Transition Walls/Transition Goal Folders

I was just wondering if anyone else does this.

In my room, I have a wall of pictures of guys I want to look like after transition, for hope pretty much. On my tablet I have a folder of guys I wanna look like as well. 

Does anyone else do similar things to this? Do you find it helps, or makes things worse? Do you look at it and find hope, or despair, as if you'll never get there? 

Thank you in advance!

~ Josh

Yes, I've hanged an empty frame in my bedroom

It gives me hope, like life is an empty template and I have all the latitude to be myself, trust my instinct and be happy

besides, I really want to look like a pink wall anyway :D

Joking aside, I feel like it's a bad idea, that would give me so much dysphoria.

What is cute about what you are writing is the hope. It's very important to have that. Do anything you can to keep that hope and a positive outlook.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• Jani
    • Dev
    • Nihil
    • Charlize
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Jani
      I think there is a sort of placebo effect for some folks when they start.  The actual effects take a while to kick in.  I found the mental changes after a couple months and the beginning of some physical change a bit later.  But we're all different so your results may vary from mine.    Jani
    • Jani
      I saw the clip of John presenting the book and it was delightful.  Yes its a little political but unfortunately that's how things seem to go nowadays.  Good for them!    Jani
    • Charlize
      I never thought i'd write the words in the title of this topic.  Bless john Oliver and the others involved for standing up to the current administration in such a funny yet powerful manner.   https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-oliver-bunny-book-sales_us_5ab0676be4b0e862383aa9c2?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Nihil
      Thanks for your answers. =)    Dysphoria becomes sometimes nightmarish to bear (especially in cases like tonight) and it's sometimes very difficult to not get engulfed by all this negativity. But I try to resist as much as I can. The perspective of me getting hormones became a huge obsession of mine. I think about it all the time. IT's as if my entire mind was only focused on it.    How did you feel all when you took HRT? 
    • Charlize
      Welcome back Alice.  After living in a society where acting or looking feminine was grounds for ridicule and worse it took me time to find myself able to accept and be myself.  Therapy as Jani suggested certainly helped me find that freedom.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Charlize
      Welcome to being free.  Simply being open and honest about my gender took time but has brought me a peace and acceptance i never knew before.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Jani
      Congratulations on your marriage.  I hope the op went well.  A puppy can be a handful!   You're wife knows about you dressing and is OK with it but you feel guilty.  Is this a new feeling?   Is she surprised when you do, indicating she's questioning and you don't want to disappoint her?  If you have a therapist, you might want to speak with them to go over this feeling. 
    • BrandiBri
      Welcome Jive. you have come to the right place. As already stated, a good first step is to talk to a gender therapist. He/she will help you sort out your feelings. I understand your moms confusion, it is normal and she needs to work through her own feelings too. I "acted" like a male for 58 years before saying "enough is enough!" My youngest daughter is having the same issues, as well as feeling that she has lost her dad. These are real issues and I hope that you can talk openly with your mom to address her concerns and explain your feelings as well. Take your time to find your true self.    Brandi
    • Alice
      hi. I have just had quite a big op and got a puppy. married last year.  moved house and i think its mental games. cos i know the wife was ok for me to wear her close (im that skinny) but say a remark like ooh your wearing a bra ..   idk why i have this block in my head. everytime i go to putting some clothes on to get comfy something stops me
    • Jani
      Hi Alice, Welcome home!  We all struggle at some point so don't let it get you down.  What's been happening in your life thats caused this brick wall? 

• Today's Birthdays

1. ~Nova~
      (53 years old)
    2. iJustNeedToKnow
      (42 years old)
  • Upcoming Events

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • TransPulse Partners