• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

kekoaw

What am I?

kekoaw

I really have no idea what I am. I just feel like I should have a vagina but I still wanna be a guy... Just a guy with a vagina. I have no idea what it is called or even if I should do anything about it. Any ideas or help?

MaryEllen

Hello kekoaw,

Welcome to TransPulse. My advice would be not to stress out over what you are. You can be anything that you want to be at any given time. There are countless variations in the transgender spectrum so you don't actually have to have a name on it. Just be yourself. :)

MaryEllen

DenimAndLace

I know what you're asking but first let it be said that you ARE a valuable, interesting, lovable human being with a lot to offer.  That being said, "What you are" in terms of gender may not have a word ...yet.  I am a transgender woman who is married to a cis, heterosexual, monogamous woman.  What are we?  Some would say a lesbian couple but personally, I think that's up for debate.  I think the purest definition of a lesbian couple  would be two cis gender women who are in a romantic relationship with each other.  What are we then?  What are you?  There are no words to define us perfectly.  YOU are certainly welcome under the transgender umbrella.  We are all infinitely diverse and unique.  Each of us ARE one IN a billion not one OF a billion. 

Forgive me for being so blunt but perhaps these tough questions will help you understand yourself better. 

Is your desire to have a vagina an erotic fantasy or do you feel it's what you should have been born with?

Is it possible, although repressed for a myriad of reasons, that you are indeed female?

Kirsten

That’s just it. It doesn’t matter “what you are”. If that’s what hurts you then that’s what you need to change. We all need to learn to be happy with ourselves. It’s the only way to true happiness. 

I spent a lifetime hiding myself. No more. I have no desire to live my life as a woman. But I would love to have the body of one. I have severe dysphoria about my body. I’ve been thin,fat, in shape, and not. Never once has my body felt like mine. So I am finally doing what I have to to be happy with my physical body. That’s all that really matters. Heck I haven’t even started yet and I am already happier with myself. 

This is such a difficult thing to deal with. Something that in my opinion nobody should ever have to. But we do. Don’t let little things make it worse. Just be yourself. Help yourself down your path. And forget about the rest. Things have a way of working out I think. 

Cheers 

❤️Kirsten❤️

Jani

Hello kekoaw and welcome to TransPulse!  My friends have said it well.  Be YOU!  Work to change what you 're not satisfied with.  It won't happen tomorrow but every journey starts with the first step.  You've taken that step.   I cannot recommend talking with a therapist enough.  I never thought I would but it's been the best thing for me to have an unbiased companion on my journey.  She listens and asks questions that make me think about where I need to be.   Please join the conversation.  We're here.

Jani

Charlize

Welcome to Trans Pulse.  Accepting myself has taken a lifetime and one thing i've found is that even so my reality appears to be fluid anyway.  I'm not sure there is a name that fits any of us here but trans seems to fit.  Therapy, as Jani suggested helped me a great deal as did reading about others and posting here.  You may wish to post in the intro. forum as well.

Hugs,

Charlize

BrandiBri

Welcome kekoaw

Brandi

kekoaw

Like... I wanna know if i am able to go through the genital reassignment surgery but no estrogen or anything... Is it even worth it if I am not on hormones? and if I would lose testosterone due to having no testicles after. Just things I need to know to know if I want to have the transition to intersex male or not... 

DenimAndLace

That's an interesting question.  My endocrinologist said that it's important to have SOME sex hormones in your body because they serve purposes other than sex drive and causing secondary sexual characteristics.  You may become lethargic or depressed due to low or lack of any hormones.  Your body will make SOME testosterone with your adrenal system even after an orchiectomy (removal of testes) but probably not enough in the near absence of ALL sex hormones. I think a good gender psychologist (one with a medical degree) would be a good choice for you to get mental AND medical questions answered.  I'm not positive what I've told you is 100% reliable.

Jani

This is correct, you need some (enough) sex hormone for multiple reasons as D&L notes.

Jani 

Terry

Hi kekoaw,

What you describe sounds quite familiar to me in many ways (not entirely though, I actually see myself in between male and female). I've checked a lot on this, looking at all kinds of resources I could find. As others have said, you do need some kind of sexual hormones. The biggest issue without them seems to be osteoporosis, but there are other issues too.

I'd say that technically it should be possible to take testosterone to replace your natural testosterone production. Personally I would probably prefer oestrogen, but as said, I'm similar in some ways, but not all, so you will have to find the solution that is best for you. I'm  still completely unsure about many things, so at the moment I simply take my time and try out things that are non-permanent and see how they make me feel. Gender is a complicated thing, and non-binary identities are far from straightforward to figure out. If I were male or female, I had a clearer idea what to go for. It's just trial and error it seems.

Terry

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• Phoenixrises42016
    • MaryEllen
    • VickySGV
    • jo jo
  • Who Was Online

100 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • Phoenixrises42016
    • MaryEllen
    • VickySGV
    • jo jo
    • Kirsten
    • Rowan
    • Alexx21
    • MaryMary
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Jani
    • Jackie C.
    • Petra Jane
    • hmillerrr
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Miseria
    • Joe76
    • Jocelyn
    • ckd
    • tomsawyer2305
    • Cat Lady Kelly
    • CyndiRae
    • Briana
    • Swansuser1
    • Katt
    • claire1000
    • Timber Wolf
    • Martyn
    • MarcieMarie12
    • KymmieL
    • Charlize
    • Elyssia
    • stbSusan
    • jae bear
    • DenimAndLace
    • DrumbeatAlex
    • kotobirbs
    • Lexi
    • Miss Linnea
    • Cthorne
    • Zedarius
    • Robin
    • Sharon Aml
    • Mickey
    • rufnear
    • Andrea
    • RudyMac
    • Adaline
    • tracy_j
    • Laura Beth
    • Ashlee
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Cheyenne skye
    • bobbisue
    • PurpleBlue
    • ChickenLittle
    • Keyan
    • It'sAndrew345
    • Rachael
    • Snow Princess Sophie
    • nitehwk
    • Isabelle
    • April
    • JMG
    • Dakota16
    • Terry
    • Summer
    • JD
    • JJ
    • Jojo
    • Willow
    • Carly Hughes
    • nate775
    • Michelle F
    • NewLife336
    • Alice
    • BrandiBri
    • Notsure2015
    • KeiraC
    • Lilyr1999
    • CaptainC_Cookies
    • mochi90
    • Julie J
    • DDan
    • Sophie
    • TiaMaria
    • Cluck1992
    • Lady Ayu
    • Poppycorn95
    • Braxton
    • leomonade
    • JBfox
    • Dev
    • CompressionMan
    • Steff
    • quezadajuarez
    • MolsMags93
    • Ronin82
    • Roberta-Belinda
    • Amy joey
    • Carly
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

tomsawyer2305
    Newest Member
    tomsawyer2305

No users celebrating today
    • jo jo
      i find the best thing to do is just practice and see  what suits you if your happy then bingo you gotta think most women themselves arent perfect at makeup !!!
    • Kirsten
      Ugh I hate that. I can’t tell you how many times I hear Michael at work and I turn my head. There’s like 5 michaels in our garage too. So it happens a good bit. And it’s never me. Lol
    • VickySGV
      I can see an application of this theory at work in the murder rates of Trans women in non-white racial and ethnic communities where masculinity is given special status and narrow definition.  The same is true even in geographic regions where general "male privilege" is held higher than female status.  It is that male privilege that is currently on display and excuses allegations of sexual force against women.  
    • Jani
      Great.  Yes soon your old name will be unfamiliar and you won't become alert every time you hear it.     Jani
    • SugarMagnolia
      Yes, it gets easier and easier every day which is what I'd hoped for. I'm still getting used to people calling me Julie at work, though. It seems completely normal in the rest of my life, but I didn't realize how surprising it would sound coming from my co-workers. Its such great blend of being surprised to hear it and being relieved/happy to not have to hide. ❤️

Julie
    • Jani
      There are two forms for obtaining passports, the original and renewal.  For some changes you need to use the original form even though you have a current valid passport.  The lady at the office who took mine said I had the wrong form until she realized I needed the gender marker changed.  So read the instructions carefully.  Best of luck.   Jani
    • Jani
      I would always prefer they err on the side of caution.  Years ago a guy I worked with had shoulder surgery and never came out of the anesthesia.  He was young and healthy.  it was so sad.  We never know how our bodies will react to it.   You'll be fine and your day will come.    Jani
    • Jani
      Greetings!!  You're not alone on this journey.  I'm glad you joined us.    Jani
    • Amy LeBlanc
      Thank you very much.  I need to get my passport or update my BC cause I found out that the state of AZ when flying, the TSA will no longer accept our licenses next year and we will we need to use our passports for TSA or get a second special federal ID card to fly out of AZ.
    • Briana
      Hi Mickey,   I can certainly understand your frustration.   That has to be a total let-down.   Hopefully you can get things rescheduled quickly.    While you may have thought the swelling was "not that bad" in your legs, any swelling would be something to note and consider preop/pre-anesthesia.  While the anesthesiologist may have been overly cautious, he's also keeping your safety in mind.  Anesthesia can take a left turn very quickly.  People tend to think that surgery is very exciting as it's portrayed on TV - constant motion and drama.  Generally it's hours of routine boredom punctuated occasionally by a few moments of sheer terror.  That "terror" is generally when people have an unexpected bad reaction to the anesthesia.    Best of luck!  
    • CyndiRae
      The problem is mostly re-enforced with those suffering from conservatosis. Conservatosis is very hard to cure, steady doses of truth can help. Unfortunately we have a society that feeds on a conservative propaganda machine, and that helps keep the hate machine rolling.   It's a terrible condition of the mind, it starts when your always afraid, step out of line, the man comes and takes you away.
    • MaryMary
      that's a great article I think. That's good to have a fresh perspective (for me at least). It will maybe help me better deal with those people
    • CyndiRae
      Yes that sounds like it would work, there are certain words required on the letter from Dr, same requirements as SSA, stating you have completed the transition from M to F for example. I did mine 5 years ago, and since my previous passport was still valid in my old name/gender, I did not need to present a birth certificate to prove citizenship (that's what they really care about these days !).   C -
    • Amy LeBlanc
      Thank You CyndiRae.  Would my original Endocrinologist letter that I needed for the DMV and SS office work?     Lots of Love   Amy
    • CyndiRae
      This info sounds correct Amy for name change, there is a 2nd part of this and that is the gender change on the passport, I am assuming you want the "F" for "Federally Female 😃". That part requires a physician's letter.   Good luck   C -
  • Upcoming Events