• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
Carolyn Marie

German Playboy Mag to Put Trans Woman On Cover

TessaOKC

That is awesome Carolyn!!!! I get so delighted to see any trans person breaking through!!!

When I was ten I found my Dads penthouse magazine. Featured was a pre-op trans female. I was blown away!!!! It was a defining moment in my life, gazing at that magnificent,  beautiful,  human being not even knowing such a person existed in this world ! It was ground zero in my journey as a transgender female.

When I came out to my Dad a few years ago,  he was all bent and tried not talking to me. I pulled him aside and thanked him. I thanked him for the gift he gave me in that Penthouse magazine. The realization of my future self started  as his dirty little secret in the bottom of his closet  under his hunting things. He's was a real jerk to me my whole life  and the look on his face was one I eagerly anticipated and one  I'll never forget !!!!! He was back on his heels and  immediately formed a sweaty upper lip as he stood there speechless. I just stared at him with a grin from ear to ear.  My parting words, dripping with sarcasm of course,  before we re- joined my family at the table was, "  In the future, when you hear me randomly thank you for no reason, it's me thanking you Dad.  for the greatest gift of all, me becoming a trans woman."         LOL !!!      Take that you redneck trans hater!!!

Sorry for my rant Carolyn had to get it out, first time ever actually!!!!

Hugs,

Tess

DenimAndLace

Everyone gets to have an opinion.  Personally I find it abhorent on every level.  It's the objectification of women in general and it's even worse for transwomen. I can already hear the male perverts that puruse that stuff saying, "If you don't look THAT good, you should do something about it. ...Oh but didn't expect government funded health care  to help you in any way!"  Grrrrrr!

MaryMary

there where some instances of trans woman making the cover here in my province. The next day the radio waves where full of people asking the questions such as would make love with a transgender woman? if you would go out with her? and if you find her pretty? I agree that it's exploitation and that day was very very hard to get trough because 'everybody' was talking about transgender womans. Let's be real here, for many people that I know i'm the only trans woman they know. So everytime a transgender woman do something out of the ordinary, good or bad, everybody turns to me, lol

However the girls that go on cover of magazines often look for that kind of attention. They do that because they want to. The one who made the cover here was on a documentary about transgender woman just before. I think that it's great that if you are looking for that kind of things that you should be able to get it. Besides, we are not many transgender people in society. We have to make ourselves visible and be out there in society. We need those transgender woman to express themselves, to be themselves. If everybody in the community was an introverted programmer like me we wouldn't go very far. I have a very very beautifull transgender woman in my instagram feed and let's face it, sometimes I think that maybe she like her own image a little too much. But then again, she have a huge following of cis man. She give a very positive image of our community, she always very classy. 

I welcome those changes. Gone are the days where people like me thought they were alone. I think that's great. I don't particularly like to attract attention but I think it's great some people are like that :D 

MaryMary

exemple of the cover I was talking about :

n-JESYKA-SZOPKO-628x314.jpg

MaryMary

i'm asexual and i'm trying to understand those kind of things. I don't mind someone sexual expressing that part of themselves if they want to. I don't say I understand the urge to do that ... I see a lot of man get 'exploited' too. I see bare chest man every day, lol (caugh Kylo Ren caugh)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• Anna75
    • Jani
    • VickySGV
    • CyndiRae
    • Natalie86
    • ChelseaAnn
    • Cela
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
  • Who Was Online

101 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • Jani
    • Anna75
    • VickySGV
    • CyndiRae
    • Natalie86
    • BrandiBri
    • ChelseaAnn
    • Cela
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • Cthorne
    • Roberta-Belinda
    • MaryEllen
    • Kris
    • Petra Jane
    • Martyn
    • Marbabar
    • Noelia6
    • stbSusan
    • EnbieCutie
    • jae bear
    • JJ
    • Kirsten
    • Jojo
    • Charlize
    • MaryMary
    • DrumbeatAlex
    • Julie J
    • KeiraC
    • KoreyA
    • Laxmi Siriwat
    • ejen
    • Janeshannon
    • Sharon Aml
    • doni
    • tracy_j
    • PaulaPlaytex
    • Emilio
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Clara84
    • samuel
    • claire1000
    • DenimAndLace
    • gski
    • Annie
    • Rachael
    • Xavier/Aria
    • Lizzie McTrucker
    • Amy joey
    • Queenie
    • Luna L
    • Abigail3051
    • Lauryn Michelle
    • Avra
    • Erika_E
    • Dev
    • Paul Rankeillor
    • Carly murr
    • Elyssia
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Dakota16
    • Miae_Flame
    • Naomi Knowles
    • Ravin
    • Leo ray
    • Lina
    • Cmattison
    • Jill55
    • JBfox
    • Tommyftm
    • Willow
    • Laura Beth
    • Sydneyblue
    • ChickenLittle
    • April
    • Cluck1992
    • Myka.L
    • Rowan
    • Timber Wolf
    • Terry
    • Briana
    • 001dmc23
    • Connor_isnt.ok
    • Cheyenne skye
    • Casi
    • Jennifer 123
    • RikkiWilson
    • jade2003bs
    • ironemerson77
    • Cat Lady Kelly
    • Nikki5feet3
    • TiaMaria
    • AngieGirl
    • Steve Stewart
    • Falnone
    • Michelle F
    • Regn
    • Lukas
    • DraiksWrath
    • KymmieL
    • barbra e
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

EnbieCutie
    Newest Member
    EnbieCutie

1. JadeyCat
      JadeyCat
    2. Snow Princess Sophie
      Snow Princess Sophie
      (27 years old)
    • Jani
      Hello Chelsea and welcome.  I think you'll find friends here who can support you.  Please join in the conversation and post your own questions or observations.  I'm glad to hear your family life has returned to order.   Having a supportive family is great.   Jani 
    • VickySGV
      Go to Live Chat, either on the Main Page link at the left top of the page here, or through the more direct Live Chat link at the right edge of it. 
    • Jani
      I'm glad your life is back to normal.  That is what we all seek.  Your family sounds as if they are really trying.  Good for them! 
        Jani
    • CyndiRae
    • Jani
    • CyndiRae
      FYI,   https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/20/health/arizona-trans-woman-cvs-pharmacist-prescription-trnd/index.html   The article went on to say the pharmacist no longer works there. But it took filing a report to the state agency there.    How distressing.....      
    • Natalie86
      Hi Chelsea         Wow, I am happy things are finally going so well for you. I am not sure what I am just yet I was born male and know that I feel female. I am still on a road of discovery about myself. If you'd like to talk I'll listen.      Natalie
    • ChelseaAnn
      How do I join the server?
    • ChelseaAnn
      I am an avid MTG player, even though I've slowed down on my purchases due to saving money. Anyone else play? I've bought cards recently from Dominaria, but I'd love to find people to play with, maybe via Skype? I font play the online version, because, well... $$$. I also prefer the feel of a real card over a mouse.
    • ChelseaAnn
      Hello everyone, my name is Chelsea. I was born male but dream to be female. That dream is getting closer, but has been snagged from me a few times.    I'll keep things short, because I have a blog which describes things in more detail if you're interested. I came out back in 2013, only a few months after my son was born. I was cross dressing while my wife was at work and my son slept. I came to a realization that I wouldn't be able to hide it forever, and took the big step.   After nearly divorcing, my life is back on track and my wife and I have a five year old and a two year old. I have a great job, which isn't aware of my plans yet. Transition is only a few years away, even though I was weeks away from starting at the beginning of last year.   I was suicidal not long after I came out, and have only had thoughts a few times since, when large snags came up that made it seem like I'd never be able to transition. I'm good now though.   I came here to seek new friends and discuss things, as well as help those who are where I was five years ago. I'd really like to have a few friends who are trans or anything on the spectrum. I have some great friends (read family) who are 100% supportive, but only 2 who are under the trans community. So I am really looking for someone to be able to talk to who I can be openly honest and understanding with.
    • Cthorne
      So many things are going on now.   I'm Callum 100% of the time including at work (that was scary but it makes me feel so good! Except when my boss asks awkward questions in front of everyone and decides that I must have issues with my "downstairs" Her and a male co-worker were joking about certain parts of his body but anyway) My whole family call me Callum 24/7  there are still a few mix ups but those that are finding it difficult call me CJ (Callum James) I can finally bind!!(I only do it when I leave the house.) So happy altho I've noticed that it hurts when I take it off, I don't have any pain while wearing my binder, is this nomal? I was very very very surprised but my family bought up the idea of us going to the pride parade... I wasn't even going to mention it but they said it looks interesting and have now decided we are going to two different ones. We're going to the one at the end of this month because a distant family member goes to the same one with her gay son, shes offered to show us around and then the second one is in the place we live very excited!! The whole family is going!! Even my brothers who were very "no no no" When I joked about it when I came out to them.   I just... I don't have the words... This is amazing and I find myself worried I'm going to wake up and its all a dream. I don't wanna get too used to it in case it all goes wrong or gets wrecked (I hope this makes sense)   I did have a very strange moment and I was just wondering if anyone gets what I mean or if I'm just imaging it but as I said Callum  mode 24/7 but last week I had to go back to my female clothing and its like all my awkwardness and hating myself came back, my confidence just faded away... I could feel myself not wanting to be a part of the world and I felt so down.... Does this make sense? Now I'm back to normal and I'm the life of the party again lol What a strange life I lead.   Any thoughts folks?   *happy contented sigh*
    • MaryEllen
      It's been done.
    •  Roberta-Belinda
      Hello Mary Ellen.Yes,please change my name back to Roberta-Belinda,Thank you so much.
    •  Roberta-Belinda
      For the first time in all my 46 years of dressing as a girl,I have gone without wearing tights.The weather here in the Uk has been so warm for so many weeks it is not practical to wear hose.I love my tights as they make my legs look great but I have not minded going bare legged.Tights can be very uncomfortable im warm weather.Most women over here do not wear tights in this hot weather.As it is always my intention to emulate genetic women I am happy to dress like they do in the summer.Without tights I wear open toed sandles and mules.It's funny in male mode when I am out I never wear mens ooen toed sandals or flip flops and wear shoes with socks.I have never been comfortable in displaying feet.However,in female mode I do not mind doing this.Must be something to do with the duality of crossdressing.
    • MaryEllen
      Hello Roberta,   I can change your name if you'd like. I assume it would be Roberta-Belinda. I'll hold off until you've seen this so you won't have any problems signing in next time.
  • Upcoming Events