• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Trucks

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

When i first came to this site a number of years ago folks were taking about their hot cars and often their trucks.  It seemed that perhaps as a trans woman i was unique in enjoying my vehicle.  I was wrong.  I feel great climbing down out of my little dump truck.  It makes me feel like a hottie for some reason.

Am i alone in this?

Hugs,

Charlize

vt. truck - 1.jpg

Well, setting aside the “hottie” part (I've never even been a “lukewarmie”), I can relate to your comment.

I bought a year-old GMC 1500 in 1998, and it was a real workhorse. That truck saw us through five moves, eighteen months of delivering auto parts (often on pallets), and countless other uses.

Other than two tire blowouts on the interstate (not the truck's fault, of course...), it never gave me a problem that wasn't easily fixed. Eventually, the driver's side door had to be held closed with a hook-and-eye and the tailgate was bungee-corded in place.

At the end, the AC quit and the engine gave up the ghost (or, more precisely, the head gasket). I couldn't sink a lot of money into the poor thing, so I reluctantly sold it “as is”.

• Admin

I put 400K on my first pick-up truck, including one cross continent, and a 1/2 continent, and an L.A. to Seattle north trip and over 100K on my work field trips.  I am on truck 4 with the two in the middle getting totaled by other at-fault drivers when they were over 100K apiece, I have been a bit easier on the current one, all by the way 4x4's that have gotten the 4 going all at once.  I bought my first one when my kids were late teens but still in their youth groups where I did volunteer work. 

My decision to get the truck was after one trip with other kids in my station wagon, one of whom was foul mouthing and calling me and other leaders nasty names.  I actually pulled into a Highway Patrol Station and told the kid the CHiPS could have the parents come and collect him, IF they wanted to.  An officer did come out and did call the parents (pre cell phone days) and let all of them know that interfering with a driver was an offense here in CA. He got really quiet on the rest of the trip to his house.  (The kid was booted out of the program the next week). With my Truck I could tell people I could not transport kids other than my own, but could take camp gear, including cooking gear for the adults, and to clinch the deal, I was a darn good camp cook!!

• Forum Moderator

Well, I finally get to see your dump truck. It pale's next to you, however!

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

I had to look for the truck. I was distracted by the hottie standing next to it. 

Great photo Charlize. 

My current truck is a 2015 Chevy Colorado really nice. 

i just got a chevy 3500  6.5 diesel. I some times randomly bring cars home, opps lol  Least now i can tow them.

• Forum Moderator

The little cars I have had had would be almost invisible next to these :D

I did like the look of a Dodge some time back, but totally impractical for me. Even the garage is too small for anything other than a car.

Lovely photo Charlize x

I'm almost embarrassed to report that my favorite trucks have been Toyota Tacoma pickups - I've owned two, both white! Although I did own a 67' Chevy Carryall once that was a gas guzzler but lots of fun to drive.  I bought it from a school system and it was school-bus yellow :)

I'm surrounded by farmers who all have the latest pickups. I envy them all!

Gwen

• Forum Moderator

I loved Toyota trucks but have owned more Nissan's.  I used to love driving into the lumber yard each day and loading my little truck with more lumber than most of the "big boys" had in their's.  I brought our post and beam barn home in a Nissan 4 cylinder PU.  Admittedly a friend brought  3- 8"x 16" x24' main beams back to our farm.  They were just to big for my roof rack.

With the farm at this point this dump truck works so well in making deliveries and bringing hay and feed back for the livestock.

As a fun aside i felt odd driving it after transition until i went to a local station to fuel up.  In NJ you are not allowed to pump your own gas but one does pump diesel.  I was wearing a fair short skirt and a pair of cute sandals that showed bright red toe nails.  Almost as soon as my leg came off of the top step an attendant appeared behind me asking to help.  Mmmm....lovely.

I find the same at the local Home Despot.  (i miss our old lumber yard).  I no longer have to load myself if i simply wear a skirt.  The problem is convincing the men that my truck can handle a pallet load of block.  It can be a pisser to be just a girl.  However there are enough disadvantages to being female that i do enjoy being pampered at times.

I have several trans friends who drive professionally.  It takes time to find acceptance first as being ourselves and also for being competent despite our gender.

Other women always give me a smile and that makes my day!

Hugs,

Charlize

I love your stories, Charlize! I once had a friend who owned a red Nissan. His had big tires and looked more like a man-toy. I still miss my first Toyota (new), which got excellent mileage and didn't need a single repair in 135,000 miles. The second was geared for towing and guzzled gas. There's a huge auto show going on in Detroit over the next week and I hope to go and caress a few truck fenders :)

Gwen

I have 2010 CRV  i did drive for years my parents 3/4 ton gm van and then their 1 ton dodge van.  i do have a thing for military trucks 

i like the M809 series and some of the large german and russian trucks  

• Forum Moderator

This is my other baby.  It's a "52 chevy 1 ton flatbed that we use mostly for farm markets.

Hugs,

Charlize

52 @ market - 1.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Oh my gosh, I love it! Like stepping into a bygone era!

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

This is one hefty vehicle! And in wonderful condition. I hope you drive with your arm out the window while wearing cool sunglasses :)

Gwen

• Forum Moderator

I like trucks too.  I've always driven Dodge's.  I still have my 1989 Dodge D350 one ton dually.  It was primarily used as a race car hauler and I had a slide in camper on it for a while for use at the track.  I've hauled everything in this truck and it never fails to make me smile.  I always get comments about it as it's an "old school" style with bolt on fender extensions.

Jani

• Forum Moderator

It is in great shape!.  I love the hood ornament.

Hugs,

Charlize

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 100 Guests (See full list)

• TopTS4ME
    • Susie
    • DeniseKell
    • Ashley0616
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • VickySGV