• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Talking with a therapist today! Yeah!

jae bear

• Forum Moderator

I have my first call back and talk with a therapist on the phone in just a few minutes! I am very much looking forward to finding a therapist that I like... Wish me Luck!

Squishy hugs,

Jae

• Forum Moderator

Thank you so much for the luck! I really liked talking to him on the phone! I think there is a great possibility that we might click well on the first interview... (he was listed in the resources area in my home town) I was worried about talking openly with a man, but for whatever reason I think is really nice. I will schedule an appointment for the interview soon and let you all know how it goes... I think I will go to the interview by myself and tell my wife how it went (her idea really) and then she can go with me on subsequent visits or not, her choice or possible me begging her to come (I love to take her everywhere with me if I can). I am so excited to talk to the therapist! I never thought I would want to do this, or maybe do it a bit begrudgingly... Thanks to all of you that encouraged me to call!

BIG squishy hugs,

Jae

PS   OH! I no longer have to hide the laptop when logging in since I came out to her! Yeah!

I am glad you are talking to a therapist I am going for a long overdue appointment on friday it is a 2 1/2 hour drive but worth it he is a great therapist and a transman so he really understands the problems we face 

bobbisue:)

• Forum Moderator

Wow Bobbi, that’s great even if it is bit of a drive... I like drives like that some days, it gives me time to think and be inside my head for a while...

squishy hugs,

Jae

• Forum Moderator

Thank you to whichever moderator corrected my horribly misspelled title, I meant to ask for help but whoever you are you beat me to it!

Thank you - big squishy hug!

Jae

I too am happy that you are going to therapy. I started with a woman, but had to change after I retired because she doesn't take Medicare. I was not sure about talking to a man either but I am as comfortable with him as I was with her.

Love,

Brandi

• Forum Moderator

Hi Brandi,

I got my appointment set for tomorrow at noon, I am soooo looking forward to meeting him! Our phone conversation was great, I really feel like I'm going to enjoy working with him! He is not in my insurance network sadly, but he said he would work out something I could live with, and to me it is important I find someone I can be open and honest with, so I hope I can manage to tuck aside enough to make it work. I found him listed here in the resources guide,  he said he primarily worked with transfolk (his words not mine) for all his initial career and now has a wider spectrum of clients, I am so glad for all the encouragement I got from the lovely people here in the forum, it's really been the best thing I ever found the courage to do openly...

Big squishy hug!

Jae

Jae, 

I'm sure that you will be able to work things out. He will be able to help you sort out your feelings and suggest ways to include your wife without intimidating her.It really helps to talk to someone who understands. I wish I lived in California so I could meet you in person. Best of luck tomorrow and in the future.

Love,

Brandi

• Forum Moderator

Oh Brandi I know! I wish all my wonderful friends here lived close by! We could all meet at Starbucks for chit chat and coffee (tea’s good too)...

Big hugs,

Jae

• Forum Moderator

So... I really like the therapist I saw today, I am going to have to carefully cut back on unnessessary purchases (sorry Taco Bell ☹️) but it is going to be worth it! We had an awesome interview, I can’t believe I waited this long in my life to go to one! I have so many things that need examining and so many questions,  I left feeling so happy I had to cry in the car for a minute before I drove back to work. I would never have known I needed this if it were not for the kind souls here that encouraged me. A deep thank you to all of you!

Big long squishy group hug!

Jae

• Forum Moderator

:applause::applause::applause:

Lots of love and a hug from Huggy Bear,

Timber Wolf? (and Huggy Bear)

20170907_192714.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Therapy certainly was a great step for me.  I'm glad your finding the same.  Simply being open and honest with another person without the fear of judgement is a liberating experience.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Oh my gosh, you girls are the best! I could't agree more with Charlize

3 hours ago, Charlize said:

Therapy certainly was a great step for me.  I'm glad your finding the same.  Simply being open and honest with another person without the fear of judgement is a liberating experience.

To hear my voice saying what has been locked up for so long was almost unreal! I would encourage anyone that has not tried this to give it a whirl! I am so glad I didn't miss out on this experience, and I would never have know if it weren't for all you encouraging me! I never knew I was so full of holes gaps and missing pieces, there is just no way one could string this all together and make any sense out of it all on their own. I remembered a massive traumatic experience back in 1989 that I just never talk about that now so clearly shaped much of my interactions with others from that day forward... Why did I wait so long to do this? Why does anyone?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Big squishy hug!

You're absolutely correct! Talking without fear of judgement is crucial to our capability of dealing with bottled emotions. I am working to set up visits with a therapist but the closest i have found is an hour away. Good luck and i hope your therapist helps you find peace!

Hugs,

Jenny

• Forum Moderator

Hi Jenny,

I say go for it! An hour drive would not keep me away at all, heck, I’ll drive 2.5 hours just to have lobster tail buffet at Jackson Resort! (Nummy...) It really is like nothing you could compare to, he even insists upon calling me by my new name Jae! So affirming! I’ve had a rough past, lots of loss but still plenty of love, I think anyone at all could greatly benefit from therapy...

squishy hugs,

Jae

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 88 Guests (See full list)

• Petra Jane