• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Chelsea Manning to Seek Senate Seat

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

It is too early for me to even try to evaluate this one, but I know it will produce smoke, flames and heat before it resolves itself.  I have already seen enough in other places that scares me for many reasons.  I am going to stay out of the political / character / justice angle of this, but my moderator hard hat is on to see where this goes. .

• Forum Moderator

I doubt this will go too far but it is indeed worth watching.

Hugs,

Charlize

Can I get a Charlie Brown, "good grief"?  Does she do anything besides concoct ways to draw the spotlight onto herself each day?  I'm putting her in my Caitlyn Jenner box.

I have very mixed feelings about this. She'll be attacked from every direction - not that she's not used to this - but she'll be one more trans woman stepping into the political spotlight. I do question her motives though and sure hope she doesn't follow her loss (polls show she's waaaaaay behind) with a talk show. As Charlie would say, Good grief :)

Gwen

1 hour ago, DenimAndLace said:

Can I get a Charlie Brown, "good grief"?  Does she do anything besides concoct ways to draw the spotlight onto herself each day?  I'm putting her in my Caitlyn Jenner box.

Good Grief!!!! Totally agree Denim and Lace. She needs to be thankful for her commuted sentence and go live a nice life OUT of the spotlight.

The transgender community needs positive role models not Chelsea Manning.

• Admin

I do not know who her opponents will be, but I do not understand what her qualifications for Senator might be, other than being famous/notorious.  Those are not qualifications, they are reasons for doubt.  Let her run for, and be elected to, a local office and see how she does.  Let her gain some experience, and prove that she is more than just a provocateur, before trying her hand at national politics.  Danica Roem is a great example of that approach.

Carolyn Marie

The public already has a preconceived idea of what Chelsea is all about. So her move into the political arena is already over  even if she doesn't realize it. There is getting to be more and more from the Trans community entering into the local political arena's  that are much more qualified to move into the national political field. People that have built reputations of understanding all the issues that we face as a nation. All that people like Chelsea and for that matter Caitlyn have done is be an embarrassment  to the transgender world because of their actions or by not understanding how their political stances effect  both them and us. Make me want to :banghead:!

Huggsss!!

Katrina

21 hours ago, ChickenLittle said:

Heck YES I love Chelsea and would totally vote for her. 

Thanks for writing this :) I've been following her in the media for years, and I think she's kinda cute. But that's besides the point. And she does have a rather remarkable story.

I saw her first campaign ad on youtube yesterday, and it was dreadful. Very amateurish. It looked like it could've have been done by high schoolers. I sure hope she gets some help in this area.

Gwen

• Forum Moderator
On 1/14/2018 at 2:59 PM, Carolyn Marie said:

I do not know who her opponents will be, but I do not understand what her qualifications for Senator might be, other than being famous/notorious.  Those are not qualifications, they are reasons for doubt.

Well we have a president who was nothing but famous/notorious so now everyone thinks they can join in.

Good grief, indeed!

Jani 

I think Kristin Beck is 100% correct. She doesn't have a snowball's chance in a volcano. It's a publicity stunt.

• Root Admin

I agree. It's a publicity stunt. A stunt I fear will do more harm than good to the transgender community.

MaryEllen

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 93 Guests (See full list)

• Pip
    • Ashley0616
    • Heather Shay