• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlize

Removing gender from God

Charlize

To me this makes a great deal of sense.  i have heard women who have had it with a male dominated world read the Lord"s Prayer or other text substituting she or her.  I simply have trouble with the big white, bearded guy in the sky.  I was presented with that image as a child.  Finally....a change?

Please i mean no offense to those whose belief includes Him but there should certainly be space for Her or It as well.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/u.s.-episcopal-diocese-votes-to-stop-using-masculine-pronouns-for-god1

Hugs,

Charlize

tracy_j

Personally, my belief is somewhat spiritual, so although brought up as Christian I take all religions and have little concern for he or she. I know that would upset some devout followers, but, to me, it is the inner meaning of such writings and teachings rather than specific words.

Tracy

VickySGV

This is a movement in The Episcopal Church USA, the same one that removed restrictions on Gay and Trans Clergy all the way up to our top here in the U.S..  It has gotten us (I am an Episcopalian) into hot water with the other branches of the Anglican Communion which is generally all of the "national churches" that shot off from The Church Of England as British colonies gained independence from England.  I am quite sure that this will do nothing to improve the strained situation that currently exists. but I was not surprised when I first heard of it.  The Episcopal Church is having its triennial General Convention in Houston this coming summer which would not have been there if Texas had passed its bathroom legislation, and the actions of the Diocese of DC is typical of the things that they tell their convention delegates to introduce and vote on.  This article is really pretty lopsided and is certainly not a person in favor of the idea.  There are more theologians spread all over the map than is represented here and they have a much different set of opinions, I know that the delegates from my Diocese have free rein  on the subject, since I have spoken with them, and four of the six would probably go for it, but happily all of them are in favor of including a special service for the Renaming of Trans people in church rites. 

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • Ellora
    • Jocelyn
    • KeiraC
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Feeltherain24
    Newest Member
    Feeltherain24

1. Gwynivere0819
      Gwynivere0819
      (17 years old)
    2. scress19
      scress19
    3. Uncouthguru22
      Uncouthguru22
    • Charlize
      The first time i was mam'ed was in the south going into a convince store.  He even held the door for me.  I was floating!   I hope your journey works out for you Sara.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Cyndee
      Good luck with the appointment, may it go well for you....   C -
    • SaraAW
      I have my first endo appointment today. So nervous.   My wife is hoping they will find something wrong with me and that I won’t be eligible for HRT. She is still very much against anything that even hints I’m a woman. Hoping she comes around eventually, but I can’t keep going on the way I am now.    Have a a great day everyone.    *hugs*
    • Cyndee
      You will always remember your first. It's a great feeling.....   Congrats !
    • Raven1981
      I still wear my breast forms whenever I feel like that I need a little help.  My natural size is a 38B and my breast forms are a B cup so it does help me when I am feeling like I need a little help.  But there are some times I sleep in my breast forms and some times I dont.   But to me it is all about comfort and how realistic you look.   What is the difference between a Trans woman and a Cross Dresser?  The Cross Dresser can't wait to get home to put her bra ON, a Trans woman can't wait to get home and take her bra OFF.            I love Vicky's quote here and I guess that I am a Trans individual cause I will admit that I love wearing a bra but OMG it feels so good to take it off when I get home.
    • Kirsten
      A year in and I still don’t mind wearing a bra. At the start I liked the bralettes best. There still my go to for pjs on super hot nights too. Underwire isn't comfortable, but it sure does a great job of pushing everything where it belongs.  I use the little add a cup chicken cutlets still at times. Usually with something that shows a lot of cleavage cause the rest of the time I just don’t care. 
    • Kirsten
      For me it’s one simple thing. No more being fake. I get to meet people and be myself. I get to dress walk talk act and be myself. That’s it. 
    • Timber Wolf
      Good morning everyone,   Happy Birthday Gwenivere0819!🎂 Happy Birthday scress19!🎂 Happy Birthday Uncouthguru22!🎂 Hope you have lots of fun today!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Timber Wolf
      I'm not out to the world, but I am to my family, and to my family I am Carla. It is so nice not to have to hide from them.   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • tracy_j
      I am in a bit of a twighlight zone as I am not really sure if I am out or not. This is maybe partly due to not (at the moment) intending hormones, surgery or legal changes. That said I am pretty much out and relaxed in it. Yesterday I had a chance meeting with one of my partner's sisters (who knows) and her new boyfriend who she has just moved in with. Interestingly it was a good meeting quickly relaxing, although he was obviously initially surprised (actually he was so attractive I think the body language kicked in lol, a good catch for her). It is seldom, if ever, I get embarrassed when I chance meet someone I know when wearing a skirt or dress these days as it is me. A good point to me about coming out is not really having to think much about it any more.   Tracy
    • VickySGV
      luke_b was available.  Done deal.
    • Ellora
    • Debra Michelle
      I am,family and friends are helping out too including my employees.
    • KymmieL
      I forgot to post this yesterday. I got Ma'am d. Or at least I hope it was.   I help out a lady customer with some parts. As she walked away I swore I hear her say, Thanks, Ma'am. It is my first. With my hair in a high pony tail (girl style, to keep it off my neck in the heat) and my fingernails painted + my ladies Minnie Mouse watch.   It felt good.   Kymmie
    • AnnaD
  • Upcoming Events