• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hey everyone!

DraiksWrath

Hello people, I'm a 31 year old FtM dude. I'm not looking for romance as I've already found it.

My story as it pertains to being trans is kinda short. I've known I was transgender for about 2 years. For the 4 years prior to that I was aware that I was a man trapped in a female body but I did not know that meant I was transgender as I had never heard the term before.

I don't plan on changing my body to reflect my gender. I fear hormone replacement and surgery more than I hate my current body and the fact that my boyfriend loves me the way I am kinda makes me a bit happier with the way my body is.

Yes that's right I said boyfriend. I'm gay.

Okay I think I'm rambling now. If you have a question ask me and I'll try to answer.

Oh yeah my name is Drake.

• Forum Moderator

Hello Drake and welcome.  You're not rambling!   So cool that things seem to be coming together for you.  I understand the fear of surgery, its not to be taken lightly.  Hormones are for those that need them.  I'm happy to hear you're comfortable in your skin and you have a boyfriend.   If you have questions to ask us, we'll try to answer too!

Cheers,

Jani

Hello Jani,

Thanks for the welcome. I actually do have a question that may seem a tad silly, but is it okay for me to use my artwork as my avatar/icon rather than a photo of myself? I noticed most of the other users have a photo as their avatar/icon.

-Drake

• Root Admin

Hello Drake,

Welcome to TransPulse. :)  You can use anything as an avatar that you'd like as long as it's G rated.

MaryEllen

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Drake.  I like your tiger.  

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Oh, I've looked at Deviant Art before!  There is so much talent there.  Thanks for the link. 

Jani

Welcome Drake. I feel the same way!! I am terrified of hormones and surgery. I feel people don't really need those things to be beautiful. :)

• Admin
59 minutes ago, Brenden McCormick said:

Welcome Drake. I feel the same way!! I am terrified of hormones and surgery. I feel people don't really need those things to be beautiful. :)

Some people do need HRT and GCS and one of the problems with the Trans community is that we forget to respect each other.  People can be very good and wonderful with or without any of it but they get to decide and we get to love them as they come to us.  On this site, that is what we do with everyone.

I completely respect anyone who wants to do these procedures and wants to start hormone therapy. I am just terrified of surgery! I think you misrepresented what I said. I was just saying that everyone is beautiful no matter what. :):(

• Admin

I am sorry Brenden that I may have sounded off a bit on you.  I am glad to hear your affirmation there, what i wrote was meant more for others who we do occasionally get  who think there is ONLY ONE WAY to be Trans.  Since a day a bit over five years ago I have become even more on your side here, not that I was not before. 

I completely understand. Thank you so much for what you do here. I am just thrilled that we all have a safe place to talk to one another. :D

6 hours ago, Brenden McCormick said:

Glad to know I'm not the only one that fears hormones and surgery. I had a terrible experience being on birth control and it made me fear putting any sort of hormones in my body.

Although I'd love to be able to think the way you do that all people are beautiful, I've known some people with really nasty personalities in my life. Put simply I was sexually assaulted and abused when I was a teenager and into my early 20's and it has left lasting scars on my mind and way of thinking. I still try to give all new people I meet the benefit of the doubt, but some of the people from my past are just plain nasty people on the inside.

I hope none of the people on this site are as nasty as those from my past and I will be able to make some friends here.

PS. I tried to word this post as G rated as possible if it needs further editing let me know and I will remove what needs to be removed.

I am so sorry. This is a great group for support. We're here for you! :D

• Forum Moderator

Draik I'm sorry to hear you were abused. I understand it can be hard to let others into your life after those experiences.  We are a community of caring folks who offer support to each other no matter where we may be on this journey.   

Hugs,

Jani 

Drake, have no fears about nasty people here. We are here to give you all the support that we can. Read various posts, both in areas that are related to your situation and others that you might find interesting. I find that even some older posts have info that helps me to better understand myself. You do have friends here.

Hugs,

Brandi

Welcome, Drake. As others have written, I'm sure you'll nothing but support, kindness and encouragement here. I respect your views on your gender identity, and your reluctance to make changes in your health and body. Only you can know what's right for you. I spent months reading about HRT before I began, while also in therapy, and I felt it was the right choice for me.

I also liked your art on Deviant Art :)

Gwen

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Drake. I appreciate your willingness to share details about your life, and am sorry that you've had some difficult times.  It's wonderful that you've found love,  That's what we all want in our lives.

Please ask any questions you like.  We'll do our best to provide good answers.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Hi Drake,

Welcome to TransPulse. I'm happy that you've found us. Pour a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and join in!

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?