• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jae bear

No Way to Die

jae bear

dear dad was a terrible drunk
he'd drink until he got sunk
vodka worked very well for him
his liver and kidneys did not

he had two wonderful sisters
that would call him out on his junk
they tried to help him get better
but he died in his own pool of funk

Timber Wolf

That is a tough way to die. I myself am a recovering addict. And I'm fortunate to have lived to see this day.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf🐾

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 78 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • tapeleg42
    • KathyLauren
    • Susan R
    • A. Dillon
    • SaraAW
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

KathyLauren
    Newest Member
    KathyLauren

1. KathrynJulia
      KathrynJulia
      (65 years old)
    2. Michelle 2010
      Michelle 2010
      (10 years old)
    3. Shiratori
      Shiratori
      (48 years old)
    4. woahshutitdown
      woahshutitdown
      (29 years old)
    • tapeleg42
      I've been hemming and hawing over my gender identity for about a year now, unsure if my feelings aren't about being trans but just some misplaced projection of my other issues.  But the fact is I would slam that button so hard.  Plus, whenever I get so overwhelmed and frustrated with my own doubt gremlins I always end up thinking, "This would be so much easier if I had just been born a female."  I still have things to work out with my therapist, but those two notions are pretty strong signs, I think.
    • SaraAW
      I’m pretty sure I’ve grown too big (not physically, as I was and am already a tall gal) to be shoved back into the tiny closet I escaped from. In all seriousness, I would not want to. If it was a matter of life and death, I might be able to hide for awhile, but I don’t think I’d survive doing it for too long, now that I have started to see me and the world through my true eyes. 
    • KathyLauren
      Years ago, long before I seriously considered that I might be trans, I wondered what name I would use if I was a woman.  (Hello, can you say "head in the sand" or what?)  I decided that transitioning my signature was important to me, so I wanted something that would look similar to my old signature.  My boy name was Keith, so I decided that Kathy was the obvious choice.   When it came time to pick a new name for real, that seemed as good a name as any.  I picked Lauren as my middle name for similar reasons: it was a feminine version of my male middle name.  When I announced my transition and my name choice to my brothers, they had no trouble figuring out where the names came from.   My wife suggested several names to me, but her choices were terrible!   I just couldn't see myself using them.  Anyway, my legal name change is done, and I feel like a Kathy.
    • KathyLauren
      RCAF* from 1973 to 1982.  I was a pilot / flying instructor, flying the Tutor jet.   *While I was a member, it wasn't called the RCAF, but they have since fixed that.
    • Jackie C.
      Yeah, you don't really want a "smooth operator" vibe anyway. Those guys tend to be walking garbage fires. Most guys, especially when they're young, are pretty clueless about flirting. Honestly, it's cute.   Comfort levels with people have a lot to do with it too. Different members of the couple are allowed to have different levels of flirting. For example, I will say things to Susan that make her give me a look that says, "Is there even a word for what's wrong with you?" As another example, I was at the chiropractor. I'd been seeing them for a few months at that point and felt comfortable joking around with the doctor and the technician. The tech had me in a spine extender. Basically a tight jacket around your ribs and another around your pelvis. So he puts on the one for my ribs and asks, "Is that too much?" I raised my voice an octave, got all breathy and answered, "Harder daddy!" He couldn't look at me for the rest of the visit. There's probably something wrong with me.   The point being that your new friend sounds more comfortable around you than you are around him. Maybe a little more extroverted too. That's not a criticism, some of my best friends are like that. They have a minimal filter and they're comfortable around me. Enjoy it! You'll loosen up as your relationship deepens and you get to know each other better. A good partnership covers for each other's weak spots and builds on each other's strengths.   Seriously, I am positively giddy for you.   Hugs!
    • KathyLauren
      Having doubts is a normal part of this process.  Whenever doubts arise, I just ask myself if I could go back.  The answer is a resounding no.   I have never been suicidal, fortunately.  But when I thought about how it would feel to have to live the rest of my life as the male that I thought I was, I can see how such thoughts could arise.  The very idea filled me with horror.  It was that thought that motivated me to come out to my wife in the first place, and that thought that kept my going when I had doubts.  Luckily, the doubts get fewer the further I go.
    • Jackie C.
      Welcome to the community KathyLauren! Happy to meet you.   I had a similar experience with my spouse. That was a very difficult conversation to initiate, but our relationship has been so much closer since. Of everyone in my life, she was the person I most wanted to be authentic with. She finally got to meet the "real me" in 2018 and we're still very much in love. Once you have that, everything else is secondary. There is no challenge I cannot surmount if my spouse has my back.   I had... closer to 95% acceptance. I've got one family member who isn't accepting, but for the most part the rest of my friends and family have been great. From listening to other people's stories here, I imagine it depends a lot on your community. Fortunately, I live in a good one.   So yeah, feel free to look around and ask questions, that's what we're here for.   Hugs!
    • Jani
      I think Robert is still looking!     Talk about a genre shifting song from a band known for blues.  Those were the days.
    • Jani
      Greetings and welcome Milly!  I'm glad you have joined us.  Have fun.   Jani
    • Jani
      Greetings Kathy!  Welcome.  I think you'll find this to be a warm and friendly group to converse with.  Please join in! Cheers, Jani
    • Cyndee
      Welcome Kathy, you are among friends here  Having a supportive wife is such a plus, very happy for you !   March 11 will be here before you know it !!    Hugs   Cynthia 
    • KathyLauren
      Hi.  I have just joined.   I am a 65 year old trans woman.  I always wondered if I might be trans, but I always managed to talk myself out of it.  Until five years ago.    I came out first to my wife.  That was a difficult conversation to initiate - it took me six months to get up the nerve - but it went well.  She has stayed with me and supported me through my transition.   I started HRT three years ago, and went full-time, a few months later.  The last couple of years, I have been on waiting lists for GRS.  It's coming down to the wire now: I am scheduled for surgery on March 11th.   My experience has been all good.  My neighbours, the other members of the volunteer fire department, and strangers are all willing to accept me as the woman that I am.    I am retired, which certainly simplified the experience of coming out.  My main hobby is astrophotography: taking pictures of stars and galaxies.
    • TammyAnne
      Happy good morning to all. Will be thinking of you with upcoming surgery. My coffee is almost done, so I'll be heading to the studio shortly. Wishing everyone a wonderful day! TA
    • TammyAnne
      Very well put. It's sometimes described as "being comfortable in your own skin". Just be relaxed and interested. TA
    • Lucca
      So there is estrogen gel, but it goes inside the vagina and not the skin? Any idea why testosterone can go on dry skin, but not estrogen?
  • Upcoming Events