until it's too late! Never give up on them, never stop loving them, they need you!

I take my own words of advice often, for others and very much myself. Being transgender adds significantly to the mental demands of those already suffering depression. Many of us are in this boat.

There is light at the end of the tunnel and there are  wonderful and glorious days ahead. There are professionals and trained individuals who are only a phone call away, keep those numbers handy!  Educate yourselves, know what to say and what not to say and let your love and understanding lead the way!

Love you all,

Tess

TessaOKC

B)