• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
Belladonnakarapinskia

Reneging On Coming Out

Belladonnakarapinskia

Hey trans brothers and fellow trans sisters

I've definitely suffered since the age of thirteen that I was a trans girl, I started crossdressing as a late sixteen-year-old or as an early seventeen-year-old, I came out to my mom around mid-2016, after buying a black night gown in late-2015 and real diamond earrings in late-2015, I didn't come out as Donna, I remained Alexander, a older trans lady told me I needn't change my given name since its a neutral gender/sex first name, I'm not financially-independent and I wouldn't be financially-stable anyway, my mom says its even more of a disgrace to be a transgender person, since transgender people are still actively discriminated and being a woman is weighted less then being a man, somehow this mindset still exists for old-school italian mommas, even my old-school italian daddas in some respect, views-and-values respective gender roles you're born into, I'm not an advocate and I'm not an activist, but I'm a trans girl, born a boy, living into my young adulthood, as a young man, but I've got a woman's mindset, even though I don't live as a woman yet, I can't jeopardise my personal financial situation, but I want to transition into the young woman I am, what should I do my fellow trans guys?, what should I do my fellow trans girls?, should I remain miserable as Alex or should I transition into Donna?, against my parents wants for me

Love

B.D.K

Belladonnakarapinskia

*I definitely knew since the age of thirteen that I was a trans girl, but I've suffered from gender dysphoria since about either eleven-years-old or twelve-years-old

TessaOKC

Welcome to the club Donna ! We are all or had been in the same boat. I was told early on by my transgender friends to start slowly, like really slowly. Become educated, read, read, READ !! There are so many thing you can do that will allow you to start experiencing womanhood without actually transitioning.

Shave, start with small pieces of clothing, seek therapy and find out if hormones are right for you. Hormones , in my opinion, will be a huge guiding factor. If you are truly transgender, which you appear to be, hormones will fit you like a glove.

There is nothing that says we need to flip a switch and go instantly from Alex to Donna overnight. It took me years and I still feel as though I am transitioning. It is ok and actually beneficial to go as slow as you need to. You will pick up steam along the way and if a 24/7 transition is right for you, it shall happen.

Good luck Donna!!!

Hugs,

Tess

Timber Wolf

Hi Donna,

If you are financially dependent on your family and they are against your transitioning, your emediate goal should probably be to get financially independent first if possible. When you begin transitioning (medically or socially) it will be a lot easier if you aren't also fighting with your family for your ability to live at the same time. Take things one step at a time. Baby steps, especially at first.

Despite what anyone else may try to tell you, you are not a disgrace for being trans. You are being you, and you can be proud of that. Various areas or cultures are more or less accepting of us than orhers. Unless we can and want to move somewhere else, we can't control that. But we can affect how we fit into the society we live in. I live in a conservative, fairly trans unfriendly area. But even here, I'm moving forward toward living as the girl I am. I take it slow. When I feel impatient I look at the progress I've made already. It helps. 

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf🐾

Belladonnakarapinskia

You've both been very helpful, financial-stability is important, but being a woman is more important, money isn't everything, its just the officially-recognised medium of exchange, I'm not disregarding money, I just don't worship it like regular individual persons, I totally get that I need way more than I have now, I'm broke and frustrated by this hiccup, but taking my transition toward being a woman, then I can get married and become a mamma, is vital to my identity, but its a balance between becoming financially-free and securing all the legal liberties you don't currently enjoy when you are held to someone else's standards/expectations, simply because you're reliant on someone meeting your most bare-basic needs, since you live in the same house with them, thank you ladies for replying to me, I know I sound like a bohemian girl, I've lived my life, since 2015, as somewhat counterculture, one of the reasons I've been so idle in my life, thus far, but being a twenty-one-year-old adult and not having achieved-and-accomplished much of anything has left me with much more needing to be fulfilled, thank you girls for replying to me

Love

B.D.K

Jani

Hello B. K. D. 

On 1/7/2018 at 7:50 PM, Belladonnakarapinskia said:

financial-stability is important, but being a woman is more important, money isn't everything,

While money isn't everything, it does make like much easier to deal with.   You don't have to "worship" it to understand it's power to provide the things we desire.   

I would substitute "woman" with "being one's self" as this is most important in life as our image of self is paramount in being happy.  So these two ideas are tied together but are not exclusive.  As Timber Wolf offers, getting to a point of financial stability is the ticket to moving forward as you want, at the pace you want.  Its not a sell out!  I and others of a certain age will always tell younger transitions to get or finish you education and establish yourself in a career field that makes you happy.  If you are happy at what you do, not much else matters.   

As Tessa notes, take your time and enjoy your transition journey.  Another member here was fond of saying, "Slowly, slowly catches the monkey!"  Transition can have our heads are moving in a thousand directions all at once.  Take the time to absorb each change you make to let it sink in and ensure its what you want.  It's better to not waste time and resources in a direction you may abandon for one reason or another.  Enjoy the ride!

Jani

Belladonnakarapinskia

Thank you Jani, I will keep your thoughts in mind as I go mostly full-time when in public and begin taking my estrogen supplements and testosterone blockers in late january/early february, I understand I need money to live comfortably and have financial stability, all comes with a job, which means you need more qualifications today, I try to be myself, but gender dysphoria confuses me to no end and being sexually active adds to that confusion, I will enjoy my transition sweetie, thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings

Love

B.D.K

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• Anna75
    • Jani
    • VickySGV
    • CyndiRae
    • Natalie86
    • ChelseaAnn
    • Cela
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
  • Who Was Online

101 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • Anna75
    • Jani
    • VickySGV
    • CyndiRae
    • Natalie86
    • BrandiBri
    • ChelseaAnn
    • Cela
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • Cthorne
    • Roberta-Belinda
    • MaryEllen
    • Kris
    • Petra Jane
    • Martyn
    • Marbabar
    • Noelia6
    • stbSusan
    • EnbieCutie
    • jae bear
    • JJ
    • Kirsten
    • Jojo
    • Charlize
    • MaryMary
    • DrumbeatAlex
    • Julie J
    • KeiraC
    • KoreyA
    • Laxmi Siriwat
    • ejen
    • Janeshannon
    • Sharon Aml
    • doni
    • tracy_j
    • PaulaPlaytex
    • Emilio
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Clara84
    • samuel
    • claire1000
    • DenimAndLace
    • gski
    • Annie
    • Rachael
    • Xavier/Aria
    • Lizzie McTrucker
    • Amy joey
    • Queenie
    • Luna L
    • Abigail3051
    • Lauryn Michelle
    • Avra
    • Erika_E
    • Dev
    • Paul Rankeillor
    • Carly murr
    • Elyssia
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Dakota16
    • Miae_Flame
    • Naomi Knowles
    • Ravin
    • Leo ray
    • Lina
    • Cmattison
    • Jill55
    • JBfox
    • Tommyftm
    • Willow
    • Laura Beth
    • Sydneyblue
    • ChickenLittle
    • April
    • Cluck1992
    • Myka.L
    • Rowan
    • Timber Wolf
    • Terry
    • Briana
    • 001dmc23
    • Connor_isnt.ok
    • Cheyenne skye
    • Casi
    • Jennifer 123
    • RikkiWilson
    • jade2003bs
    • ironemerson77
    • Cat Lady Kelly
    • Nikki5feet3
    • TiaMaria
    • AngieGirl
    • Steve Stewart
    • Falnone
    • Michelle F
    • Regn
    • Lukas
    • DraiksWrath
    • KymmieL
    • barbra e
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

EnbieCutie
    Newest Member
    EnbieCutie

1. JadeyCat
      JadeyCat
    2. Snow Princess Sophie
      Snow Princess Sophie
      (27 years old)
    • Jani
      Hello Chelsea and welcome.  I think you'll find friends here who can support you.  Please join in the conversation and post your own questions or observations.  I'm glad to hear your family life has returned to order.   Having a supportive family is great.   Jani 
    • VickySGV
      Go to Live Chat, either on the Main Page link at the left top of the page here, or through the more direct Live Chat link at the right edge of it. 
    • Jani
      I'm glad your life is back to normal.  That is what we all seek.  Your family sounds as if they are really trying.  Good for them! 
        Jani
    • CyndiRae
    • Jani
    • CyndiRae
      FYI,   https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/20/health/arizona-trans-woman-cvs-pharmacist-prescription-trnd/index.html   The article went on to say the pharmacist no longer works there. But it took filing a report to the state agency there.    How distressing.....      
    • Natalie86
      Hi Chelsea         Wow, I am happy things are finally going so well for you. I am not sure what I am just yet I was born male and know that I feel female. I am still on a road of discovery about myself. If you'd like to talk I'll listen.      Natalie
    • ChelseaAnn
      How do I join the server?
    • ChelseaAnn
      I am an avid MTG player, even though I've slowed down on my purchases due to saving money. Anyone else play? I've bought cards recently from Dominaria, but I'd love to find people to play with, maybe via Skype? I font play the online version, because, well... $$$. I also prefer the feel of a real card over a mouse.
    • ChelseaAnn
      Hello everyone, my name is Chelsea. I was born male but dream to be female. That dream is getting closer, but has been snagged from me a few times.    I'll keep things short, because I have a blog which describes things in more detail if you're interested. I came out back in 2013, only a few months after my son was born. I was cross dressing while my wife was at work and my son slept. I came to a realization that I wouldn't be able to hide it forever, and took the big step.   After nearly divorcing, my life is back on track and my wife and I have a five year old and a two year old. I have a great job, which isn't aware of my plans yet. Transition is only a few years away, even though I was weeks away from starting at the beginning of last year.   I was suicidal not long after I came out, and have only had thoughts a few times since, when large snags came up that made it seem like I'd never be able to transition. I'm good now though.   I came here to seek new friends and discuss things, as well as help those who are where I was five years ago. I'd really like to have a few friends who are trans or anything on the spectrum. I have some great friends (read family) who are 100% supportive, but only 2 who are under the trans community. So I am really looking for someone to be able to talk to who I can be openly honest and understanding with.
    • Cthorne
      So many things are going on now.   I'm Callum 100% of the time including at work (that was scary but it makes me feel so good! Except when my boss asks awkward questions in front of everyone and decides that I must have issues with my "downstairs" Her and a male co-worker were joking about certain parts of his body but anyway) My whole family call me Callum 24/7  there are still a few mix ups but those that are finding it difficult call me CJ (Callum James) I can finally bind!!(I only do it when I leave the house.) So happy altho I've noticed that it hurts when I take it off, I don't have any pain while wearing my binder, is this nomal? I was very very very surprised but my family bought up the idea of us going to the pride parade... I wasn't even going to mention it but they said it looks interesting and have now decided we are going to two different ones. We're going to the one at the end of this month because a distant family member goes to the same one with her gay son, shes offered to show us around and then the second one is in the place we live very excited!! The whole family is going!! Even my brothers who were very "no no no" When I joked about it when I came out to them.   I just... I don't have the words... This is amazing and I find myself worried I'm going to wake up and its all a dream. I don't wanna get too used to it in case it all goes wrong or gets wrecked (I hope this makes sense)   I did have a very strange moment and I was just wondering if anyone gets what I mean or if I'm just imaging it but as I said Callum  mode 24/7 but last week I had to go back to my female clothing and its like all my awkwardness and hating myself came back, my confidence just faded away... I could feel myself not wanting to be a part of the world and I felt so down.... Does this make sense? Now I'm back to normal and I'm the life of the party again lol What a strange life I lead.   Any thoughts folks?   *happy contented sigh*
    • MaryEllen
      It's been done.
    •  Roberta-Belinda
      Hello Mary Ellen.Yes,please change my name back to Roberta-Belinda,Thank you so much.
    •  Roberta-Belinda
      For the first time in all my 46 years of dressing as a girl,I have gone without wearing tights.The weather here in the Uk has been so warm for so many weeks it is not practical to wear hose.I love my tights as they make my legs look great but I have not minded going bare legged.Tights can be very uncomfortable im warm weather.Most women over here do not wear tights in this hot weather.As it is always my intention to emulate genetic women I am happy to dress like they do in the summer.Without tights I wear open toed sandles and mules.It's funny in male mode when I am out I never wear mens ooen toed sandals or flip flops and wear shoes with socks.I have never been comfortable in displaying feet.However,in female mode I do not mind doing this.Must be something to do with the duality of crossdressing.
    • MaryEllen
      Hello Roberta,   I can change your name if you'd like. I assume it would be Roberta-Belinda. I'll hold off until you've seen this so you won't have any problems signing in next time.
  • Upcoming Events