Sign in to follow this  
Carolyn Marie

German Playboy Mag to Put Trans Woman On Cover

Carolyn Marie

http://www.wate.com/entertainment/german-playboy-to-feature-1st-transgender-model-on-cover/907563398

Yay, we've joined the ranks of the exploited!  Um, well, I suppose she's being well paid, too.  LOL!

Carolyn Marie

TessaOKC

That is awesome Carolyn!!!! I get so delighted to see any trans person breaking through!!!

When I was ten I found my Dads penthouse magazine. Featured was a pre-op trans female. I was blown away!!!! It was a defining moment in my life, gazing at that magnificent,  beautiful,  human being not even knowing such a person existed in this world ! It was ground zero in my journey as a transgender female.

When I came out to my Dad a few years ago,  he was all bent and tried not talking to me. I pulled him aside and thanked him. I thanked him for the gift he gave me in that Penthouse magazine. The realization of my future self started  as his dirty little secret in the bottom of his closet  under his hunting things. He's was a real jerk to me my whole life  and the look on his face was one I eagerly anticipated and one  I'll never forget !!!!! He was back on his heels and  immediately formed a sweaty upper lip as he stood there speechless. I just stared at him with a grin from ear to ear.  My parting words, dripping with sarcasm of course,  before we re- joined my family at the table was, "  In the future, when you hear me randomly thank you for no reason, it's me thanking you Dad.  for the greatest gift of all, me becoming a trans woman."         LOL !!!      Take that you redneck trans hater!!!

Sorry for my rant Carolyn had to get it out, first time ever actually!!!!

Hugs,

Tess

DenimAndLace

Everyone gets to have an opinion.  Personally I find it abhorent on every level.  It's the objectification of women in general and it's even worse for transwomen. I can already hear the male perverts that puruse that stuff saying, "If you don't look THAT good, you should do something about it. ...Oh but didn't expect government funded health care  to help you in any way!"  Grrrrrr!

MaryMary

there where some instances of trans woman making the cover here in my province. The next day the radio waves where full of people asking the questions such as would make love with a transgender woman? if you would go out with her? and if you find her pretty? I agree that it's exploitation and that day was very very hard to get trough because 'everybody' was talking about transgender womans. Let's be real here, for many people that I know i'm the only trans woman they know. So everytime a transgender woman do something out of the ordinary, good or bad, everybody turns to me, lol

However the girls that go on cover of magazines often look for that kind of attention. They do that because they want to. The one who made the cover here was on a documentary about transgender woman just before. I think that it's great that if you are looking for that kind of things that you should be able to get it. Besides, we are not many transgender people in society. We have to make ourselves visible and be out there in society. We need those transgender woman to express themselves, to be themselves. If everybody in the community was an introverted programmer like me we wouldn't go very far. I have a very very beautifull transgender woman in my instagram feed and let's face it, sometimes I think that maybe she like her own image a little too much. But then again, she have a huge following of cis man. She give a very positive image of our community, she always very classy. 

I welcome those changes. Gone are the days where people like me thought they were alone. I think that's great. I don't particularly like to attract attention but I think it's great some people are like that :D 

MaryMary

exemple of the cover I was talking about :

n-JESYKA-SZOPKO-628x314.jpg

MaryMary

i'm asexual and i'm trying to understand those kind of things. I don't mind someone sexual expressing that part of themselves if they want to. I don't say I understand the urge to do that ... I see a lot of man get 'exploited' too. I see bare chest man every day, lol (caugh Kylo Ren caugh)