• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

J_S

Confused and don't know what to do...

J_S

Hey... made one post a few months back, and got some helpful insight and I'm really grateful for it. But at the moment, I haven't been able to see my new school therapist because of scheduling issues, and I'm unsure who to go to. So I've been questioning since last September because I've always had this recurring question of "What if I was born a girl instead of a guy" ever since I can remember. The reason I started exploring is that I had both time, and realized that not everyone thinks like this. I've been out dressed (with a friend so I felt safe) more fem, with breast forms, more fem make-up, at an outfest, and felt so nice, confident, and happier with my body. Not only that, but the few friends I have trusted this secret to say I pass w/o hormones or surgery. Moreso recently, every time when I know I can stay in my room in my apartment w/o having to worry about my roommates, I wear my breastforms and I feel so much better with myself, and now I'm actually having trouble sleeping w/o them on. But, some other days I feel ok with my body as is... I have no idea what I am, how I'm supposed to feel, and It's actually making it hard to focus on other things like homework. I'm also terrified that this might be a phase (NOT TO SAY THAT THIS IS A PHASE FOR EVERYONE OR ANYONE BUT THE WAY IM TREATING IT FOR MYSELF I DONT KNOW) or if I'm fantasizing it, and I'm kind of scared to move forward not knowing if it is or not. I need help, insight, anything... someone to talk to, advice, literally anything. 

I started keeping a journal, but thats only slightly helping... and I dont know what other info to say/what to ask for/what I am.

VickySGV
33 minutes ago, J_S said:

I have no idea what I am, how I'm supposed to feel,

I think I know what you mean here, but I will give the first big answer, that you feel how YOU do and the feelings you have are real as to yourself.  Feelings are good bad or in the middle, but they are not right feelings or wrong feelings, just feelings.  There is no one set of feelings that nails down how a bonafide, 100% <anything in the Trans spectrum> is going to feel.  My personal take is that if you are questioning your gender then you are NOT cis-gender, you are some part of the Trans umbrella but it will take time (50 years in my case) and that is fine since all of us here can tell that story.

33 minutes ago, J_S said:

I'm also terrified that this might be a phase

This may sound smartaleck, but Gender Dysphoria as with other letters of the LGBTQ* community is not a phase. IT IS A LIFE SENTENCE WITHOUT POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE so do not worry that you are doing something wrong or stepping on the toes of those of us who know full well what we are today.  We were in your shoes a few years ago but are here for you today.,

If dressing up makes you feel good, get rid of the guilt for enjoying it.  You are just as weird as any person alive, but when dressed you are a happy weird person, and that is what counts.  Some people may claim you are hurting them, but that is not your problem to deal with.  For now, keep calm until you get a chance to see the therapist who will tell you some of what I just did, and get yourself in here reading and talking with the rest of us.  Don't be a stranger any more. :D

Timber Wolf

Hi J_S,

It can be easy to fear this could be just a phase. We wonder, "What if I start really doing something about this and it suddenly ends?" We forget to think about how we've had these feelings and questions for years and they have not ended. They might abate for a while, but they keep coming back.

You're still young in life. I've lived a few more years and have spent many of those years trying to bury all this and convince myself that it is just a phase. In the end it didn't work. I'm not going through a phase.

Something that can make it difficult to understand ourselves is that there aren't just 2 or 3 catagories of us that we can peg ourselves into. Transgender is a wide spectrum. Therapy can really help here. You said you were in school. I don't know if it's high school or college, but you mentioned an apartment with room mates, but if I remember correctly, you also mentioned needing parental approval for counselling or therapy in you previous post. If there is any way you can see a gender therapist, it would probably help.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf🐾

DenimAndLace
6 hours ago, J_S said:

I'm also terrified that this might be a phase... or if I'm fantasizing it, and I'm kind of scared to move forward not knowing if it is or not. I need help, insight, anything... someone to talk to, advice, literally anything.

So-what if it IS a phase?  You feel better when you wear the forms and clothes so wear them!  You like being identified in public as a woman so do it!  You like wearing makeup?  Then wear it.  Be proud of who you are and stop being ashamed about it.  You.  Are.  Just.  Fine - just-as-you-are.  If or when the day comes that you're no longer interested in wearing these items, stop.  If or when the day comes that you are confident in your gender, be that gender.  If you want to try a new name, ask your friends to call you something else (you don't have to officially change it).  If your gut tells you to try hormones, give them a try (you CAN stop if you don't like them).  When you have reconciled your gender (even if it takes half you lifetime) you can take whatever steps YOU see fit at THAT time.  You aren't crossing a one way bridge; you're exploring a new world.  Just be YOU and bless the world with your individuality.  You are beautiful!!!!  :)

SugarMagnolia

I love that, @DenimAndLace. What a great positive encouraging message! And one that everyone needs to hear more often. Thank you!

J_S:
Denim, TimberWolf and Vicky said it better than I could, and they're right. Give yourself permission to explore, to try new things, new ways of being and envisioning yourself!

Hugs, 
Julie

MarcieMarie12

J_S. , I always thought it was just a phase. I thought it was going to go away as I matured. Quite the opposite happened. By the time I hit my 40's it came back with a vengence. It did not go away. My dysphoria got so bad there was no other choice except transition. 

Do you want to go back to being "him"? That's the question I asked myself, and in being honest with myself the answer is no.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• Zavida
    • Annie
    • AsTheCrow
    • Anna75
    • Jojo
  • Who Was Online

106 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • Annie
    • Zavida
    • Willow
    • AsTheCrow
    • Anna75
    • Jojo
    • Sally
    • JJ
    • Julie J
    • Kirsten
    • MaryEllen
    • CyndiRae
    • ChelseaAnn
    • Cthorne
    • BrandiBri
    • Charlize
    • Natalie86
    • jo jo
    • Roberta-Belinda
    • stbSusan
    • KoreyA
    • DrumbeatAlex
    • Jocelyn
    • Petra Jane
    • Regn
    • tracy_j
    • Dev
    • Sharon Aml
    • Elyssia
    • muqdishaawi
    • Luna L
    • TiaMaria
    • Rebecca591
    • Michelle F
    • Cheyenne skye
    • jae bear
    • Jean.S
    • Martyn
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Bass Dragon
    • Kye Mitchum
    • VickySGV
    • Sk1ttles
    • OlyVersion1
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Rachael
    • Rowan
    • MaryMary
    • Jani
    • Evans
    • Cluck1992
    • Kris
    • just_me
    • ChickenLittle
    • conner
    • MadMadhatter
    • Tommyftm
    • DenimAndLace
    • MarcieMarie12
    • MarvellousMattie
    • Dakota16
    • Snow Princess Sophie
    • Timber Wolf
    • Marbabar
    • Queenie
    • Laxmi Siriwat
    • JD
    • Terry
    • Paul Rankeillor
    • TheJudeResistance
    • Clara84
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
    • KymmieL
    • Cela
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • Noelia6
    • EnbieCutie
    • KeiraC
    • ejen
    • Janeshannon
    • doni
    • PaulaPlaytex
    • Emilio
    • samuel
    • claire1000
    • gski
    • Xavier/Aria
    • Lizzie McTrucker
    • Amy joey
    • Abigail3051
    • Lauryn Michelle
    • Avra
    • Erika_E
    • Carly murr
    • Miae_Flame
    • Naomi Knowles
    • Ravin
    • Leo ray
    • Lina
    • Cmattison
    • Jill55
    • JBfox
    • Laura Beth
    • Sydneyblue
    • April
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Rebecca591

No users celebrating today
    • Julie J
      Thanks for your comments and support Jani, Charlize and traci_j. I appreciate your encouragement and I look forward to getting to know others in these forums as I continue my journey.  Cheers,  Julie 
    • Cthorne
      I love how this is my normal now  
    • CyndiRae
      I am in the "let it go" category on this one, while this is not best thing to hear as you are picking up your script, it does not surprise me in the least (it's Iowa), if you are transitioning there are all kinds of scenarios where the dead name or gender maker from the past come back to haunt you, this sounds just like such a scenario. The legal name change / gender marker change, makes a difference in many of these instances (not always), and can really help you. If you are presenting female in the world, have a female sounding or neutral name, have a "F" on your documents and a lot of this simply vaporizes.... In the mean time one must put up shields to protect one's emotions...   Best to you   Cyndi -
    • Charlize
      Great reaction!  My grandkids had a similar reaction except one of them (the younger) is a bit of an imp and spent his time enjoying a game of trying to remove my wig.  Itch.......  Gotta love him.   Hugs.   Charlize
    • Charlize
      There is absolutely no reason to drop a skirt in the bathroom.  The only issue i've found is with a long full skirt that can be an armful while sitting.  I will never forget the first time i saw a woman squat in a field using her spreading skirts as a privacy screen.  I suddenly understood another important thing about skirts. As to men's attraction.......first of all don't lift your skirt.......sorry i couldn't resist a giggle.  I wear a wedding ring and while someone may be interested he knows that i'm not.  I don't try to attract men but obviously it is an ego booster when i'm found attractive by someone who forgot his glasses.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Natalie86
      Hi Charlize     I am glad I joined to. Thanks for the welcome.     
    • Natalie86
      Hi Jani         Thanks, the words " be yourself" mean so much to me. Thank you.
    • tracy_j
      This does not surprise me in the least, and I would probably just let it go. When I was working in healthcare (although addmittedly not working with drugs), it was part of my job as I saw it, to be observant just in case a mistake has been made somewhere. I can imagine being in a similar position, with a confusion in combination of drugs with gender without realising background. The problem here, as I see it, would be the conversation being in the open with possible eavesdroppers (I think over here pharmacists are covered by medical confidentiality as are other health professionals, although not being one I don't fully know. They do have a responsibility to check what they are doing, and essentially flag up dangerous situations).   Tracy
    • tracy_j
      From my experience / opinion:   When I am wearing a skirt I usually lift it. Obviously the rear is the main issue, and I generally use a sort of scooping action to lift things out the way. This way, I can use a similar action with dresses which obviously would be impractical to pull down. One thing to remember is that women grow up from little girls. Little girls mostly wear short skirts / dresses so likely learn by lifting rather than lowering. I don't really know though, but as you are in private, it really does not matter.   I have less experience with dating, as I am not alone either, but when the occasion arises I love to flirt. Your relationships are really a matter for you, your wife  and your conscience. That said I would urge you to be very careful as guys are often out for just a quick lay. It is easy to get attention (even I have had that), but they can often take advantage, satisfy their urges and then realise and get nasty or at the least indifferent. Such men may well play the field and be risky healthwise in other ways too. As a woman, you need to think like a woman but be even more careful as some men are very transphobic. They may not realise that you are trans. When they do they will likely get very embarrased and get nasty.   I always put moisturiser on my legs after shaving (and at other times too). Personally I like matt legs so don't look for shine.   Tracy
    • tracy_j
      Hi Julie,   Welcome 😊   I am glad things are steadily working out for you.   Tracy
    • tracy_j
    • jae bear
      Oh goodness me, I agree with everyone here, that is definitely a breach of patient confidentiality as well as simply bad manners !   Hugs,   Jackie 
    • ChelseaAnn
      Also, I forgot. What is the best way to make my legs appear shinier? I shaved just tonight, but should i put lotion on so they look nicer?
    • Carolyn Marie
      If this is indeed a homicide, it would be the fourth in Florida this year.   http://www.14news.com/story/38695860/this-world-can-be-very-cruel-transgender-woman-found-dead-in-fl-with-trauma-to-body   Carolyn Marie
    • ChelseaAnn
      So, I hope this is in the right section. I occasionally get to go out as Chelsea when my wife gives me some time. I have gone out many times and had lots of success in passing, but I'm still learning some things. Disclaimer, some of these questions sound stupid in my head.   First, if you are wearing a skirt, long or short, what is the proper way to use the bathroom? Do you lift the skirt up or pull it down like pants? Or can you lift loose skirts but pull down those that are right?   Second. In the past, when I've gone out, a friend told me I attracted some male attention. (It made me feel good to hear that.) My question is, because I'm married, is it wrong to try and attract it? Like, not really flirting but actively trying to get the attention that cis girls get from guys?
  • Upcoming Events