Nora Kayte

Painful Erections

Nora Kayte

Sorry if this is a trigger or to graphic. But I was hoping for the erections to go away when I started the anti-androgens. But 17 months in and I am still able. Or let me rephrase that. Still get them more often than I like. 

I love my wife very much. And for me the ability is something I would like to keep at least for now. It’s a kind of a weird thing. I want it gone. But don’t plan on getting rid of it. But in the future depending on my wife staying or leaving might affect that decision. If that makes sense. 

So I am a extremely -excited- person. And right now my wife is not interested because of her self image. She is not comfortable with herself. Yesterday just thinking about stuff and it happened. And not slightly. I was full blown and rock hard. And the only way to stop it is to take care of it. Or it would happen again and I don’t want that. At this time in my transition I would not mind one bit if it never worked again. I am flip flopping right now as I write this. Maybe I do want it gone. Its driving me nuts. I don’t think I could turn down an offer to get SRS if it was presented to me. I don’t know. Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Well anyway. Right now I have extreme pain when it happens. And that is the main thing I need to stop and all the research I have done says even an orchiectomy would not stop it. 

Why cant I be like others. Take my hormones and the want be gone? In the beginning it did go away. But now it’s back with a vengeance. I’m -excited- all the time. And when it happens the pain is there and it does not shrink back down to normal for a few days. So I have pain right now. And it’s been a couple of days. 

I talked to my my doctor and she thinks the spiro might be the cause of the pain. So she told me to stop taking it. The Progesterone and Estradiol should keep the T down without it. And the pain should go away. I am hoping she is right. But I get this feeling the only way is SRS. And no way way while I am with my wife do I think that could happen. Even knowing my insurance will cover it. It’s just so aggravating. 

Thank you you for letting me vent. Had to get it out. Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Nora

MaryMary

I have a lot of empathy for you. I was at odd with this part before the surgery and it was dead because of HRT. Having trouble with it must be a pain... 

MarcieMarie12

Before SRS, i would only get them occasionally after over a year on HRT. But, ithey did ache, and I wanted them gone as soon as possible.

VickySGV
On 1/10/2018 at 12:51 PM, Nora Kayte said:

And when it happens the pain is there and it does not shrink back down to normal for a few days. So I have pain right now. And it’s been a couple of days. 

Did you tell the doctor about that phenomena, of the erection lasting that long?  That sounds more like a problem for a urologist and may be more than just the medications.

TMI warning!!

With that question asked, I will say that I did have some real nasty and painful erections at about 10 months into HRT on Estrogen only*, the last one occurred at night as what used to be wet dreams, but that time it felt like someone was doing surgery on me with a dull stiletto knife without benefit of anesthetic.  I literally thrashed about in the bed so hard I fell out and woke up between mattress top and the floor, doing damage to one elbow.  After that experience I no longer became engorged but did maintain sensitivity which took a slight vacation right after  my GCS, but did come back to my neo-clitoris at about 11 months post.  

*My Spiro came after this event for blood pressure control only, when a diuretic I had been using kept crashing my potassium levels and making me miserable for other reasons. I still use it Post Op.

TessaOKC

Mine were painful for about eighteen months. Three years on hrt I can still function and have no pain at all. The fact you are in pain for a few days after is a red flag for me. Also, I have never read that estrogen or progesterone drops T levels. I'm so sorry you're experiencing this but I think you need to do some serious research. Best of luck....

Nora Kayte

I had my pellets reupped on Monday. At first I thought that was the problem (needing more estrogen in my system) because it seemed like I could not get one. But then I started getting -excited- and wallah. But the pain was less and went away quickly after I took care of it. Feels weird talking about this but if it may help someone else in the future then I’m ok. I have a blood test in 6 weeks to see if the Estrodiol and progesterone by itself will keep the T down or not. But so far without the spiro or bicalutamide. I don’t feel any different. Except that if I try I can keep it (erections) from happening if I don’t think about it. So all and all reupping my pellets and stopping the anti androgens seem to be helping. 

TessaOKC

Glad to hear it Nora, "Keep UP" the good work !!! lol