• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Just Lost My Health Insurance

Timber Wolf

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone,

Afraid I'm feeling down right now. I was just informed that I no longer have health insurance. I guess trump can't afford to pay for his super wealthy friends jaunting around on their private jets and my medicaid at the same time. Note the frustration.? I can barely make it from one paycheck to the next. During the winter transportation to work and back costs more. With transportation, rent, food, and other expenses, there's nothing left at the end of the pay period. How can I afford insurance? Because of my back, I can't stand up for very long, which means there aren't many jobs I can do. I'm working for just 20 cents over minimum wage for only 32 hours per week. But now trump and the republicans say that is too much money. 

I can't afford my meds now. I've been prescribed a med to help prevent internal GI bleeding from repeating. That had me in the hospital for a week last spring. Now I can't afford the meds. I also have dental work in bad need of doing. I just got an infection in my teeth cleared up for that, but now can't get that done either. Without that work, the infection is bound to return, the pain will be so bad I will have to take ibuprofen(I'm allergic to acetaminophen), which, without my med, will probably restart the GI bleeding, which could be life threatening without medical treatment and a long hospital stay. All with no way to pay. It's also possible a tooth infection could escape my mouth a turn my blood septic. 

Although it may not actually have a direct barring on this, it sure makes any hopes and dreams of being able to do anything transition related feel so much farther away.? 

Pardon me while I scream aaaarrrrgh!??

Well, the sun will rise tomorrow. We'll see what tomorrow has in store. Shouldn't be feeling as sorry for myself by then I hope.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

• Forum Moderator

I am so sorry to hear this.  I agree that it is frustrating, particularly when all you want is a little bit of a break so you can move forward.  That's what we all want.   I understand its hard but focus on your health the best you can.   Yes, the sun will rise tomorrow and it will be a new day. 

Lots of love back to you, 

Jani

I too am sorry to hear that Timber. I know that has to be hard and scary to deal with. Try to hang on hope of a better day tomorrow and take each day as it comes. I know we don't really know each other and that I have only been back here for a few days. But I can see the impact around here that you have by reading many of your posts. I just want you know your words and responses are very inspiring to me. And I am sure most around here would agree with me on that one! You are in my thoughts and prayers hun.

Bigg Huggsss!

Katrina

• Root Admin

I'm so sorry to hear this, Carla. Come what may, you'll get through this. Believe that you will and it will happen.  :)

MaryEllen

• Forum Moderator

So sorry to hear Carla

Keep moving forward as best you can. You will get there.

Tracy

Carla, I'm so sorry. I find that in times like you're experiencing, it just motivates me to find a solution. There has got to be programs out there to assist you and of course the government doesn't want you to know. I know it's frustrating but start digging in and see what you can find. My favorite saying is, "You never know what the new tide will bring in".

Good thoughts to you!

Tess

• Forum Moderator

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this Carla.  Life on it's terms is sometimes very difficult.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.  The days are getting longer and spring will return.  We just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other today.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Thank you all. The sun did rise this morning, and my outlook is a bit sunnier again. As Mr. Spock likes to say, "I always like to think there are possibilities."

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

Carla, this is a lot to cope with!! My heart goes out to you. It seems like you've fallen into that gap in our country, where there aren't enough resources. I truly hope you can chip away at getting your health needs met to keep your overall outlook somewhat positive. 

I'm sure if we could all meet you for coffee, you'd get lots and lots of hugs.

Gwen

See if this org has an affiliated clinic near you. They might be able to help you stay on your meds. It's completely asinine to take struggling poor working adults and cut their health care so that they slide further into poverty and wind up sick enough to not be able to work. 

http://www.fcomi.org/find-a-clinic.html

58 minutes ago, MaryMary said:

Wow, I feel a lot of empathy for those who have to go trough this health insurance thing. I'm so used to the public health care here I forget that in some country health is considered like a luxury. Arggg...

its such a mess here Mary, we need  your system for sure !!!!