• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Celebration!

Dev

• Admin

For a good year or so, I counted calories religiously, starved myself regularly, exercised vigorously for at least an hour and a half every day...

...and lost not a single ounce.  I actually gained weight doing that.  It was incredibly frustrating, as I'm sure anyone who's tried to lose weight can imagine.  So I gave it up.  I stopped the hardcore exercise.  The only movement  I get now is during the 20 minutes when I walk the dog every morning.  Or rather, when she walks me.  I started eating what I wanted, when I wanted.  I suppose the key, then, is that when I went back to eating what I want, I eat sensible portions.  I don't pig out on it anymore.

This morning on the way to the shower, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and got curious.  Went in and stood on the scale just for fun, and found that I'm now down 67 lbs.!

If that doesn't set me up for the week, I don't know what will. :D

• Forum Moderator

WOW! I am soooo jellie right now! I know we talked about this before but it did not come my way, I did not find what you lost as now I am down a good solid 17 pounds. I’m basically living on vegetables, salad and modest protein plus an hour and 15 minutes of spin class every day, and it’s working! I have lost two or 3 pounds a week at best, And some weeks nothing. I, like you, have to just accept modest meal size, but it’s getting easier and easier as I go along, as I’m just changing the way that I eat and not dieting.  I bet you feel fantastic after seeing that 67 pound loss on the scale, I think it might be a bit more than just a weeks worth of feeling great about yourself, you can probably extend that all the way to next month !

Hugs, —- Whoa! You’re getting so skinny I have to hug you twice!

Jae

• Forum Moderator

Good for you Dev!  Small portions is the key.  

Hugs, 

Jani