• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Nothing unusual but....

Guest Rachel Gia

Guest Rachel Gia

<_<

Just waiting for my son to vacate the bathroom so I can get ready for my yearly medical.

She's a new doctor and although I saw her once in Sept this will be my first medical with her.

My electrologist is tomorrow so I have a little growth of white hairs but the denuding of the chin is noticable.

I figure no makeup.

The other significance is it will be my second medical since starting hormones so my second exam for breast cancer signs.

(I check for signs but have never formally learned)

For some reason i am kind of private with surgery so I will leave the details to my discussion with her today as I have approval from my transition doctor and shpuld be on a waiting list.

The weathers lousy here right now and despite Vancouver's beauty in the spring and summer, the winters are mostly wet, dark, and dirty from debris being blown away.

Still it's my home and it always looks worse outside than it actually is.

2 weeks from now is my transistion doctors appointment and I hope to have a surgery date by then or given to me then.

Cheers Rachel

• Forum Moderator

Hope you physical goes well.  My endo's PA showed me beast exam techniques prior to starting HRT.  Perhaps you could ask for help.  It is an important skill.My primary doctor had not my physcial for several years due to scheduling difficulties.  This last exam was made memorable by her seemingly surprised exclamation:  "You've got tities".  She is a lovely and accepting person but I had to smile at the lapse of professional demeanor.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Good luck Rachel.

If it's any consulation, the weather here is pretty wet, windy and dull too and has been for some time. I remember years ago having predominantly dry, bright frosty and crisp January's. It's November, December and February that were dull, now all of them.

Guest Rachel Gia

Thank you all and it went well with me being in good health however the hormones are most definitely working and I have gained some weight since last year.

I had taken some action in November to cut back on cooking will oil.

Its not bad and I was telling my electrologist that I laugh out loud sometimes when I put on my jeans and I see how hippy I have gotten so its a good thing.

The number is not a good thing so I will be changing a few other things to bring it down.

Its nice to have two doctors on board who are making this easy for me.

My electrologist is also a real godsend for me as she is so supporting and we always seem to have fun in what is a painful procedure.

I will be checking into how to check my breasts and sort of do that daily.

Work looms as does the weather:D

Rachel

Rachel, sounds like a good report overall. You seem to have lots of reasons to feel positive about your progress. I love the relationship you've developed with the electrologist! What a surprise. One would never expect to find such a supportive ally with someone who's simply removing hair from your body :)

Hugs

Gwen

• Forum Moderator

Glad things went well for you.  When i read about cooking with less oil i thought about my experience.

A while back after a second heart attack i got serious about starting and living a low fat diet.  I started looking at the packages and when the percentage of fat was high i went to another brand or cut it out of my diet.  I had started a vegetarian diet awhile beforehand found that weight simply disappeared with a change away from fats, oils etc.  I'm now about my high school weight (not during wrestling season) which is pretty good especially considering my hips have grown as well.

Not only did it help in weight loss but i'm sure my heart is happier and for me that's a life or death situation.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Hi Rachel,

That news makes me happy to hear it! I always love good news.:D

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

Guest Rachel Gia

Hi Everyone!,

The thing i have to take out of my diet is salt and all forms of preservatives as I have gotten even more sensitive to them these days.

This has been a battle for me for some time, even before HRT.

I pretty much live a Spartan life style food wise but this stuff gets by me all the time.

Its really weird but my sons vegan baking is even more disruptive to my system and I get the worst reactions after sampling his cookies or breads. Go figure!

Its now seems to be happening with this other bread that is coarse grain rye and pricey healthy stuff.

I looked at the ingredients in table salt , which I never use and along with NaCl there are three other compounds added to it. It was a no go and I think the only thing for me to do is learn to eat without out adding salt in any form.

It's bizarre how almost nothing we are sold these days is pure. Organic sour cream for instance has a bunch of stuff added to it like tapioca starch added to it.

I really don't have to worry to much about losing weight I figure as I am going into another round of "Fear of Food!", which I went through about 15 years ago.

This happened when my body developed an intolerance to eggs and I did not know it and in the process ended up hardly eating anything other than ice cream as I was terrified of the reaction.

I went down to 165 and I am 6 ft 4 in.

HRT seems to be spotlighting my food issues but I got through it in the early stages of starting HRT and know I can get through it again. '

Thankfully Spiro will be a thing of the past once I get the orch done and I am looking forward to that!

Rachel

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 149 Guests (See full list)

• rachel w
    • MaryEllen
    • Betty K
    • VickySGV
    • MaybeRob
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Quillian
    Newest Member
    Quillian

1. 777fleetleader777
      777fleetleader777
      (21 years old)
    2. ArinHallm3
      ArinHallm3
      (18 years old)
    3. ITakMyTime
      ITakMyTime
      (70 years old)
    4. Jess31
      Jess31
      (40 years old)
    5. Natalie71645
      Natalie71645
      (39 years old)
    • Ashley0616
      I'm sorry! :( Hopefully something better will come up
    • Ashley0616
      Thank you! Did great with the kids
    • Sally Stone
      That's me too, Mae.  I don't think it's me as much as it is the camera (that's my story anyway).  Cameras hate me.  I never met one that liked me.  I often wish I was photogenic; sadly, not so much.   However, you look terrific in that selfie! 
    • Sally Stone
      April, I'm so glad things went well when you came out to your spouse.  So often, things can go sideways.  It's a hurdle we all have to jump at some point.
    • violet r
      I totally understand what you just said. I can relate to this very well. I have a lot.of similar feelings.
    • KymmieL
      Well it is a no go for the new position. OH, well. nothing ventured nothing gained.   Kymmie
    • Davie
      Dickey Betts, the singer, songwriter, and guitarist of the Allman Brothers Band whose piercing solos, beloved songs and hell-raising spirit defined the band and Southern rock in general, died Thursday morning 04/18/2024 at the age of 80. Rest in peace...
    • MaeBe
      Thank you @Mirrabooka!
    • April Marie
      What an amazing life you've shared with your wife. I can understand the trepidation you had at telling her at that point in your relationship but it certainly saved all of the guilt, the questioning and the secrecy that would have filled your lives had you not.   I'm on the other end of the spectrum having denied and buried my truth for decades and fast approaching 50 years of marriage when the dysphoria and depression finally came to critical mass and I unloaded it all on a New Year's Day morning. As you might imagine, it led to a lot of questions, of questioning everything, of anger and hurt on my wife's part. Guilt, embarrassment, fear...and anything else you can imagine on my part.   Thankfully, our love for each other has always been the foundation of our relationship and, ultimately, we both agreed that staying together was what we both wanted. It was a tough year but, now into the 2d since my coming out, we've hit our stride and are exploring this new norm in our life.   I do so love your blog.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Will be at my place
    • Vidanjali
      Congratulations on your new family member!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I thought I would try my version of this. Changes in bold.   I am Transgender.  Sometimes it is remote, sometimes close. Sometimes I am euphoric, sometimes depressed. It is something I cannot get away from and cannot welcome enough. I see some things both ways that neither men as men see or women as women see.  I can be gentle and compassionate and hard as nails. I was born with male genitals but a female heart   I have my heart.  Whatever it is. When I look at a female, I wish I looked like her  Depends on the woman.  When I look at a male, I wish I did not look like him   Ditto. I envy female movements, softness, behaviors, appearances, fashion...EVERYTHING Female Depends. Sometimes I get angry at them because women spend time and energy in ways men don't.  It is not necessarily bad.  I could do without the gossip. Not all women gossip.  Excessive focus on fashion is something I find annoying. And expensive. I tolerate all things male out of social obligation...not because I feel like a man or because it makes me happy....but because that's what I was forced to believe was my only choice....beginning in early childhood. Sometimes it is helpful to put on the Iron Man suit and act accordingly.  But I have seen some tough women. When I look at myself in the mirror in only bra and panties...I can see my nude female body...and it makes me smile and feel amazing and warm inside....yet sad because that is not my reality. I could go either way, mostly. Really.  In tests in the last two years technicians have gone really quiet when they see how little body and leg hair I have.  I looked at myself this morning.  Remove a few clues and a girl is standing there. When I look at myself in the mirror in only boxers...I can see my nude male body and it saddens me deeply and makes me feel sick and depressed...and at times...even ashamed....Because this IS my reality. At this point I am not going to do that. In the mood I am in I might break the mirror. My true gender does not influence my sexual interests or preferences...or change who I am....in any form or fashion. Gender identity is in no way connected to anything sexually related on any level.  Not sure I want to make that statement so categorically. Life as a male leaves me with a feeling that something is off...that something is missing...that something is not as it should have been.   Well put. The idea of having to continue living as a male...as someone I am not...for the rest of my life...even if its only part time...causes great sadness and anxiety within myself. I've got priorities beyond this that this must fit into. The idea of living as the girl I am and always have been on a full time basis...regardless of where I am, what I am doing or who I am around...brings me great joy, happiness and a sense of peace within myself.  Would be neat. Looking like and living as a girl makes me smile.   Would be neat.  There are downsides.  Looking like and living as a guy makes me sad.   I have had lots of practice accepting this. I am Transgender....I am a girl
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      Good listener, respect them, and show sympathy/empathy, even just being there
    • Ashley0616
      Getting dog today he's potty trained
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.