Sign in to follow this  
Carolyn Marie

Another Probable Murder of a Trans Woman In L.A.

Carolyn Marie

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/los-angeles-trans-community-mourns-death-of-viccky_us_5a581c26e4b0d3efcf695724

This is the third homicide of a trans woman nationwide since December.  May Viccky rest in peace.

Carolyn Marie

VickySGV

There was a vigil held for her out in the Venice area Friday evening, but our TG support at the LALGBT center a few hours ago, also remembered here.  I had briefly met her one night along with another Trans Latina at an event in downtown Los Angeles.  We had some very upset and scared people at the meeting tonight as a result of this. 

Rachel Gia

I was curious after reading this and found there is a list of unlawfully killed Trans people killed on Wikipedia

As the years go on the list per year gets longer and is jaw dropping.

i

Gwen

So very sad to read this on a Saturday morning. It makes my heart ache.

Gwen

VickySGV

My Face Book feed from a woman who knew her has a report that they have caught the person who killed her and he has admitted taking her life.  Here in California, the Trans Panic Defense has been outlawed so he cannot hide behind that. 

Charlize

What a pity that a lovely young life is lost.  We all need to be careful.  The risks are always highest when alcohol, drugs or sex are involved.  As trans folks we have long been targets in this society.  With the current climate it is definitely worse.  Hopefully that will change soon and decency and kindness will return to our government.

Hugs,

Charlize

Carolyn Marie

Here is a follow up to this story.  A man has been charged with her murder, and the crime is alleged to have involved "special circumstances," potentially making this a death penalty case.

http://abc7.com/man-charged-in-stabbing-death-of-transgender-woman-in-pico-union/2954555/

Carolyn Marie